LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

The Arthas arch in Warcraft 3?

Aka medieval Darth Vader?

2 Likes

Medieval whaanican.

2 Likes

Talking wotlk also not just wc3 on how he got shadowmourne

Fair. There is a clear difference between that version of Anakin and that ridiculously awesome hallway sequence in that other star wars movie.

Thatā€™s like concentrated hype for me lol

Arthasā€™ story only has some semblance of being good because it follows a twisted version of the monomyth.

Arthas was an insufferable whiney character in the human campaign and when he was the hero of the second act of WC3 I stopped playing back when I first got it and didnā€™t replay it until MoP.

It was not all that great, actually.

Kinda makes me glad heā€™s not showing up a lot in Shadowlands. Sylvanas is already hogging the story. Arthas would completely take all of it

1 Like

You would think we would encounter his soul in the maw. Itā€™s like a Star Wars film set in
The OT and no vader involved

Iā€™m glad we havenā€™t come across Arthas so far.

Iā€™m enjoying Kaelā€™thas being petulant.

1 Like

Anyway regarding the whole Chromie thing. I can get why some lgbt donā€™t like this

Her representing basically because someone goofed on her name ages ago kinda diminishes it

But I donā€™t think the lore side of Blizz is doing this with any sort of negativity. Sometimes naive intent. But nothing with malice like ā€œHereā€™s your representation now shut upā€.

But again. I get why some would think that.

The Accuser treating him like a spoiled child is GREAT lol

2 Likes

Arthas had Frostmourneā€¦

3 Likes

I love it.

2 Likes

Can I just say a ceremony where you choose your body type and pronouns (and everyone just accepts it) sounds just wonderful. Iā€™d like what chromie had please!

7 Likes

I dig it. Kinda bummed someone I follow on tumblr isnā€™t too fond of it even if theyā€™re lgbt. But I get their reasons.

Itā€™s just a ā€œAw I wanted to be hyped togetherā€ thing. Itā€™ll pass

2 Likes

I do gotta say tho the whole dragon thing is reminding me how folks said ā€œWrathion walked into Stormwind with a ā€œThe hrt kicked in LOOK AT MEā€ attitudeā€ and its making me giggle

4 Likes

Feel free to go back out again.

Can we just politely point out other real life issues in wow and suggest Hello Kitty Island Adventure to people who complain about not wanting rEaL lIfE iSsUeS iN tHeIr GaMeS.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never been more disappointed in a game than hello kitty adventure Island

I was expecting this game where you running around the place and do little missions for the cast, but it was just a generic dress up game

I did that. They are able to separate the game from all of those issues. For some reason, this is the one they get hung up on. Some reason indeed.

1 Like

I just think of a bit from The McElroys aka why I kinda got hooked on Vengabus for awhiile

The idea of vengabus just getting louder and louder reminds me of when we first sorta bonded on the forums lol. I remember the joke of ā€œThereā€™s this many genders and when people complain we add one moreā€

Iā€™m just in one of my sorta depressed ā€œLets watch bojack horsemanā€ moods. Iā€™m safe Iā€™m not at any risk of harm or anything. Sometimes I just get in the mindset to watch that show. Itā€™s both comforting and a smack of reality, ya know?

1 Like