LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Where’d all today’s posts go? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Omg did something happen

1 Like

Someone was being being unpleasant. But not only was his post removed and the one or two replying directly to him, but a number of others were for no apparent reason.

3 Likes

I wonder if it’s the same person who also targeted a discord group with hate messages.

1 Like

No, not at all that’s what’s strange. Someone came in to complain and start problems but after that we were talking about Earthens getting married by giving each other diamonds then eating them. Maybe they didn’t like our sense of humor? Very weird but whatever.

2 Likes

Could also just be like a mass delete using a datetime from Point A → B. Easier to do that than to look through every single post

3 Likes

I liked your idea for Warlords of Gaynor. Khadgar kissing 100 guys, right? :wink:

4 Likes

I think sometimes decision by moderation that makes no sense seems to go a bit far at times, though this is my own opinion of course. I dunno, but some of the time too, it does also feel like those who aren’t in any wrong are getting punished for not doing anything wrong, and those who are, are basically getting away with it.

6 Likes

I’m just immensely entertained watching Peach right now because she LOVES watching stuff like Paw Patrol and Bluey. Lotta happy play whines and barks.

Just wish it wasn’t so freaking hot out or I would try to take her out for a walk. Even nighttime its still too warm but at least with night time I can have her out in the backyard playing fetch with a ball that lights up in the dark.

6 Likes

Just a reminder, everyone - you all matter.

12 Likes

Thank you!
:people_hugging:

6 Likes

Man. Watching State of Play.
I clowned on fellow Until Dawn fans who pointed out how bad the reveal for its remake looked because of the lack of blue lighting.

What they just showed made me go back and apologize on Tumblr lol.

Also I do not like how they’re writing Angela in Silent Hill 2. I know we’re just seeing a snippet. Buuuuuuuuuut given I know what scenes are happening with her. The writing feels like they already done goofed. But due to the subject matter of her story. I’m just keeping some things to myself. Well. Not on the forums anyway.

2 Likes

What in the world is “toxic positivity” and where did the idea that being nice to people in an online game where people mingle amongst each other become such a horrid concept to so many players?

e: In retrospect, I don’t necessarily need an answer to this question. I’m just baffled by the phrase “toxic positivity” as if being nice to people was inherently wrong. Is it just a weird patriarchal reflex on toxic masculinity? I don’t even know any more.

3 Likes

Not a hundred on this but i think i see it mostly used in situations like, someone’s concern trolling.

Also in cases of like being unable to voice criticism on things deserving of criticism. To the point where someone’s trying to drown out criticism in favor of just being obnoxiously positive.

2 Likes

Toxic positivity isn’t niceness, it’s nastiness hiding in a facade of niceness, or encouragement to bottle up negative feelings to present a happy face.
definition I found:

" Toxic positivity imposes positive thinking as the only solution to problems, demanding that a person avoid negative thinking or expressing negative emotions.

The research around positive thinking generally focuses on the benefits of having an optimistic outlook when experiencing a problem. Toxic positivity, by contrast, demands positivity from people regardless of the challenges that they face, potentially silencing their emotions and deterring them from seeking social support.

Some examples of toxic positivity include:

• telling a parent whose child has died to be happy that at least they can have children
  • asserting after a catastrophe that “everything happens for a reason”
  • urging someone to focus on the positive aspects of a devastating loss
  • telling someone to get over their grief or suffering and focus on the good things in their life
  • labeling people who always appear positive or do not share their emotions as being stronger or more likable than others
  • urging people to thrive no matter what adversity they face, such as by telling people that they must use enforced time at home during the COVID-19 pandemic to develop new skills or improve their fitness
  • brushing off someone’s concerns by saying, “it could be worse”
13 Likes

Oh. Oh god, that actually makes a tremendous amount of sense now. I was so wrong in my assumptions.

Thanks for the clarification, genuinely.

6 Likes

If this is coming from the FF14 discussion, there’s at least a few loud voices out there that are overly defensive of the game and have an excuse for anything (example from friend who plays, the people who will not hear that ARR may turn off new players and will make comments about how that’s just people who don’t like story etc.)

1 Like

These people are Gatekeepers and need to be told to be put in their places.

1 Like

If you’re familiar with the concept of the “American Dream” , that’s a neat example of it. Or at least something that is very much associated with it

I’m quite familiar with that distasteful myth and I can see the conceptual parallel.

But, you know, capitalism will solve everything if we just trust the free market long enough.