LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Hope the move is smooth, and Chicagoland treats you well. I enjoyed my time living in the area when I did.

7 Likes

for what itā€™s worth, from your amazing gifā€™s to your heartfelt posts, your commentary will always be welcome to me.

I hope I can be as brave as you should the situation arise

8 Likes

I believe that humans are interconnected. For better or for the worse. I rejected my religion when I was 8, but in time I learnt to discover my own sense of spirituality and belief in a guiding force that is beyond comprehension. Something no one can see, or hear, but perhaps only feel. Perhaps weā€™re all here to collect experiences and discover that everything within ourselves is the same as everything else. Or maybe weā€™re all just livestock where the emotional energy is used to feed an alien being. Who knows. Iā€™m too tired to think clearly lmao

7 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks, thanks, thanks, all. I donā€™t have the right words currently to express myself well. If my knee wouldnā€™t make me regret it, I might be elated enough to dance, thanks to your kindness.
dracthyr pharazon dancingPinkyli the gnome dancing

9 Likes

Nothing wrong with keeping parts of yourself privateā€¦ but you should always feel free to love who you love, and not feel ashamed of it.

Anxiety, depression, I feel these even now. Before every post I make. Yes, even this post.

Courage isnā€™t a lack of fear, it is being afraid and choosing to do so anyways. I have to remind myself of this frequently enough. Just remember you had the courage to post about this. Twice.

6 Likes

I feel ya there. Add in some communication issues I have, and sometimes it feels better to
delete what Iā€™ve tried to type and hide afraid.
I know itā€™s okay, but, still, itā€™s nerve-racking-ly stressful usually. Mind you everything else is too, work especially so with regards to communication anxiety just because, so itā€™s nothing out of the ordinary or new. I just let it reach a point of being discouraged when dealing with anxiety and communication problems on here or in other non-work interpersonal communication because, well, I can just not talk/type without repercussions for others unlike work or some other situations.

I always say that if I had a wish that could be granted that could only last for one day, Iā€™d ask for a day free of worry and full of happiness for everyone. Those kinds of days can be so very rare and ephemeral for some of us that I this may be the best single-day gift I could give the world. Iā€™d wish it even if I couldnā€™t have it too.

But, here in the real world, Iā€™ll just be keeping on-edge and worrying and strive for ā€œokay-enoughā€ days. I know Iā€™ve had better anxiety management in the past with some other medications, but Iā€™m still okay with where Iā€™m at right now: way better than without.

Anyway, Iā€™ll just be over here still keeping worrying about everyoneā€™s well-being and hoping for okay days and less anxiety for those I meet because I try tell myself that Iā€™d rather think of that as having excess love to feel than simply being irrationally fearful.

:people_hugging:

8 Likes

You and Iā€¦ so many similarities.

Donā€™t worry, you are not alone. :people_hugging:

I wish you well and many peaceful days.

5 Likes

Eugh. Moms letting a relative I do not like stay at our place for a few days. Long story. Short version is cousins in the hospital ( heā€™s fine ) , and his Mom was around 2 hours away.

Mom and I both donā€™t like this woman. But this is more for my cousin.

Iā€™m just not mega thrilled about having to get dead named / misgendered by them because I am so not coming out to this woman.

6 Likes

Oh no :frowning:

Iā€™m so sorry /hug

4 Likes

Iā€™m just gonna be extra in my room when this is going on. Sheā€™s only staying when Mom is off work.

My agoraphobia just makes me super defensive about where i feel safe. Even if in some other life where I liked this woman I would still be on edge.

( edit: oops I already mentioned his accident here lemme just delete this paragraph )

Iā€™m not trying to act like I have it worse or anything. But Iā€™m still irritated about this. Iā€™m just now extra mad at the idiot that hit him.

5 Likes

I understand completely.

My brother has been in a couple bike accidents and had to get a lot of stuff on his one leg fixed up and pins in his spine.

He into an accident the first time cause the pin going to the brake handle was missing (that was a whole thing in itself which I ainā€™t getting into) and he ended up wrecking the motorcycle. Caused a lot of damage to one of his legs when he was a teenager.

The other time that Iā€™m aware of is he was pulling out of a resturaunt and a lady was speeding and hit him. Messed his back up pretty bad and he got head damage I think too. Left a sizable dent in the top of her car where his head hit. Heā€™s fine now all that happened ages ago.

Dadā€™s been in a couple motorcycle wrecks too which uhā€¦ ainā€™t discussing those cause they are very umā€¦ well the details are bad.

I get it 100% some folks itā€™s like they shouldnā€™t be on the road and or the folks that purposefully try to hit people on motorcycles shouldnā€™t be driving eitherā€¦

But yeah hopefully he makes a speedy recovery and with what you said, were they able to save the foot?

2 Likes

Nah. Surgeons took a lil extra of his leg off just to help make sure infection wasnā€™t gonna happen. So from the knee down that leg is gone.

Knowing him heā€™d find some way to keep it in a jar or something for the luls.

3 Likes

lol well least heā€™s in good spirits about it then!

Ah got you well least they were able to do that and it will heal up and all that.

2 Likes

Sometimesā€”especially with familyā€”you might take abuse from one or more persons who may be hateful so that you can protect or be kind to someone else you care about and love. That doesnā€™t mean you deserve the abuse; no, itā€™s quite the opposite. I wish you didnā€™t have to deal with this relative because disrespect of your name and gender is so unkind. Itā€™s about the easiest bit of respect and kindness we can give. And, since it seems that coming out to this relative is not something in the cardsā€”donā€™t blame you thereā€”I hope you are able to avoid her as much as possible, and I wish you the best luck on enduring the time.

While Iā€™m still being more sharing, I didnā€™t say anything before when you mentioned your cousinā€™s accident, but I just wanted to wish your cousin a good recovery. I know what itā€™s like to be involved in a life-changing accident, not on motorcycle but as a pedestrian though. Even if your cousin is strong and stubborn, heā€™s going to need a good support network. I had eventually 14 surgeries, and I struggled with everything. And, I canā€™t imagine how it would have been to have actually lost a foot. I hope he doesnā€™t ever remember the accident, but, you never know, itā€™s possible he may remember at some point. Iā€™m not saying that you yourself should be his support, but itā€™s good to have someone that cares make sure he gets to come to terms with whatā€™s happened and not try to push all of that away deep inside.

Sorry that I type slow because of word recall; I fall behind on conversations a lot.

6 Likes

Yeah his legs still busted, thatā€™s gonna wait til the swellings down then theyā€™re gonna get some metal in there to hold it together.

Least until then the hospital is keeping him VERY happy lol.

4 Likes

Iā€™d consider it disrespect when someone knows what I am and misgenders / deadnames me anyway.

If someone isnā€™t aware of what I am and gets it wrong, most of the time I wonā€™t care.

Iā€™ll live. Iā€™ll just be very crabby.

5 Likes

Itā€™s all good. :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Yeah youā€™re 100% allowed to.

I usually donā€™t like to stay with relatives in any capacity. Even when I travel Iā€™d rather find my own accommodation cause I like having my personal space + I feel like I donā€™t want to trouble people to have to change their day to day life (even if itā€™s just for 1 or 2 days) just to adapt to me. Some are really nice though, and insist itā€™s fine, so I just make it a point to not intrude on their business, spend most of my time outside, and keep things very clean.

So I think in return, I do find it a little annoying when I have relatives stay with me. For me I donā€™t mind if they donā€™t expect me to entertain them the whole time. Like if they wanna crash and do their own thing, and we just talk over dinner, thatā€™s fine. But if itā€™s to the point where I have to constantly take care of them then itā€™s kinda annoying to me.

2 Likes

I already said this elsewhere but Iā€™ll mention this ā€œfun factā€ on the forums.

The last time I spoke to my aunt. This was back when I was on facebook so I wasnā€™t even 20 yet. Aunt just decided to share photos of her with a deer she hunted. The guts were out.

Obviously not wanting to just get Surprise Gore on my feed, I said some certain phrases I canā€™t say here to her. Then blocked her.

I have no issues with hunting. A warning would have been nice tho. Given how the deer looked in that photo, it probably tasted terrible from stress.

Its gonna be mad awkward seeing her after over ten years. But at least Moms gonna be here. Weā€™ll just be awkward together.

Mom even did the ā€œAre you mad at me?ā€ thing and I said no. Like a damn liar. Best to just bottle it up for now.

5 Likes