LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Tbh this often used as the initiation into the “see LGBTQ+ are hypocritical and are malicious” pipeline. As much as people are allowed to free speech and debates, people are also allowed to protect themselves and not want to associate with people who would wish them harm and ill-will. As long as the people here aren’t crossing into the territory of initiating that same vile comments and hate campaigns that bigots are spreading, then I think there’s no harm in people looking out for themselves.

Anyways, account-wide ignore thanks.

Do you think there is an issue with this?

4 Likes

Omg DANCING ON MY OWN. I CAN DO THAT VOICE RANGE. ROBYN is a queen

I just did. I’ll say it a few more times. My identity will never be on trial, especially if I am the defendant. I will never soften myself or my ways to play nice and make friends with bigots. And you will never be able to police a space you don’t belong in.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Again, never said they couldn’t.

I think the problem is their mistaking my advice that bigots are watching, as an insult to them or saying “we should appease them”, when my comments suggest “we should convert them”. Or just ignore them.

Yup that sounds like solid advice everyone should take :+1:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/1RKqOmSkGgM?si=3sS4knLBqYNdna_i

Omg I got some privilege back!!!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Chappell is BLOWING UP. I’ve loved her for years.

I think I could do a fun Pink Pony Club

1 Like
1 Like

Nah, i mean, never say never. If you’re able to convince the most stubborn person, you pretty much accomplished much here.

You’re saying i don’t belong despite the fact i call out bigotry constantly and even support the LGBT+ by dropping charity links and even liking comments. Is that not enough anymore because of what i am? (things that i can’t change?)

In the event if you’re being sarcastic…

If were talking about actual killers, then call the cops or get the authorities or defend yourself. Sure.

If were talking about who aren’t, who just blow a load of hot air tho… Ignoring might be the best way to handle this sometimes.

1 Like

my texas heart loves this song and dance, i cant comment with links but here I am going strong!

Also team- Lady Gaga Chromatica Ball tour is coming out on MAX Saturday at 7PM central. I splurged for crazy tickets in 2020. It was postponed for 2 years for covid. I got to keep the tickets but it became a much bigger tour(originally only 3 cities- NY, Chicago, LA). I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE IT AGAIN!

2 Likes

Oooh, love Elton John

4 Likes

Tbh I get your argument that there are definitely manipulative and insidious people across the board that can and will use tools at their disposal to abuse a system. I think the topic here is not so much about power abuse, and more of the collective attacks and insults that people here generally have to endure every other week/month with these bait threads saying the most heinous things.

It’s why a number of us don’t even start threads on LGBTQ+ topics, and don’t use the megathread much other than just finding a community because we know that LGBTQ+ topics aren’t all that welcome here. Furthermore, it’s not like the LGBTQ+ characters or content in the game is even that prevalent of noteworthy enough to want to talk about.

As for the bait threads, usually I prefer to just ignore or fool around, but I do think the moderation failed to some degree and and it’s just not a good look on their part to leave a topic up for > 12 hours (or was it more?) where someone was losing their mind and telling people some wild stuff. And it’s not really just about that, it’s all the other threads. I’ve seen threads calling us an uncurable terminal illness, that we harm children etc… which is extremely disgusting especially when I myself am an uncle and would not only ever harm my nieces and nephews, but I generally save up my life fortune and inheritance for them because at least for me if I can’t have kids of my own, I like the idea that I can give something to them.

10 Likes

Honestly, I hate everyone that splits posts into sentences and responds individually. I’m sure we are about to get a massive one

Sure, i can agree to that. But i think it can also be both, esp since they both kind of go hand and hand.

I just think the idea they presented with moderating likes would just end up backfiring or not working out.

It saves me from paraphrasing and such and keep things organized and neat.