2 Likes
4 Likes

Baker Street

2 Likes

“I LOVE this song, but can never remember what it’s called. THANK YOU!!!”
/happy hug
/dance

1 Like

No problem haha I know that feeling too well. Think this was one as well as https://youtu.be/KdPfy1Khjpg
I cant wait by nu shooz, always remembered the beat never anything else haha. Glade to bring the music to ones needing that uplift.

I hate forgetting great songs.

2 Likes

“I get the feeling we are close to the same age.”
/giggle
/dance

The music I like. (I am not a listning to lyrics person)

1 Like

My taste in music are of the 70s and 80s I’m hitting 35 this month.

Hehe I think we just have good musical tastes. I could listen to 70 and 80s soul and pop rock all day long.

1 Like

“64 here. Born in 1957.”
/smile

1 Like

instrumental music is good music

2 Likes

I love to sing with the songs. You honestly sound alot like my partner with music haha hes all about just the sound no lyrics. More synth and techno.
He just introduced me to this artist makes instrumental horror style music.
Its pretty good too. King Stephen I belive.

Bloodmoon on this ones so good hahah

1 Like

“I like both. Being a Poet, I can appreciate the lyrics.”

2 Likes

1987 for me. Right near the end of the 80s but I’m all for that time. The culture and music looked like fun lol

4 Likes

That is because it is the exact same as today.

I graduated from High School in 1985; music has not changed one bit. I find that really strange.

Tonight, at work, the Muzac was playing contemporary songs but also some stuff like the Thompson Twins from about 1986. No one else working knew that song was from 1986, it blended right in.

That would be the same as if in 1985 Muzac was playing, at a store, and a 1951 one song like “Come on-a My House” by Rosemary Clooney came on. I can tell you right now that it would have not “blended right in.” Other hit songs, of 1951, were things like “Be my Love” by Mario Lanza.

The one benefit is that I like all the music of today. It is the same music. It is like we were frozen in time. Nothing is “new.” Some young people are playing “electronic” or “techno” music, I think “Oh yeah, Thomas Dolby with synthesizers from the 1980’s.”

The only real marked difference, between 1985 and today, were the hair and the fashions; so if you watch a movie from 1985 it is kind of funny, ladies have the big “oversprayed” hair and guys have these cheesy “parted in the middle” haircuts.

That was one of the reasons I was really impressed with the film “Blade Runner” (1982, wow, I saw that in the theater :wink: ), it still holds up because they went the smart way of having Harrison Ford/other guys with “timeless” really short haircuts. Meanwhile, Rachael (Sean Young) had some 1930’s/1940’s hairstyle.

2 Likes

One of the things that I’m having fun seeing is the prevalence of car shows centered around the 80’s and 90’s. I grew up in the 80’s and my dad took me to car shows and they were all stuff from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s and a lot of the music that was played came from that era. People would even dress up in period clothes. Now I’m seeing people my age, I was born in '76, and younger having a fun going to shows centered on the cars they grew up with and loved. On a side note, it is a bit disconcerting to see what some of those cars from the 80’s and 90’s are going for today. I guess that’s what it must have been like when 60’s muscle cars started going for 6 digit figures. :sweat_smile:

If this show is ever in your neck of the woods, and you like cars, definitely give it a look. :grinning:

Oh!! Because I can’t help myself. Have any of you ever seen, or heard of, Rad? It was a BMX movie from the 80’s and featured a young Aunt Becky, Laurie Loughlin. lol I got to see it in the theater a few months ago and it was a blast. I was happy to see quite a few people in the theater and many came with their kids. Here’s the “dance scene” featuring Real Life’s “Send me an Angel”. This was peak 80’s. :laughing:

1 Like

New quest you get given by your succubus/incubus when you first summon them on the PTR implies sayaad are all genderfluid and able to match whatever your desires are, which is neat.

4 Likes