LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

I believe they are on SOC8? I can’t post a link but googling the two terms together will get you right there. Including pointing Åtari towards networks that can give you other doctors in the field with which to network.

3 Likes

I don’t think you’re wrong; when I began everything, it was SoC7 I believe.

2 Likes

I been craving corn dogs with the honey batter I usually mix maple syrup and mustard together for a dipping sauce. God been wanting that for weeks but I’m trying so badly to stay on my keto diet so I can lose more weight lol

3 Likes

No, you don’t. You’re missing the forest for the trees again. The only perspective that matters at the end of the day is the person who is transitioning. You understand the concept of Beneficence and Non-maleficence, Autonomy, they apply here too. The easiest way to do no harm, in this situation, is to just let them live, again.

4 Likes

Oh boy do I have something for you! The wife is trying keto too so we learned this recipe for oat pancake batter, for your "corn"dogs:

.5c + 1 Tbs Oat Fiber
2 Tbs Swerve Confectioners Sugar
1.5 tsp. Baking powder
.5 tsp salt

2 lg. Eggs, beaten
1.5 Tbs melted butter
.5 - 1.0 cups depending on your desired consistency Almond milk (I used Califia Betterhalf Coconut Cream - AlmondMilk, unsweetened)

In a med. bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a small bowl combine wet ingredients and add to dry mix. Stir well and let sit for a few mins. Pan fry like you would any other pancake. If using a non-stick pan no need to add oil or grease. Batch makes about 8, 4" dia. pancakes.

They’re delicious, you have to try them :smiley:

3 Likes

Could a person substitute the confectioners sugar for stevia?

2 Likes

For sure Fuzzbutt! I think the only requirement is that it’s low-carb. I just use confectioner sugar for that.

3 Likes

Oh got ya. I think stevia is no carb and all powdered sugar is is sugar that’s been in a food processor.

I do the same thing to stevia :stuck_out_tongue: lol

3 Likes

Oh no this kind is special, its made without the cornstarch, which is where all the gross carbs come from. It’s a bit expensive but I really recommend it if you want to sweeten things without feeling guilty.

2 Likes

Oh I get that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought sugar was a form of carb though?

Ooooh that stuff is a sugar replacement my goof

2 Likes

Oh no it’s just called that haha. On the back of the bag it says,

Erythritol, Tapioca Starch, Natural Flavor

I think it’s artificial too, but they grind it up so it’s fluffy and it goes longer.

2 Likes

Na it’s Erythritol it’s a plant. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that’s what they use for stevia I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely have to try that xF. So been dying for some corn dogs.
I’ve used baby corn as a “cornflower” flavor in some keto tamales before that came out super good. Wonder if that with fathead crust could work too.

I’ll need to see about getting that grocery list! Thank you!

3 Likes

Que sabroso, can you share the recipe for those tamales? :face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes

Monk fruit is a great sugar replacement that is keto and diabetic safe. It’s a 1:1 sugar substitute. Just dang expensive lol. As eating healthy always seems to be :frowning:

3 Likes

Absolutely!

Ingredients:
Pork filling:
Boneless pork roast 1 Lb
Salt and pepper to taste
I used a bit of Krogers brand jarred enchilada sauce
Put in in the slow cooker on high for a few hours

Masa:
This is where it gets weird:
Two or three cans baby corn, smashed in a food processor
3/4 cup almond meal or flour
One tbs cumin
One tsp garlic salt
One tsp chile powder ( I used chipotle)
Three tbs coconut oil

Corn husks softened in very hot water for 15 minutes

Whatever condiments you want. I served sliced avocado, salsa, and sour cream.

Instructions:
Place pork roast in slow cooker rubbed with whatever spices you want… I used oregano garlic salt black pepper and a little jarred enchilada sauce. Set on high for four hours.

Masa: put three cans of drained baby corn thru food processor. Really mash it up. Add 3/4 cup almond flour. Add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste . Add the coconut oil and stir it all up.

Meanwhile be soaking corn husks in hot (boiling) water for 15 minutes.

Take out a husk, spread some masa over 2/3 of it, place a line of pork over that, and roll it up. I did left, bottom, right , leaving the top open.

Steam your tamales till semi firm. I had no steamer so I used a colander inside a really big pot. It took like 30 minutes per six tamales.

Serve with whatever condiments you want ( avocado, salsa, sour cream). Enjoy!

7 Likes

I’ve been watching too much Dungeon Meshi. I just hear Senshi now

4 Likes

You. Are. AMAZING!!!

You have no idea what a help you are, my wife’s birthday is just next week and she’s from Michoacán. She’s been so sad she’s had to miss corn since starting her diet. You totally just won me “Wife Of The Year” award. I’ll make sure to thank you during my speech.

6 Likes

You’re super welcome! I’d definitely suggest a metal coriander not the silicone heat resistant ones… Mine melted on the first batch lol.

But omg it was so good. ^3^

4 Likes

If I could post links I’d share a keto fathead crust cinnamon roll recipe. But alas. XP

4 Likes