LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

“The thought is appreciated.”
/hugs

I get you. I used to have this thinking that most people would just hurt or judge me, but something that helped me was understanding that most people experience the same range of emotions as myself. The same fear, sadness, anger, excitement, etc…

Knowing that there was probably a moment in our lives where we laughed about something, or loved and missed someone, makes it easier to connect to people because it kinda switches my brain into thinking “there’s definitely some feeling or experience we shared at different points in time,” instead of feeling like I have to hide from them.

In a way it’s like that scene in the Prisoner of Azkaban where facing the thing you’re most afraid off will it transform it into a funny/happy object.

“Every time something evil happened to me, I was alone, out there. I refuse to go alone any more.”

2 Likes

We gonno set up the Protekt Cyndi at all costs Squad now

1 Like

Take an Eat Me cookie if you need to be taller for the protection.

2 Likes

This popped up in my recommended. I love psychonauts so I figured some fellow anxious folks like myself will like this. I’m watching it now

Oh and don’t worry. Psychonauts may show mental health stuff but they never mock it. Nor is it like “Oh lets instantly cure them”. It just shows what stuff feels like. ( Also cmon its got Jack Black in it. )

1 Like

“I’ll check it out a bit later. Watching TMNT 3 right now.”

All good. I’m on away for the weekend with my mom. She’s needed to get away. Especially since the other day her car was totaled. It’s crazy. Some guy decided to drive beyond their skill and smashed into not only her car but mine as well. Not looking forward to car shopping with my parents.:scream: Especially in this market.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Sorry to hear about the bad weather and it’s effect on your arthritis. Too much rain can be a downer on your happiness as well. I live in South Florida, so it’s a lot of sunshine and hot muggy weather.:hot_face: Sending you positive happy thoughts your way.:blush:

1 Like

I finally skimmed through this month’s gameinformer magazine. I found a pokemon 25th anniversary poster inside.

I haven’t gotten a poster in a magazine since the long discontinued Warcrft magazine. (I still have the firelands poster up in my room. It is really cool looking)

2 Likes

Reminds me of how I always wanted a specific resident evil 4 poster stores in the mall would have back then. But I couldn’t get it because it shows Leon Kennedy getting attacked by a chainsaw. Grandma would have thrown a fit -_-

1 Like

Ohhh thats awesome.

I subscribe to Nintendo Force…but havent read one in a while. I wonder if they still give posters…I should open these…

I miss getting random goodies when you buy a physical copy of a game. Like neat lore in the instruction manual or maps

3 Likes

Warcraft 2 instruction manual is proably one of my fav as it not only told you how to play but it had a lot of story and a bunch of unique warcraft art that is much darker than it is now adays.

1 Like

Man some of that old art looks BAD lol. There’s one of Alleria and she’s got some strong chin game going on

1 Like

“Time for some Holiday Cheer!!!”

/giggle
/dance

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing, Cyndilou

/dances with Cyndilou :blush:

Here’s my selection. Burl Ives will always make be think of Christmas and a simpler time when I was a kid.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a happy holiday! :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

“You are quite welcome. I couldn’t let my friends fall into the emptiness. Some joy was needed.”
/grin
/dance

4 Likes

It’s definitely easy to fall into that during this time of year. We all deserve joy and happiness and it’s nice when it happens randomly. This is the 2nd year in a row where I don’t feel totally overwhelmed by the holidays. The upcoming car shopping for my mom might drive me nuts, however. lol

4 Likes

“I’d rather shop FOR my Mom, than WITH my Mom.”
/giggle

4 Likes

4 Likes