LGBT+ in-game community

I think Blizzard should add a community group using the guild finder for the LGBT community. Too many times have I applied and joined LGBT friendly communities that are full of trolls and those looking to spread hateful messages against LGBT players. I’d like to purpose that Blizzard add a moderated LGBT friendly community into the game that anyone can join.

Having a well moderated LGBT+ community would make it so those players who wish to join and communicate in the channel would be safe from prejudice and hateful discrimination. It’s similar to a safe-space that you would find in many communities and universities, etc… There’s just not a lot of ways for communities like LGBT to join simply because of the amount of trolling and those who join just to be hateful towards certain communities.

Please consider this Blizzard. Communities are player-driven and having a well moderated community of Blizzard employees or staff, similar to the forums would make a safe-space for those who wish to communicate in-game. Player moderation can only go so far and most of the times, it fails. Please create LGBT+ channels in-game for those who wish to join and create a safe environment!

7 Likes

Can we please stop making these threads when several already exist

We all know how it’s going to turn out

73 Likes

They made the community tool for players to use.

If you want a LGBT friendly community then go make one.

62 Likes

sighs and disperses popcorn for those just here to watch the arguments fly

11 Likes

Those are the only type this poster makes.

22 Likes

Would you support adding a community group using the guild finder for the Christian community?

17 Likes

Yea I know :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m more interested in a Blizzard moderated LGBT community. I think this would be a great idea to create a safe environment without trolls and those who discriminate. Too many times are the current LGBT communities trolled and not moderated, making the experience far from perfect.

If you make a community you can moderate it yourself.

I know that you’re just here to troll endlessly on this topic so I don’t know why I’m pretending this a real conversation, but here we are.

32 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to make your own group to make what you want Blizzard to do OP? That way you’d be in control of your group.

1 Like

I’d prefer Blizzard had moderated channels over player moderators. Player moderators are far from perfect and aren’t as dedicated. For a safe environment, Blizzard could do much better moderating with staff.

This can also apply to many different communities including LGBT+!

These forums are a perfect example of how much better Blizzard can moderate stuff. Very good idea.

15 Likes

I personally wouldn’t mind. I think any communities with enough support should be added and moderated by Blizzard.

1 Like

Now I know you’re trolling lol

9 Likes

I don’t think so. The many communities I’ve joined have had trolls join and it was unpleasant to be in there. Having dedicated Blizzard moderators could make it so that does not happen in a official moderated channel. I’d also like to stream-line the community into a few mega communities. There’s just too many different rules/expectations and unqualified moderators in every channel I’ve joined.

While I am not against the idea conceptually, the fact is Blizzard does not have the resources for such a thing.

Fortunately you have to tools to create and even moderate such a community yourself. This ensures that you create the very community you desire and can maintain its population/membership as you see fit i.e. rooting out trolls and hateful language.

4 Likes

You’d have to think that due to the average age here…that most people must be fairly socially liberal. Is this a real problem?

Oh, and at the same time they should moderate a community of nothing but sarcasm and insults. The moment you say something nice you’re out of there.

Then add a community for the shy people. A place where no one hardly says anything. Don’t you dare get boisterous, can’t put up with that nonsense.

Next is the community for those that actually believe they are vampires. No place for imitators or activity during the day.

I will think of more, thanks for the idea, we need more special communities, no reason humans should just get along.

3 Likes

Many people on the forums can’t accept LGBT for some odd reason. It happens in-game as well. Most of them are trolls and homophobic unfortunately. Adding more safe-spaces in game and the community can help reduce those types of players.

1 Like

I want to bite but it’s like somepeoplejustdontgetit

ifyougetityougetit

ifyoudontyoudont

1 Like