LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Make sure you’re not including friendly and fabulous in this list of restricted F words that describe you, friend!

And I’m sorry you had to experience such derision from a family.

4 Likes

Total shift to a gentler, nerdier topic: I wish we had more hair styles and hair colors, even if it meant “earning” them through barbershop dailies or activities and getting “manuscripts” (aka clippings from magazines that we’d take into the hairdresser from days of old…)

I must’a spent me about 60 minutes in the barber last night after Keys, and then another 20 in Narcissus just trying to get a vibe going with what I’ve got on top right now.

10 Likes

I’m always game for more character customization

And the novelty of having to unlock the hairstyles could be neat, assuming they didn’t do something dumb like locking it behind a raid boss

Could be like, 5 NPCs will have the new hairstyle and you gotta use the selfie camera thing with all 5 so the barber knows how to do the haircut, tadaaa

8 Likes

those new highlights that Bobby the Boss have are so dreamy, let’s go kill him for it! is an interesting twist lol.

Dude, the selfie cam integration sounds pretty darn slick

3 Likes

are there any LGBTQ+ PvP-ers out there?? I need some gay friends to play with D:

4 Likes

Just speaking for myself and my circle of friends and people i know etc queer to me feels more inclusive and of color and a lot of things like gay clubs or gay pride parades often uphold whiteness and body standards upheld by the white patriarchy which is still very present in the community. But like when you say queer spaces or queer gatherings or queer voices to me i associate that w inclusivity and more BIPOC inclusion.

7 Likes

You are a hundred percent right and valid in feeling this way, both of you. I think it’s perjorative but it’s also been correctly reappropriated. “We’re here, we’re queer, get used to it” has been used for nearly 70 years. You have people who say it’s all inclusive, it lets the LGBTQ stop at the Q since it’s gender neutral and many things fit under it. But then as well, some folks might say that doesn’t fit them either and don’t like being put under an umbrella. At the end of the day, like many other aspects of LGBT, many see it as a celebration of being different. So when Lolorito calls something queer in the old English sense, I feel like that’s what he means, just different.

6 Likes

I understand, and I’m sorry you’ve been treated that way.

/hug

I understand this as well, and I hope I don’t come off this way because that’s certainly not my intention. I’m a total gamer and anime/manga nerd, so I just try to offer insight into some of those topics when I feel I can.

/hug

7 Likes

When I saw this poster, my first thought was “now kiss!”

Unrelated, I made a strawberry cake with olive oil because I ran out of vegetable oil. Will it be bad? The cup of batter I had tasted a bit like medicine but I don’t know if that’s because of the oil.

8 Likes

:smiling_imp:

7 Likes

It’s gonna turn out the same but taste much more like oil. Olive oil has a very unique flavor. I think it’ll probably be pretty interesting, maybe you’ll invent a new viral snack. Just don’t mail it to people in bags.

5 Likes

You have a new subscriber

I took it out of the oven and it smells good! I hope the smell will carry the taste, apparently 80% of taste is smell?

7 Likes

Take a big honkin bite and let us know how it goes. We need more brave people in the world.

6 Likes

I’m going to cut off the puffy top part now so update 10 mins

6 Likes

I got like locked on my main for the time being so you all get Lovekiss likes but they are still from me so. :dracthyr_heart: :dracthyr_heart: :dracthyr_heart:

7 Likes

Bro eating a kitchen sponge

6 Likes

broken blue heartMy biggest weakness on the forums

:cake: I’d ask you to share some cake with me, but I’d probably eat all of it myself. :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Literally, yeah. My sister decorates them, I do the boring parts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Olive oil is definitely a better substitute than 20 weight motor oil, so you’ve got that going for you. Unless you’re baking for mechagnomes.

This is the extent of my culinary knowledge.

6 Likes

Fourth of July surprise!

4 Likes