LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

“Eat, Breath, and Move, every day of your life. Wise words I learned, that have helped me keep the weight off.”

2 Likes

your framing of the issue is pretty miserable, but i’ll ignore it to say that there is literally a wikipedia article detailing the federal bills and state police reform measures that have either been enacted or are being introduced right now

the stonewall riots, the protests leading up to the americans with disabilities act, everything to do with MLK, the women’s suffrage parade, the triangle shirtwaist fire protests, everything to do with the bonus army, the boston tea party, if we want to go international there’s the storming of the bastille, tiananmen square, the protestant reformation, the berlin wall, the orange revolution, and so so many more

7 Likes

Ah got you. High protein foods are always good and walks etc are always good too.

It’s Freaks by Tommy Trumpet. It’s very dance club type music.

I mean, some folks have fixed income and get discounted internet because of it. However, you can also get a decent phone for like 40 dollars plus lifeline service from places like assurance wireless for free. The cheapest Mint plans are not bad either.

1 Like

Yeah ignore that I forgot to try and keep some sunbreak spoilers out

oh MY GOD this multiplayer hunt I stg

SOMEONE has crappy internet and now I feel like I’m fighting King Crimson

Just imagine a big metal dragon rubberbanding all over the place.

Can I join this discord?

2 Likes

Yeah yeah. Add me to battlenet or discord, Zandrae#1418 and I’ll send you an invite.

I can’t see rats without instantly thinking of

2 Likes

Thinking of giant rodents, the guy who runs a rescue farm got a pair of young capybara.

I’m bored of the capybara arc personally and am ready for more of the baby ratite arch. He had 4 baby rhea hatch in one day. Four. He also has slightly more grown up rhea, emu, and ostrich babies, most of whom were rescued with splayed legs and curled toes and he’s rehabilitated them.

Would you say this rescue farm is… urban?

1 Like

It’s somewhat urban. And a ranch with a kangaroo. In Texas. I want to see said roo wearing a cowboy hat. It would be the most Texas thing ever.

Anyway here’s the two chonks I mentioned back when they were widdle babies. ( Still wish that malthael jacket fit me better nowadays )

Easy way for a rat to warm up to you. Lots and lots of snacks when they’re around you lol

1 Like

I do admit, I am often thinking about these issues these days.

When gay marriage became legal, it wasn’t a big issue on my mind, but as I explained when I got close to a transgender person, I’m glad that it was legal, as I didn’t expect myself to be drawn to them in that way.

But I am shocked at the amount of homophobic insults I’ve had to put up with, even if I consider myself mostly straight. Just because at one point in my life, I was close to someone who was a little bit different? Interestingly, that person was actually quite conservative in many of their views, they believed lockdowns were bad for the economy, and so on.

What I find most disappointing is how overly sexualized a lot of trans/gay people are, there seems to be this underlying belief in the community that trans people are just something that you want to ‘try out’ in some kind of sexual sense, as if that’s all it’s about, rather than embracing these people as the unique beautiful individuals they are…

Sometimes you just have to let everyone be whoever they want to be.

3 Likes

My way of coping with it is thinking of it in terms of scale. Yeah it’s kind of annoying/uncomfortable being fetishized. They’re a bit off on appropriate social skills and mindset, but on the other hand they’re at least interested in co-existing / getting along to some degree. Which is a major step up from the people saying horrible phobic things about me and advocating for political violence against me. The people who fetishize me are a lot closer to being respectable associates/friends. Sometimes all they need are some boundaries communicated to them and a guiding hand to sorta give them a nudge away from uncomfortable behaviors.

I find it comforting to think of it like that anyway.

1 Like

So last night I made an outfit in Marvelous Designer that is a riff on the prophecy outfit so one of my characters could wear it.

I have a lot of work to do on it.

1 Like

I agree with much of what you said. The bigotry that flies around from certain groups is terrible. I believe most of it is fear based.

There is one thing I’d like to point out, many straight people are just as highly sexualized as gays and trans. I say “highly” rather than “overly” because that too is a choice.

2 Likes

I’ve learned that the internet will manage to fetishize anything. The ol’ “rule 34” thing. There are people out there that get off to Aliens and trees so that doesn’t surprise me.

People will insult something they don’t understand instead of trying to be accepting. Why? It’s unknown to them so they bash it.

Pretty much. I go with if it doesn’t involve animals, under the legal age, no consent, and / or relatives, then it’s fine.

It’s fear. People hate what they fear. I believe that to be the basis of most bigotry and in the case of bigotry against LGBT that fear is even more intense.