LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

My wife is from Queretaro.

If you donā€™t have the trust level but want to post a link, surround the link with backticks like `https://www.brownhotel.com/dining/hot-brown`.

5 Likes

Ah thanks!

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/fathead-keto-cinnamon-rolls-recipe/
3 Likes

I wont lie, brown hotel just kinda

merged into a different word for me that made me do a double take for what you were linking

1 Like

So I cannot have sugar (hurts tummy) and I have IBS and cannot tolerate Erythritol, Monk fruit, the list goes on and on. Iā€™ve found stevia in purer forms and I use that. So many diet/keto recipes and products have these sweeteners that I cannot eat.
But Erythritol is not stevia but Iā€™ve seen them used together.
We bought seeds to grow stevia plants one year. The leaves are really sweet!

Wikipedia: "Erythritol is an organic compound, the naturally occurring achiral meso four-carbon sugar alcohol. It is the reduced form of either D- or L-erythrose and one of the two reduced forms of erythrulose. It is used as a food additive and sugar substitute. It is synthesized from corn using enzymes and fermentation. "

4 Likes

Goodness, I didnā€™t expect 80~ish replies within the few hours we were out at the parade! Though, I am happy to report we did not suffer any rainā€¦ while we were there. :sweat_smile: I suppose the sky decided to wait until we got back to the hotel before dropping some absolute buckets outside! Hopefully it will let up soon, so we can go out to eat.

Though weā€™re still not sure if we want to head a little ways further for a hibachi grill, or if we want Mediterranean tonight.

I want the pink butterfly wings quite badly! :sob: :sob: :sob: They would really complete a faerie-inspired mog I was working on with my purple/pink pastel goat, and Iā€™m upset they werenā€™t available yet! Hopefully soon. I also hope we see the black swimsuit soon, too - was quite disappointed to see it absent on the Trading Post. Wifeā€™s especially been looking forward to that since it was datamined.

Agreed. Much easier to simply block, ignore, report, and move on than it is to continue stoking the flames of drama and arguing. If you do not personally know or care for someone, there is little to no reason to become so invested in engaging with them at the expense of your peace of mind and mental/emotional wellbeing.

I do think it is rather icky to be so unhealthily obsessed with people on a video game forum, that someone feels the need to go on rather unhinged rants about them on an entirely different platform. But, ultimately, nothing can be done about it, and it is far healthier for everyone to simply ignore the person doing such things. You cannot control what others choose to do, say, or believe - but you can curate your own space, and control your reaction and association with it.

Iā€™m so sorry to hear about your loss, Maizou. Please tend to yourself and your own wellbeing as much as you can, though I certainly know the pain of grief. It will get easier over time, but even so - things are never quite the same after. I wish you and your family wellness and strength to get through these early times. :people_hugging:

The wifeā€™s really been wanting that, so Iā€™m planning to gift it to her either on her birthday or Christmas - whichever ends up being easier. Thereā€™s some absolutely scrumptious recipes in there that I canā€™t wait for her to try (and for me to eat :stuck_out_tongue: )!

Oh that sounds heavenly. :drooling_face: The restaurants up here are great, but I do miss wifey cooking. Maybe I can convince her to whip up a shepherdā€™s pie sometime after we get back home.

I am definitely bookmarking this for later. :drooling_face:

7 Likes

Hope the parade was great!

4 Likes

It was lovely! Today was Kidā€™s Fest, so it was a bit noisier than usual - but there was a lot of lovely conversation, and it was really heartwarming seeing families walking about.

A few we spoke to said it was their childā€™s first time experiencing Pride, and as someone who had to grow up with a less-than-supportive family that made me afraid to come out of the proverbial closet for years, getting to see the look ofā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what to call it. Relief? Vindication? on the kidā€™s faces, it kind of got me tearing up a little bit, I wonā€™t lie. :sob:

7 Likes

I think talk to them and just understand whatā€™s going on instead of judging. I feel like 9/10 times ppl just wanna feel like theyā€™re seen and heard.

I think this thread is one place. Made a few friends and didnā€™t have to go through that entire ā€œlet me put on my straightā€™ maskā€ phase and the ā€œshould I say something so I feel like I can actually be myself and form a real friendship or just be content with keeping the status quo so that I donā€™t risk being treated differently?ā€ phase

3 Likes

Hello to any other (if theyā€™re out there) Ace WoW Players! <3

9 Likes

waves in gay gray ace ello there

7 Likes

One place to start might be the PFLAG website. They have some resources for parents and loved ones of LBGTQ+ people, including trans people.

WPATH has transgender standards of care that doctors and insurance companies use if someone decides to go through a medical transition.

Those are the places I can think of off the top of my head that might be helpful.

5 Likes

Waves in gray ace

6 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/LPfJ3Ja.jpeg

This is Misha my dads new puppy, canā€™t meet Sunfyre quite yet but Iā€™m excited for them to be friends :sob:

12 Likes

15 Likes

Awe so cute!

4 Likes

Oh my goodness what a sweet little baby Misha is!!! :sob: :sob: :sob:

They look quite similar to my bestieā€™s old girl, too! She just has a bit more grey spots, and her fur is a little curly.

Those big adorable brown eyes got me so :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

Awwww, so cute

5 Likes

Adorable pup.

6 Likes

Awww, so cute some random cat videos found on Twitter

10 Likes