LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Agreed. :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

11 Likes

OH Seeing that gif, Iā€™ll put that update that I posted in my discord the other day of the Fuzz drawing. I havenā€™t gotten a chance to add more to it yet.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1211044701067804764/1222029633474789406/image.png?ex=6614bac8&is=660245c8&hm=90a3c9ad91c28bbb53988ea8d6fbabdf1bc6473a0c83c08906545dafc4d6830e&

5 Likes

Helping with the pic and I love it.

7 Likes

Thank you and Iā€™m hoping once I get some classwork done I can add more to it and get more of it done.

I just got some more procreate brushes / textures yesterday so hopefully I can add texture etc :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Naughty already helped out with the pic. So, thanks for caring, all that do. Phara may just have to Phara.

5 Likes

Phara does Phara things.

:heart:

5 Likes

I remember hearing ā€œenjoy childhood, it only gets worse/harder from hereā€ but that is not true in my case. My childhood was ā€¦ less than ideal ā€¦ so hearing this made me think, ā€œoh no, it gets worse!?ā€

But now I absolutely love adulthood, it is several magnitudes better than my childhood. Yes I have to pay for things but I also feel like a person. I have privacy now, I have options now. Iā€™m not in high school or bullied for being gay (pushed down steps, car chases etc) anymore and the worst one is actually in prison now (for unrelated reasons). I donā€™t have to do everything every adult in my life tells me to do. To be honest, being a kid can actually suck, children are small people who lose every battle they get into, being an adult is awesome and I want to tell LGBT+ youth that maybe life actually gets much much better for you so stay tuned for more.

10 Likes

Hmmā€¦ maybeā€¦ Gender-fluid?

gender-fluid

A person is gender-fluid when they donā€™t identify solely as male or female, and their gender identity changes over time. Thus, the term refers to a change in a personā€™s gender expression (the way they look or behave), identity or both.

7 Likes

Rita, youā€™re awesome! :dracthyr_heart:

7 Likes

My childhood was hit and miss. There was good parts but some bad partsā€¦

Adult life has gotten slightly better. I donā€™t get made fun of and where we are, regardless of how I dress or do, people are very nice :smiley:

Iā€™ve had a few glares but itā€™s w/e Iā€™ve always had glares. In school I was attacked, harrassed, bullied, you name it.

8 Likes

Firstly, thanks for trying to help. But, Iā€™ve thought of gender fluid before, and I always feel like and identify as male even with the feminine likes and behavior. I donā€™t know; maybe itā€™s just complicated. Which is also okay too because thatā€™s just me.

I wish no one was teased, bullied, ridiculed over love or gender. From experience, it just simply sucks to be called stuff not repeatable here. Or to be attacked. Lack of kindness, empathy, and respect do such harm to everyone in society.

9 Likes

Pharazon, I want to add that I also experienced this sort of, well not gender dysphoria exactly but incongruence between my expression of gender and societal norms for people of my gender.

It actually took me until my Ph.D. advisor to find a male role model who was the kind of man that I wanted to be. Other men in my life were doing things that seemed forced, or defined masculinity in ways that didnā€™t speak to me. But my advisor was a very kind, nurturing man, who had clear goals but was also very patient. He knew exactly who he was, and he was very confident (security on the inside) but never arrogant (insecurity on the outside), and I admired all those things about him.

12 Likes

Ignore the lizard.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing that Rita. :people_hugging:

I thank everyone for being nice. But, I want to say super-thanks to someone. I know not everyone on the forum likes or gets along or whatever with you or vice versa, but I've got to thank Fuzz for being so kind to me as I've tried to be more open than I usually am.

fuzz hug

Hope you donā€™t mind me borrowing this old gif I made in the TL3 lounge a year or two ago.

And, I donā€™t know if I should say anything, but, also, thanks :bread: if you read this. I know thereā€™s tension here with you and donā€™t blame anyone feeling how they feel, but youā€™ve been kind to me when I started talking about this side of my life and encouraged me to be me. Please donā€™t hate me, everyone, for caring.

9 Likes

Hey itā€™s np.

I know Iā€™ve made my fair share of mistakes and all that and I ainā€™t perfect. Iā€™m learning as I go along and I guess thatā€™s all a person can do is just keep evolving so to speak.

I try to be there as I can for others and be supportive cause wellā€¦ we all need it sometimes. /hug

Plus life is too short to have hate and be hateful to others. We are all on this planet for w/e reason even though we donā€™t know what it is and Iā€™m happy that my presence on this planet helped someone and that Iā€™ve made somewhat of a positive impact.

5 Likes

Maybe thatā€™s the best answerā€¦ you donā€™t really need to find a specific label for it because, youā€™re just you.

I think that could possibly work for a lot of usā€¦ but I canā€™t speak for anyone else.

Just go on being you. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Pharazon you are awesome no matter what label you have.

Also, sorry if my ā€¦ frustrations with plunderstorm left you feeling down. Iā€™ve never had a good response to pvpā€¦ especially when itā€™s for something I want, and people just keep grinding me into the groundā€¦

7 Likes

Thank you. I guess weā€™ll all just have to try to be ourselves, and thatā€™s fine. :dracthyr_heart:

You are free to have whatever frustrations you want about the game or Plunderstorm or whatever. I have a love/hate relationship that mode. The worst part of it is that itā€™s meant a lot of UN-kindness in the community, which bothers me a lot. Too much hate against each other and not enough kindness and love.

I hope you have more okay-enough days than not, Nightsong.

6 Likes

just be urself and want to be and not think abt labels or titles or w/e if you like things you like then as long as you arent hurting anyone who cares. just ppl in this world really suck just stay w/ the groups youre comfortable with and move on together w/ them. ppl care way too much abt what others do, especially if it causes no harm. cant reason w/ some ppl just have to find ppl who you can trust n love

5 Likes

Iā€™m still geeking about FF7 so heres something not mega spoilery.

I adored seeing veteran players of the OG see those birds and just go ā€œOH ABSOLUTELY NOTā€ before beating the crap out of that monster to save them. Sure newbies would wanna save cute birds too. Its just one of those ā€œYou donā€™t understand. These dudes were precious in the first gameā€

Cloud Jr even does the lil shrug animation Cloud always did in the OG. I swear these games just feel like a giant hug.

6 Likes