LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Thank you all for the kind words :slight_smile: <3

6 Likes

From what i understand both advantage multi and revolution plus do the flea / ear mite / worms etc thing but advantage multi covers more types of worms (?) but then doesnā€™t cover ticks which rev does idk, iā€™m thinking im leaning to advantage multi for that reason cause an indoor cat (save for possible walks / on leash im trying to get him used to a harness) in southern california suburbs im not that worried about ticks but idk

I canā€™t give him anything rn bcz he had a dose for this month from the humane society before i adopted him so will be next month in a week ish i guess

6 Likes

Oh, speaking of which, Iā€™ve almost had a heart attack a few days ago. There was a serious traffic collision between 2 trucks and a 4WD, that killed 3 people in Queensland, and I thought my partner might of been involved, since he was somewhere in Queensland. When I went to try and call, he didnā€™t answer, and it wasnā€™t until a couple hours after the story was reported on the news that he called back, and told me he is nearby the area, but couldnā€™t move because of the Highway been closed.

Tragic that there is deaths on the roads, but I am glad my partner was actually not involved.

4 Likes

I know how you feel about losing your cat. My golden retriever passed away Feb 2nd of 23. I still hurt from the loss. Losing her broke me, and I went down hill. Depression and stopped taking care of myself. Doing better now, but it has been rough for the past year.

Take care.

8 Likes

My life as a little kid wasnā€™t happy to say the least.
Some people can get really angry.

Are there websites where i can express my traumatic experiences?
If this is the wrong place to ask this then please tell meā€¦ ?

There may be some different communities on reddit that are just for that.

Reddit pretty much has a community for everything really.

4 Likes

Reddit is almost the internet itself, with how it has almost everything. Yeah, almost, because somethings would not be allowed.

4 Likes

If thatā€™s what I think youā€™re referring to, thatā€™s a good thing (to not have that stuff allowed that is being a good thing).

Anyway hopefully they get stuff figured out etc.

5 Likes

Itā€™s always good to explore therapy. Might not be for everyone though, but itā€™s at least worth trying. Venting on an online spaces can help a little (at least to release some frustration), but it wonā€™t really give you the tools you need since thereā€™s only so much that anyone online can understand about your situation. Also while a sense of support can help, unfortunately sometimes you might encounter people who may enable you or teach you bad habits. So always exercise a degree of caution.

Personally I didnā€™t want to spend the money on therapy so I went to learn about things like cptsd, emotional intelligence, and attachment style theory through books/youtube. But you want to becareful here to not get entrenched into those ā€˜life coachesā€™ type of people. Look for their credentials, and donā€™t take anything anyone sayā€™s as an ultimate truth. Learn things, and then figure out how you want to apply that to your own life. Ultimately you have to keep in mind that your goal is to develop the knowledge, language and tools to understand and manage your emotions better. Not get a quick fix.

9 Likes

Today is a tragedyā€¦ thought my car breaking down engine failure likely from cooling system not put together right was badā€¦ Apparently my district manager and his partnerā€™s adopted 3 year old drowned in the pool when he went inside for something gone only like 30 sec. He wont be returning to work for a while. My heart aches for themā€¦ so freakin sad. This whole day is just horrible ;-;

12 Likes

:people_hugging:
Iā€™m sorry about your car, and thatā€™s absoutely heart-wrenching about your managerā€™s child.

12 Likes

I canā€™t even imagine the pain those two are experiencing. Iā€™m not a parent myself, though Iā€™ve helped raise all of my siblingsā€™ kids. If anything happened to them, especially on my watchā€¦ :sob:

9 Likes

One of my friends came out to me as a femboy today. It was surprising for many reasons but Iā€™m glad he was comfortable enough to tell me.

He still considers himself a cis straight man, so I donā€™t know if heā€™s necessarily LGBTQ+.

7 Likes

What is femboy?

term for a male or non-binary individual who expresses themselves with traditionally feminine behaviours.

11 Likes

Hey, Pharazonā€™s got a serious question to ask and maybe someone kind enough can give me a serious answer, if there is one. To not hide behind the avatar, Iā€™m a pansexual male. Iā€™m quite familiar with the femboy term, but, though Iā€™m a mostly-non-masculine male who likes feminiene things and has mostly-effininate behaviors, Iā€™m also not interested in wearing dresses or lingerie etc. Iā€™m not trans; I feel that for sure.

With the trolling that happens on these forums, itā€™s probably not the best place to ask this. But, besides with the friends and family that accept me and partners and, when I went, therapists, I donā€™t put myself out there publically and donā€™t really participate in the larger LGBTQ+ community, so Iā€™ve never asked about this. Iā€™ve identified as bisexual for 25-26 years and pansexual for a dozen years or more, but reading stuff as I might, I still donā€™t know where I belong in terms of identity. Pharazon is just Pharazon. But, is there a wordā€”one that isnā€™t hatefulā€”for a male that is somewhere between neutrally-masculine male but not feminine-presenting enough to be a femboy. I donā€™t know; Iā€™m nervous about asking these types of questions.

11 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s a word for that specific presentation. I think it would really depend on how strongly you identify with the word man.

Thereā€™s demiboys that identify slightly with man but still identify with something else. Thatā€™s under the trans umbrella tho. Agender if you donā€™t really identify with man or woman.

Yeah, Iā€™m not sure. Maybe someone else knows more terms :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Iā€™m not sure myself.

Pharazon is Pharazon and we love Pharazon. <3

10 Likes

FYI, you still need to work harder on being kinder and more respectful. Not you, Fuzz, or Zigstur etc. Iā€™ll leave this, but the personā€™s post got deleted.

9 Likes

I assume that was directed at lizard man :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes