LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

You are absolutely right in this and I have been thinking about it. I think I worry too much that it will all just add up and I will crack one day but I think I need to change my perspective. Instead of thinking about it building up its more like obstacles passed like you said. Maybe with each “obstacle” the next will be easier to get over.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s fair to tell someone who’s had success and seems very proud that they are wrong and attempt to victimize them. You have zero grounds for your claims and indigenous people run/operate their own social services on reserves so….

1 Like

That is not what I meant at all! I was not being sarcastic whatsoever or giving a back-handed compliment when I said that I was happy for them.

And for indigenous people in North America, I meant that there is a struggle for them to have the same access to services that other communities take for granted, not that they “run/operate” their own social services “badly” or whatever bad take it seemed like I was trying to convey. I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear about that.

Wait a second who are you and why are you stirring tish in a lounge thread?

3 Likes

13 Likes

I’m not stirring anything nor did I imply anything I just pointed out your condescending comments that I think aren’t appropriate for a lounge thread. Carry on

2 Likes

Well, you misread. Pointing out systemic inequity is not being condescending.

3 Likes

It is when it’s in response to someone saying the opposite you attempting to invalidate their real life experience for your belief. Uncalled for

2 Likes

I personally think your comment was fine. Don’t put too my thought into it.

4 Likes

Happy Pride Month to all. I haven’t got my GIF done yet thanks to some obstacle, but maybe some day Soon™. Love you all, and may we all be proud to be our true selves.

17 Likes

Yes it does, I can’t stand that excuse. I happen to be hispanic and came to this country not speaking a lick of English. Were there a few bad apples, of course there always is. But to say the majority of Americans are racist or hold you back is an excuse. I wish folks could live where I came from for just a day to see what real discrimination and problems are, not these first world problems people dwell about.

Sorry, but like my dad used to tell us. Excuses are like used socks, they stink!

Thank you, I love this country! My grandfather is Comanche and fought in WW II he also like my father loved this country. I was raised in Northeast El Paso and was lucky because in that area of El Paso you see every race, color, and creed. So for me when I went to Kansas for college it was no big deal.

I know I will get attacked for this, but all the inequality people talk about I have never been a victim of, and this is coming from a darker complexed person who couldn’t speak a word of English. For me, people went out of their way to help me.

1 Like

It’s a low post count low level alt

I wouldn’t take it very seriously

4 Likes

Wait, so because I am a low post level alt. it makes my life experiences invalid?

Is that what we are doing now?

BTW, I thought I was a “person” not an

IT?

1 Like

You’re level 70, weird you thought I meant you

5 Likes

Stopping in to wish you all an amazing Pride Month. Stay safe out there if you’re going to events.

11 Likes

You too.

Otw home from ours.

Decent turn out despite rain,no buttheads.

5 Likes

Anyone here watching Doctor Who? Really enjoyed Jinkx Monsoon as Maestro, and going nuts trying to figure out the deal with this ‘twist’ lady…

2 Likes

I haven’t watched the new stuff yet, But I plan to sit down and watch it soon.

3 Likes

Best dr who are the audio books. Last few seasons have been stinkers.

Did you see the episodes with the 14th Doctor?