LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

The different one you get at the end of Sunbreak is pretty dope tho

I think he’s a better “Hunters First Flagship”. So he was pretty intimidating when I was still mostly new and going through the Low Rank story.

Oh my goodness, so bean!! :heart_eyes: I love them both!

2 Likes

His armor and weapon designs were good, for both versions of him

He just always feels off to me, just doesn’t sit right

Mind you, I do realize me commenting on something not looking believable when one of my favorite monsters are Gogmazios

Also maybe I just like him because after awhile I could just Dodgebolt thru his tail lasers XD

Honestly not even a fan of the fight

I just groaned everytime I had to deal with him

But hey, with the absolutely massive catalogue of monsters they got, be impossible to like them all, and even no matter how crap they are someone is gunna like them (Steel Uragaan, you absolutely unloved goon)

Ye
I can’t stand fighting Valstrax but I know folks like him. Cool monster. I’m just bad at fighting them.

Not really a big fan of the Apex monsters in rise either but eh. Least they gave up on Rampage stuff for Sunbreak.

Then you got monsters like Chaotic Gore Magala where I’m too freaking sad to fight it.

My favorites will always be Nargacuga, Zinoger and Stygian Zinoger. :heart:

The intro for chaotic was SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Gat dang, only way it’d be more basic is if you threw rathalos and rathian in there

Just joshin, they’re super popular for a reason

Just “omg you poor thing noo” T^T

Its sad when the hunt is just “This creature is suffering”

Can we opt into putting them out of their misery?

Honestly its nice that they actually flesh out the “lore” reasoning for the hunts you do as well, its not just hey go kill X cuz kill X

Usually this monster is roaming into human territory, its an exceptionally aggresive one, theres something severely wrong with it, etc etc

But of course cuz somethings gotta fund the guild, there are the odd go hunt X so we can make some jewelry or something frivolous out of them

2 Likes

Oh right. Just to translate why Chaotic Gore Magala is sad

First you got Gore Magala. Think of them like a caterpillar that can possibly mature into a Elder Dragon ( the strongest monsters )

They mature into the Elder Dragon known as Shagaru Magala. But once there is a Shagaru in the area, no other Gore Magala can mature into a Shagaru.

Chaotic Gore Magala is when one is interrupted mid maturation. So think of it like a Caterpillar that just started to enter that “I am in a cocoon time to just become goop and reform into a butterfly” but got interrupted halfway through. So now you got a creature that is in immense pain

You can capture Chaotic Gore Magala. Buuuuuuuuut most hunters just put it out of its misery

1 Like

Ah got you.

Heh oh and for fun. Here’s what Shagaru Magala is

I mean if we wanted to get lore wise

Technically even capturing them doesn’t do much as once they’re turned chaotic, its just a death sentence

No matter what they’re going to expire relatively soon after the spores infect them and ruin their molting process

Yup. Why I said most hunters just put it out of its misery as soon as possible.

Also bring back Akantor (love him) and Ukanlos (they’re a pair, so guess so)

Be cool to have “regular” monsters again who are actually ecosystem destroyers, the kind of monster that even smaller elder dragons are iffy about approaching

Still cracks me up Espinas can straight up tank hits from Elder Dragons

The power of big sleepy XD

1 Like

Seeing Espinas in a main line game was actually pretty cool

Hopefully its them opening the flood gates to bring more Frontier species over as well

I’d love to see the derpy coward to bloodthirsty kill machine known as Pariapuria

Wait-- OWLS? :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

I must go look these up. I love owls and would be totally okay with them as a Poogie replacement.