LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

One time years ago I was hanging out with some friends, some of whom were gay. One of the guys said “Hey, let’s go out on Storrow Drive and block traffic”. Storrow Drive is a major Boston commuter route which manages to get itself clogged at rush hour without any help from protestors.

I told him that’s a great idea but offered a suggestion. I said dress like a blue color worker (not that all blue color workers are anti gay) and carry signs calling gay people bad names and advocating gay bashing.

He looked surprised.

I said look, if you block traffic on Storrow Drive at rush hour, everyone will hate you and they will hate what ever you stand for. They would hate motherhood and apple pie if that was your cause.

He got the point. They stayed away from Storrow Drive.

By the way, Storrow Drive is closed today anyway because of the 4th of July concert on the Esplanade, not that it has anything to do with this story.

ugh, so no rest for you today

1 Like

Nope lol but I got all my classwork done and I’m going to head to walmart in a bit to get some beetle traps too.

I need to pick up a singular can of beer too in order to deal with slugs. You drink half then set the other half out to catch slugs. They fall in and can’t get out lol Not a big beer person though xD

1 Like

Dang, so there is a valid use for Pabst Blue Ribbon :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL yep! xD haha

2 Likes

There is a reason why I have a rule not to talk about the subject with people I don’t know, especially online. People can’t play nice, and it ruins relationships.

3 Likes

Would not have expected :rofl:

I did sneak over to a bbq, but been using the quiet to catch up on chores

1 Like

You hit the nail right on the head there Alice. Spot on!

Hey there you go. Yeah my house is a MESS and I gotta clean up so much stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, the last few months were a bit of a stresser. So kind of happy for that quiet moment :smiley:

1 Like

Always good to admire the quiet.

Lets you hear the birdies :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I found a new gif that I like a few days ago.

3 Likes

omgosh yes. Just sitting outside, cup of tea in hand - closed my eyes a couple of times just to hear them sing :smiley:

Beats a work confrence call easy :smiley:

1 Like

Oh for sure! =) I think a bird made a nest in the gutter at my house though so I gotta figure out a solution to that.

1 Like

Oh the bunnies are starting to take over my yard.

1 Like

ooo that expression - that’s meee after a couple of hours of mindless call :smiley:

OH solution to bunnies and I know this sounds odd. Bunnies are smell oriented.

Go to your local walmart and go to the hunting section and pick up either coyote, fox, or any kind of predator urine. Put that in a spray bottle and spray that around your garden. You can dilute it.

No more bunnies.

Also old cat litter works too if you spread it around and water it so it goes into the soil. Bunnies don’t like cats.

1 Like

Oh I forgot to mention too Irish Spring soap keeps out bunnies and well, pretty much all kinds of stuff. Mice… you name it.

Has to be the green irish spring soap the original. Stuff stinks BUT it keeps everything out and the soap if it gets on bugs breaks down their exoskeletons. Just take it and cut it into chunks and toss around the outside of your garden.

Ba this was supposed to be an edit.

1 Like

Jokes on those guys. Mods sometimes temp lock the thread to tidy things up

1 Like

True but either way.