LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

I’m in love w our ijbol emoji and Ariana laugh emoji sksksks

3 Likes

This is about spot on with how I picked the name as a play on the “Welcome to the fantasy zone” voice sample from Space Harrier.

6 Likes

Lol had no frame of reference. Thought we were still talking early 90’s American Gladiator and that Nitro!

5 Likes

5 Likes

/nfl Legend John Madden announces the opening of the PharaZone

5 Likes
5 Likes

his take on brett favre :rofl:

2 Likes

Same, my youngest sibling and I were cleaning up after the kids and both of us just stopped and listened to that song both knowing that feeling.

“What else can I do.” also hits rather hard…

In general, Encanto is one of my favorite Disney movies in recent memory.

7 Likes

It hits hard for me because I come from an emotionally abusive family. So a lot of those themes mirrored a lot of my experiences.

6 Likes

I remember some folks were mad at the happy ending and how quickly the old mom realized she was the problem.

I get not wanting to trivialize family drama like this. But for some, we’re never going to get an apology from a toxic family member. So with a movie like this, its nice to just pretend and let yourself experience how nice it feels.

10 Likes

Yeah…It was the ending a lot of us wish we could have had for ourselves.

6 Likes

I’ve always been one to want the fantasy ending, while knowing it’s not happening.

That movie spoke volumes to me as well.

May your days be many and filled with the happiness you need.

Nightsong.

3 Likes

Ah Don Bluth.

So many wonderful movies.

So much to answer to my therapist for.

5 Likes

Though it isn’t Disney, The Last Unicorn is genuinely one of my favorites. I even have two different copies of the novel it was based on! It’s such a lovely book, and an absolutely captivating movie - then again, I am perhaps a tad biased. If you came up and asked me what my favorite mythological creature was, I’d be answering “unicorns!” without hesitation. :smiling_face: :revolving_hearts:

On the topic of old Disney movies that still have my heart all these years later, though - special shoutout to Treasure Planet. Disney may have done it dirty, but it was genuinely such a unique and gorgeous movie, with a great theme about found family. Wife will indulge me with a rewatch of it every now and then, and it still always holds up really well to this day.

3 Likes

yes that is a very good one, indeed.

I had to google it, because I’ve never even heard of this movie until now.

1 Like

As far as things we don’t talk about goes, Bruno is better than fight club.

I said what i said.

1 Like

I honestly gave up on discord.

Only 2 of us from guild were actually using and that other using has barely played since half way through DF.

After what they pulled after I moved I axed discord entirely.

1 Like

I’m 52 ,saw FC back in its day and I still find it and their references lame.

All of it got so worn out it should be in the void.

1 Like

Me no watch many Disney movies

Only thing I watched recently was young Sheldon, which isn’t the absolute garbage show I was expecting

1 Like