LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Have you tried Helldivers2?

Doing wonders for me.

1 Like

I donā€™t like FPS games. I have terrible aim due to shaky hands.

3 Likes

I meanā€¦ you could say something so bad they perma ban you so you canā€™t come back butā€¦ thatā€™s an absolute ā€œlast resortā€ option.

But na I feel you on that. Itā€™s like ā€œIā€™ll take a breakā€¦ ah na Iā€™m back again.ā€

I would play that but idk. I heard some not so great things about it regarding LGBTQIA+ and idkā€¦ if I go to play I donā€™t want heckled / harassed etc. It does look fun though.

3 Likes

these forums are hilarious to me lol just entertainment.

could try dragons dogma or sdv new update if theyre your jam

1 Like

So far hasnā€™t come up for me or my Hubby. Though Iā€™ve not been super open about anything with the randoā€™s Iā€™ve met. Most folk are just playing for the meme of ā€œfor libertyā€ and all that. Been a very friendly place so far.

I know Arrowhead Studios did say they didnā€™t have plans to add any pride based cloaks or such but thats all Iā€™ve heard.

What have you heard happening?

2 Likes

From my understanding, someone in their discord asked if they were gonna be adding in Trans stuff and they were bootedā€¦ any mention of LGBTQIA+ they said ā€œNo politics only gameā€ or something like that. Basically any nod to it was shut down and or people were kicked out.

Least thatā€™s the way I understand it. If Iā€™m wrong, please correct me on that front.

3 Likes

What about Cities Skylines? Iā€™m talking about the first game, not the second.

4 Likes

Oh thatā€™s a fun game!

4 Likes

Just remember the ol rule of thumb

If the media portals super nationalist pride ironically, its gunna attract nationalists who are too stupid to understand the joke and take it super seriously

There are many examples of this

2 Likes

The second one is quite fun, but is still very buggy, and still feels like it is in early access despite it isnā€™t. Like, the bugs really do plague badly in the second game. Not to mention it really does make my computer run.

3 Likes

I think i see? Iā€™m unsure.

All i know is if i were to play and get heckled for w/e (voice is one of em) or whatever else, i would ultimately put it downā€¦ but i digress.

3 Likes

Itā€™s an online fps

Someones gunna say something negative to you, its a guarantee

3 Likes

Oh no i get that itā€™s if its a constant thing like every match i join kind of deal

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t doubt it. I havenā€™t heard much on my end. May look into it furtherā€¦ community, at least anecdotally, for me has been entirely good though.

There definitely was some of this early on with helldivers2, but it seemed like they were squashed pretty fast by people making significant fun of them for not understanding the game is literally satire.

I think the only reason I didnā€™t get into this is the expansions seemed like a lot all together.

3 Likes

Yeah, the DLCā€™s are pricy, which is usually best to get when there is a sale or special, but could be much worseā€¦ Looks at Sims 4

5 Likes

Old Gods donā€™t get me started on Sims4 >:[

4 Likes

Thatā€™s good to hear and sounds really positive in that regard :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You mean DLC simulator?

5 Likes

My favorite version of this was folks getting mad that Disco Elysium called them a fascist when they picked fascist talking points.

Or the ā€œpolitics dont belong in video games. Oh whats my fav game? Bioshockā€ people lol

6 Likes

Yeah thats the one.

Lets charge an arm and a leg for what you already had in the previous one and then double it because we split it up between several extra now SMALLER dlcs. :frowning:

4 Likes