LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

…Or you could just put them on ignore.

People can go whereever and say their thoughts on whereever they wish to go or say.

And LGBTQ+ megathread here also allows people who aren’t LGBTQ+ to participate as well. I mean, as far i’m concerned, threads don’t really discern your sexuality here. (Which if they would, that would also be abused)…

1 Like

I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the black man’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to ‘order’ than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice.

-Martin Luther King Jr

4 Likes

Letters from a Birmingham Jail, right? I thought of this too…

2 Likes

He might not know that much about oppression, though. We don’t know what kind of circles he ran in. :clown_face:

1 Like

…He also said "Hatred begets Hatred”.

Though i guess that’s not a convenient phrase for you.

To those in the serenity of status quo, seeing a punching bag punch back must be quite the queer occurrence.

4 Likes

I think it was also kinda a weird phrasing like a certainty to the situation when like only the mods know the reasoning for their failing to take action on that thread.

Also as far as i can tell everyone’s moved on save for the same people upset at the statement that not all spaces are for you, that doesn’t mean you’re not welcome but it does mean you listen as oppose to speak over especially when said space is aimed at giving a voice to a minority.

4 Likes

Anyway. Heads too buzzy with thoughts so time to just listen to music.

Meds are just taking forever to kick in so I’m still awake

2 Likes

It’s so entitled and narcissistic. Say we’re running a burger shop and someone comes in and says “you know, I don’t eat burgers, but you guys are going to have some trouble attracting other people who don’t eat burgers like me.” Okay, and? Do you think you’re that important? Do you think the burger shop is going to stop JUST to please you? It’s almost impossible to put yourself in that headspace as a functioning person.

3 Likes

People have the right to voice their opinions in where ever they like, regardless if you like it or not. Regardless if their white, black, asian, male, female, trans, bisex, staright, gay, lebisan, etc…

The LGBT+ community doesn’t need this sort of hostility and hate towards people you’re giving towards people like so, nor do any other community. Hatred Begets Hatred.

The internet is public.

1 Like

Its like this one post I read where someone said a woman approached them just to say they seemed so angry and unapproachable.

And yet they still felt like butting in to say that to a stranger

3 Likes

Just poking my head in to say Hello everyone. Hope you all have a safe and amazing day.

8 Likes

But were on the internet, and last time i check, there’s no restriction on where to go here to give our thoughts and etc.

I’m not sure where anybody got the idea they have any authority in regards to who may post where, but that’s neither here nor there.

Yes, that thread should never have been allowed to continue at all, let alone for nearly a day. The CoC violations on both sides made it untenable to sanction one side but not the other. The options would have been to suspend everybody, or suspend nobody.

Report them, flag their posts, do not engage with them. Attempting to somehow derail their threads only serves to keep them bumped and increase their visibility.

The Support Forum agents have said as much. Don’t allow yourselves to be baited into breaking the rules, too. It’s not that they make no distinction between bigots and their victims, it’s that they can’t ethically make a distinction between two factions who are both violating the Code of Conduct. If that’s the proverbial straw that breaks the camel’s back for you, that’s absolutely understandable, but it feels like giving up. I would encourage you to stay. Push back against the bigotry, but do it in such a way that you don’t stoop to their level. You’re better than them.

What music are you listening to lately? I like this band called Tele Novella that’s pretty chill, they could help you sleep.

Edit: don’t even respond to the above bait. Flag and move on. That’s what he wants, he said so himself.

2 Likes

I was revisiting a playlist I made for my DnD character. 3 songs got hidden but I can’t remember what they were. So now I’m pondering replacement songs since when I got reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bored and made this list, I wanted to kinda tell a story thru it.

Also when in doubt I just listen to Hazbin Hotel among other things

4 Likes

Short King hype!

1 Like

:roll_eyes:
​​​​​​​​​​

You know I just couldn’t catch on. I like some stuff about the Helluva Boss one though. When it comes to musicals I’m more old fashioned, like Rent or Hairspray.

He’s such a neat depiction of Lucifer. I love seeing all the diff ways folks make him be. Or her or them in some cases.

3 Likes