LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Oopsy poopsy, I only have three Elmyouus. So cata Elmyouu is Elmyouu 3.0.

Also does anyone do this where they can’t decide on new characters and just make classic characters who are clones of your retail ones?

5 Likes

Since there’s plural, aren’t they all Elmthemms?

7 Likes

LOL! Elmthems indeed <3 Also Elmy’alls

6 Likes

I’m a big fan of werewolves / lycanthropy and figured this name would be fitting.

Plus I made him look very similar to my fursona as much as possible.

4 Likes

Woofers are good too.

4 Likes

Worgen are great :3 Good choice.

3 Likes

I need to work on my fursuit head to get it ready for September for the Mothman festival.

I need to fix how it sits on the face it wants to sag and the teeth not line up right.

Also I want the ears more… idk bendable and more dog like.

3 Likes

It’s such a good Anime…and actually got me into watching Ice Skating irl

1 Like

I don’t think you understand the irony here if you refusing to listen or understand yourself by saying this, given you think being an LGBTQ+ ally means just shutting up and not try to uplift their voices with theirs, or that they should never disagree with an idea, even if the idea isn’t going to clearly work.

Or somehow thinking me talking about non-lgbt people means i’m talking about bigots here, while non-lgbt people and bigots are not the same here. Or somehow think any disagreement on or to your side (Even if it’s simply telling you the idea wouldn’t work and explain how bigots operate) as an endorsement for opposition side here.

…Cept i didn’t start it. It started off with an idea and i simply gave my honest opinion on it as well explain why i don’t think it would work.

If i were to just simply shut up and not explain why the idea wouldn’t work as you clearly want me to, i would be doing you all a huge disservice here.

Because i’m against discrimination and for the principle of never being worse then your enemies here. Never ONCE i’ve said appease them.

You want me to be against discrimination? I’l gladly do so with no exceptions. But when i’m or others being discriminated even if it means gated out of converos because of their race/gender/sexuality, i take an issue with that.

You would have no problem with this if the opposite side doing it.

Having my opinion on things is not talking over people.

You may subjectively disagree, but i’m still an ally to the LGBT+ regardless you like it or not because of my actions, because it’s things i truly believe in myself as well.

Being a Leftist doesn’t mean i have to blindly agree. Esp if the same ideologies conflict with one another or sound suspiciously the same as the right’s.

Just found out yesterday Beetlejuice was getting a reboot / 2 , looks like a fall / September release so in time for halloween vibes

https://youtu.be/CoZqL9N6Rx4?si=lIMzbJ6EHsdzkKov

-maybe if we ignore people who lack range they’ll go away-

9 Likes

Point of order: Allyship does not mean speaking over or for marginalized voices. It also does not mean shutting up and not trying. It’s in the middle, using your voice to support and bring attention to those experiencing and speaking about the problems being faced.

12 Likes

I am so excited for that. Michael Keaton and Willem Dafoe on the same screen together in a Tim Burton Movie? It’s gonna be chaos

9 Likes

I only have one remix character so far, i am trying to decide what to make next. I kind of want one of every AR who I don’t have the heritage armor for yet. But I don’t know if i have that much energy.

3 Likes

Having an own opinion here and telling you this idea wouldn’t work, doesn’t mean speaking over.

Allyship doesn’t just come in just agreeing and shutting up. Infact, there would be slight disagreements and that’s fine. It doesn’t mean their for the other-side here. They simply see an error with your methods here and want to try something else.

Yet you have a problem and call it “Speaking over” if i do try.

…Again, it’s a problem for you when i do exactly that as you told.

I knew the new Beetlejuice movie was coming, but that is giving me vibes to want to see it when it hits cinemas.

6 Likes

RIGHT in time for halloween / fall too like obviously theres all of sep and oct before halloween but the fall vibe is kinda very much that especially for ppl that like the season

5 Likes

I’m a little disappointed Burton’s not going with his original idea (Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian). But this still looks awesome. :smiling_face:

You’re being unnecessarily combative and pedantic here.

If that many people are backing such a heinous opinion that was shared and allowed to remain for a significant amount of time, there is a problem and it should be examined in the context of the situation.

6 Likes

How is putting up a charity and knowing full well some of you are against it is being combative?..

How’s giving geniune good advice about reading over somebody thinking the normal way we quote (which were doing now) is combative?

And also, how is me saying “What happened to this” when, esp that was the phrase said from your side is being combative?

…Nobody said the thread can’t be banned.

I’m simply saying the idea to look at likes as endorsement is fallacious thinking here. The bigots can easily not like something or like both and it would appear as if their on your side given this system.

Okay I have been trying to ignore this Discourse but I am going to try to very politely give you some free advice. Walk away. Step back from this conversation because all you are doing is stirring up ill will.

I understand the position you are trying to come from. What you’ve said. But you’ve kind of missed the whole point of the conversation. What’s the saying? Missing the forest for the trees.

You claim the idea of keeping a list of those who support ideals against the existence of LGBTQ+ People would be a bad idea. That it is wrong and puts us on ‘their’ level. But at the same time one of the key points of Surviving as a member of this community is knowing the dangers around you. Knowing what, and yes who, can be harmful to you. Knowledge saves lives.

You’ve also preached trying to educate those who are bigoted to come around to being allies. I used to believe in that too. I used to try that. You know what it got me? Beaten, Threatened, Stabbed twice, and hospitalized. The world is not always a safe place for such discourse. And there are places out there that will still look the other way on hate crimes. Right now, survival superscedes the need to educate the other side.

I know you feel like your voice is being ‘drowned out’ because no one is getting on board with your ideas. But you have failed to really try to understand the point of the others. You keep saying ‘this isn’t what I am saying’ ‘that’s not what I meant’. But it’s how you are coming across. It’s how your message reads. If people are not seeing what you mean, maybe take some time to step back, take a breath, and figure out where the communication issue is coming from. Cause right now I will tell you that you do not come across as an ‘ally’. You come across as a Centrist preacher trying to push a ‘both sides’ argument. And if this is not what you want…step back and rethink how to present your point.

11 Likes