LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Sentient rail gun

That is all

Sheā€™s only seventeen (seventeen)
I used to give her love, like Iā€™ve never seen
Sheā€™s only seventeen (seventeen)
Daddy says sheā€™s too young
But sheā€™s old enough for me (seventeen)
Sheā€™s everything I need (seventeen)

Yeah. No. You can keep Kip Winger. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

Edit: You know, this makes me think too, with all the people who complain about Pride being shoved in their faces, itā€™s wild how we used to have to listen to stuff like that on the radio every single day.

8 Likes

Yeah, that oneā€™s a bit of a douzy. However, if weā€™re to believe Kip, he claimed in an interview it was based off the Beatles song ā€œI Saw Her Standing There,ā€ which also features ā€œshe was just seventeen,ā€ (which doesnā€™t approve of the power dynamic in offset-age couplings) and didnā€™t know that was considered underage. Heā€™s aware now of that, but, itā€™s not a winger song I like. Lotta other good ones.

One hundred percent agree. That ā€œnormalcyā€ for many may feel incredibly odd to call out. Like pulling the background frames out from favorite cartoon shows. It looks and feels very odd and some folks canā€™t separate it.

I am always reminded of this by the amount of masculine pronouns we use. Him, he, guys. I use ā€œfolksā€ or plop in the opposite pronoun but you can ā€œfeelā€ how different that is.

Everyday stuff reaffirms whatā€™s ā€œnormalā€ and many donā€™t appreciate that conditioning until something different is presented to them.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a weird amount of older songs who really point out how young the girl is

I do like how Metalocalypse made fun of that with Dr Rockso and his famous song

ā€œDory MaClean and sheā€™s only fourteenā€

7 Likes

It is a popular age for singers

4 Likes

I love that song and many other songs by her. :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated:

6 Likes

Bella Donna is one of my favorite albums

And then her duo with Lindsey before Fleetwood Mac is amazing, too:

4 Likes

You mean Leonard Rockstein? :rofl:

1 Like

Another good example of such is The Policeā€™s song Every Breath You Take,total stalker song.

3 Likes

Speaking of female artists, this band is [redacted] criminally underrated, and with LGBT band members (so they had to contend with so much to try and get their music heard):

I think this is better than the original!

2 Likes

So true.
Also, so true: I still have had the hots for Sting for decades. :flushed:

9 Likes

This legit made me go awww cute because awww cute. :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

8 Likes

In The Policeā€™s defense, that song wasnā€™t meant to be simply romantic, it was at least partly meant to be about surveillance and control. Stingā€™s talked half-jokingly about how he finds it a bit disturbing when people use it at their weddings. (It also doesnā€™t talk about anyone underage.)

8 Likes

Donā€™t Stand so Close to Me enters the thread

6 Likes

Legend. I love her.

4 Likes

Just to note, Little Kitty, Big City is an amazingly cute game, all the cat simulator of Stray with the surreal french horror replaced with cute talking animals

5 Likes

Dangit, you just reminded me that Stray has been waiting on me to play it for ever and I keep forgetting about it. And now Iā€™m trying to pack to go work out of town. Consarn it!

4 Likes

what kind of game is this?

8 Likes

Iā€™ll note that itā€™s on gamepass if you have that (at least pc)

4 Likes