LFR N'zoth

This expansion could really use some ALT friendliness. First it was the neck, than it was the essences, and now it’s the cloak. I’ve done it on my main, done it on a few more alts, but to truly think we are going to put that same amount of time into every single alt is simply madness.

3 Likes

It’s really entertaining to watch from the perspective of “I’ve done this on H”. I remember when I was learning it too though so I understand. It’s a tough fight to coordinate but I enjoy it a lot. This whole raid is really good to me :slight_smile: The bosses have good mechanics imo.

People are mentioning Durumu and I so vaguely remember that boss. I had a potato PC back then and literally just couldn’t see the maze mess on the ground. Good/bad times.

50% damage only to fall behind on adds to get overwhelmed.

no amount of dps can carry the fight when it’s a fight based on personal responsibility

except it wasnt the case if you did the azerite quest on 8.2 you would get up to lvl 30 neck but if you do it now apparently you get lvl 50… what a difference it’s like a 20k AP grind.

Right, there were catch up mechanics added later to help. Such as one week I was getting the neck boosted to level 35, and the next it was 50. However, in this case, there are no more patches coming for BFA. Patch 8.3.5 was scratched, and thus there will be no “catch up” mechanic for the cloak (and let’s not get started about essences). As I already said, I’ve done it a few times, but it’s a slog of a quest line (vs it only takes a few minutes to boost the neck to 50), and after a few times, it doesn’t become easier or faster. LFR has always had an iLvL requirement, but this is a first as far as I can remember, and was not the path I expected Blizzard to take. But what’s done is done, time to move on. Hopefully Shadowlands will be a bit more alt friendly. I enjoyed Legion, BFA? It’s had it’s moments.

People still wont use the necklace

Glad didn’t totally ham hand the hot fix. Also, glad to have a new low bar for how bad lfr players actually are

Imagine having to design for these people

1 Like

I zoned into 3 separate groups yesterday, all of which had 10x determination when I joined. I aborted out of two after ~10 attempts on both, and then finally the 3rd go through on about the 8th or 9th. It was pretty rough, ngl. Not standing in puddles, standing next to your buddy, general paying attention is hard…

anyone got into nzoth after tonights hotfixes?

It’s a bit concerning you didn’t think to have it like that at launch of the lfr.

Always assume players are being dumb or trolls. It helps.

That is what LFR needs back. Personal responsibility, no more being able to just sit back and do very little, its time for LFR players to step up a bit.

Forgetting LFR Argus? I had three groups go to 10 stacks on him.

1 Like

that was because people just afk dps and the boss enraged… this is a complete different thing… it’s people unaware of personal responsibility mechanics even having the max 50% damage it’s not doing them any favour if they get mind controlled this fight is far more difficult than argus only due the sanity mechanic.

Nah mate plenty of people, especially old school Vanilla players, would rather wait for the boss kill in the raid to get the cinematic so they don’t watch it on youtube.
I myself either get into normal or heroic groups and if I can’t be bothered then I do LFR.
example of can’t be bothered was the lame story telling of the intro to BfD that made absolutely zero sense. I just wasn’t feeling it with all Blizzard promised from the expansion and it was absolute time gated BS slot machine gameplay and then the Alliance who are clearly getting their butts handed to them both lore wise and in world PvP 99% of the time just have such a huge “win”. The storytelling was just wack dude.
Couldn’t be bothered. Hell even when I found out part of the raid I would have to play as a filthy and cringy as hell Alliance, I never watched the youtube videos because I didn’t want at least that feeling of wonder I have felt since the beginning, to be lost…
Turns out there wasn’t any I could have just watched the videos…but hey, I got a mount for completing the war campaign…so there is that I guess.

The fact they attach gear rewards to the raid and that it has a lockout, proves the LFR system was never about “just letting people enjoy the story” it was about getting people who would otherwise not raid, to participate in the content by dangling a reward, so they could justify making a raid every patch.

The lfr rewards aren’t really good enough to get people to raid that normally wouldn’t, unless you are referring to the most casual of all gamers. (I am guessing that is what you meant) The rewards are below even the most basic mythic plus rewards and anyone can do a +2 of any dungeon in time even if they can’t play their class/spec.
The whole aspect of a lockout is just to keep guilds from queuing in small groups and spamming lfr for loot to DE.
It also gave people a taste of what raiding could be (or at least that was the intention) to try and get them to guild up and go for harder content to see what it is like with people that are organized.
The gear itself is simply so someone gets a piece of gear that would be great if it wasn’t such a downgrade and desire the higher item level version and move up.
Fact is, unless you are on an alt that is an item level from the beginning of the expansion the gear from lfr is virtually worthless. (with the exception of a few BiS trinkets for certain classes this expansion.)

Pretty sure a while ago Blizzard stated that the majority of players don’t raid.

I haven’t done any LFR or raids since Nighthold (slight lie, I did 2 bosses I think of one wing of BoD for a recipe) but if LFRs are taking 1+ hours I’ll scratch those off my list too :rofl:

Depends on the LFR, some are quick…and some are not beatable like N’Zoth because people refuse to understand it.

Every patch absolutely needs a raid and preferably a new dungeon as well. Its essential to a PvE mmo.