LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

How about you stop defending the haters who come into this thread to hate on the LGBTQIA+ community.

You are part of the problem.

8 Likes

Sis /ignore them. They’re fishing for anger/responses to use as material

6 Likes

I’m kinda noting the setting aside of differences being suggested are a wee bit lopsided here.

8 Likes

Okay, since we’ve discussed The Mouse and their movies…favorite Disney song folks? Can be classic or Mordern.

I’ll go first.

Surface Pressure from Encanto. That song just really hit me in the feels.

4 Likes

I know, just making a very low effort joke on naming conventions.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Just have a bit of an underdog rooting tendency for the Chronicles of Prydain

2 Likes

I still sing this song. “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah” Won best song 1947, the movie, definitely did NOT age well… “Song of the South” (1946)

I get you 100% as I am the same about other similar properties. Might be a case of them knowing they were only getting the one movie to tell the story they wanted and melded some stuff together for the final product.

No. Not when the “differences” are asserting we’re mentally ill, that our healthcare is false, that we’re not deserving of care, etc.

And Bari DON’T EVEN START.

11 Likes

It is very catchy.

3 Likes

I know it’s a cliche but I can’t help loving Let It Go.

There’s a reason it got so overplayed. It’s a banger.

2 Likes

101 Dalmatians with it’s the Curilla de-ville song. :slight_smile:

Oh i’m gonna lol.

Let it go was good. So was ‘We don’t talk about Bruno’. I adored Bruno.

2 Likes

I hate musicals, but this song slaps. Used to play it at keggers and dorm parties, people would lose their minds like someone signing “Mr Brightside” at karaoke.

1 Like

Biggest surprise I’ve ever had watching a Disney movie was hearing Keith David sing ‘Friends on the other side’.

2 Likes

He’s got a wonderful voice for sure! Totally surprised me.

Same! I first heard his voice in Gargoyles as Goliath!

3 Likes

That’s gonna be a big same from me on this one.
Formative media for me growing up!

2 Likes

And here I feel silly for having learned his name from his role as Keith David in Saint’s Row IV

1 Like

I’m really hoping that they get the approval for a reboot series since the comics did so well.

1 Like