LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 2)

Senshi is the master chef of cooking.

He protec
He atac
But most importantly
He make snacc

2 Likes

Oh hell no this gotto change. Milk tea is amazing. It’s called bubble tea usually cause there will be pearls added (those black circle tapioca), but you don’t have to get those if you don’t want to. I usually prefer getting aloe vera as a topping or ice cream, but not always.

My go to is things honey milk tea, or mango drinks with cream. I’d also recommend getting it less sweet cause the sugar level is pretty wild even at 25%. Different shops will have different specialty drinks as well. I recall going to one that had a creme brulee milk tea drink and it was amazing. So you can always just pull up google map, type in ‘milk tea’ and check out what kind of shops you have around your area.

Thai milk tea!! YES!!!

I always order this whenever I have thai food. But again, it’s really sweet so it’s always nice if you can share it with someone

2 Likes

But… But… But…

I don’t know how to make them, and the nearest place that sells Bubble Tea isn’t even cheap either :sob:

I think in Syd/Melb it’s all mainly in the city area. I think prices range from like $6-$9 or so? The specialty shops will charge higher, while places like Sharetea will be a bit lower. It’s definitely not something you want to have too frequently.

I can’t speak for Melbourne, but here in Sydney, can find some stores that sell Bubble Tea out in the suburbs. Can even find some places that sells it in Newcastle too. But the shop that sells it near me, which is in the city, sells about around $10.

Very random but CNN just had an article about the acceptance speech that Tom Hanks gave for Philadelphia. It was a crazy good acceptance speech for a hell of a powerful role at a time when it was very out a limb to do that kind of thing. Very random, but just something people should check out if they are interested. Very heartfelt and interesting speech.

2 Likes

It’s my first time seeing that speech, and it was sad to see him get emotional talking about the subject. You can tell he really cared for those two figures in his life. That issue is still very controversial, and it’s sad that 30 years later there’s still so much stigma and fear.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, first time posting in this thread. I just have a question and could use some advice on handling a certain senario.

Long story short I’m Trans (MtF, in my 7th month of HRT) and I’m still very cautious about letting people know (due to my family choosing to forget my entire existence upon finally coming out and want nothing to do with me anymore)

Typically I don’t really like to talk about irl with online friends as I’ve had my fair share of just playing online games and making a new friend who seems super nice and loves to chat until I mention that I’m trans only to get absolutely ghosted afterwards.

I’m not looking to date or anything but I find it hard to make new friends in WoW (Currently I only have 1 but we rarely get to play together due to work schedules) and outside of LFG dungeons I’m playing solo (had a bad previous guild experience and worried about joining another and experiencing the same thing :/)

Whenever I’m in Stormwind from time to time I’ll see someone mention their identity in the OOC section of the TRP3 addon. I’ve wondered about doing this so any potential new friends would know right off the bat but also concerned about whisper harassment. To those that have that information displayed publicly do you find other players to be overall nice or mean?

8 Likes

have a good sunday all

4 Likes

Have you tried finding a guild that advertised themselves as LGBT-friendly?

8 Likes

I would offer advice but I don’t play on moonguard so idk how to even start with suggestions. :frowning:

5 Likes

I think Zigstur is probably right on this. Try to find a place advertising to find people just like you who are having a hard time finding people who are supportive and just you know, not insane. Hope you find a place Val. Anyone on Val’s server with a cool guild?

6 Likes

Same here. I saw it because I saw something about Spielberg saying it was the best acceptance speech he had ever seen. Its so insane that it was gutsy but it was. Weird how much it has changed in my lifetime and at the same time hasn’t. Sad but good I think is how I would sum up that speech. Sad but good.

1 Like

First up, there are a few guilds that advertise as lgbtq+ on Moon Guard and/or WrA, I play on both, a few specify they are trans friendly and supporting. I’d check into getting into those and perhaps lurking and then testing the waters.

As far as revealing more about yourself via TRP3… I can relate, not trans myself but to opening up and letting people into my trust circle (been burned so much). My advice is don’t do anything that will discourage you from playing the character/game.

Once you feel more comfortable with your people you can open up.

Finally, I’m sorry about your family. Perhaps time can mend that rift. In the meanwhile, I wish you many days of happiness. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

6 Likes

(Sorry for the late reply, was at work ^^;)

Thank you all for the support and advice~! :heartpulse:

I’ll give it another shot and search around again tomorrow affter work! :smiley:

4 Likes

As someone who mains on Moonguard, there are a lot of LGBTQ+ friendly guilds. Plenty of players, like you’ve noticed also have their identity in their ooc info. I’m going to guess you might get the occasional weird, creepy, hateful message (at least I do if I have that I am a woman irl) but at least you can report and block. I have some friends who’ve put it in their profile they are trans and they haven’t had any creeps or hateful people message them, at least not that I’ve heard. But experiences may vary.

3 Likes

Are you specifically looking for a RP guild? If not, my guild is always recruiting, we’re active at all hours, and it’s a very tolerant, inclusive space with plenty of trans members already. We’d be happy to have you.

6 Likes

Not necessarily, while I enjoy RP it’s not a major factor for me.
Ideally, I’d like to find a guild that’s chill, social, and does low to mid keys together. :smiley:

If that’s alright with you I’d love to join~!

Technically I main Combat Rogue but atm I’m learning how to tank on Blood Death Knight. Would it be alright to have both characters in the guild?

3 Likes

That is, quite literally, exactly us.

Sure would. Feel free to add my evoker Tsonos to your friends list and shoot me a whisper when you get online and we’ll get you invited.

If I’m not on I’m making dinner or something, so just reply to this post and I’ll pop on real quick.

4 Likes