LFR (Looking for Raid) , good or bad

Having experienced the original Cataclysm at all levels of gameplay, my stance on LFR is that it was a determent to the community and game in the long term, although I can see the original intention of LFR was to show/experience the majority of the player base the raids, in the end it simply catered to the “why should I try when I get free loot mentality.”

The Devs said eventually in MOP that LFR wasn’t how they wanted it to play out and instead wanted something more akin to scenarios in MOP, but ultimately the damage was done.

So will cata feature LFR, should it?

1 Like

it was the worst implementation possible, and single-handedly eroded the playerbase with an eternal skillgap.

it’s a NO from me, dawg.

8 Likes

For me, a non-raider in general, it was a way for me to see the story bits I’d otherwise miss without a commitment of several hours a week; past that I didn’t really care unless I had a reason to bother with it, usually because I wanted an upgrade that dungeons wouldn’t give me…but I’ve seen the story bits already, so whether it exists or not doesn’t mean much to me.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

If I was to ever re-implement LFR into Classic, I’d probably consider the following changes:

• Remove tier set/bonuses from LFR sets.
  • Make ilvl gap between LFR and Normal larger.
7 Likes

Says the person that wants to nerf Paletress because she’s too hard.

The only thing LFR should be is a tool for putting groups together, regardless of the raid or difficulty; like RDF and every single dungeon from reg to gamma.

Players like the druid above are purposefully manipulating the casual player-bases like cattle for their own self-serving purposes.

lol

Wait. Hang on. So, you want to have the entire LFR concept to be removed. Entirely. Where as I want to retain LFR just in the way that won’t pressure raiders into LFR for tier. And yet i’m the bad guy?

The troll above also thinks that pumping 7k HPS and boss that’s doing 15k Smites with 0.8s cast time 5 times back to back is good balancing.

lmao im dead. boy doesn’t even play the game and thinks he knows best.

5 Likes

Way to take everything I said out of context like the liar you are.

You’re the same kind of gaslighting garbage as that rogue.

Perfect example of your gaslighting garbage; and, I’m not the one crying on the forums about how hard paletress is…

You who made fun of me for not dealing with mirror images is suddenly the spokesperson on what proper healing is?

My only request if they insist on implementing LFR is that they remove the LFR tier.

3 Likes

Loot for ree rees can go the same way as the dodo.

1 Like

All I remember was that LFR was pain. And it took longer then it needed to. I think Cata will feature LFR as for should it is an entirely different question. When you consider how fast a kill is on 10 man as opposed to 40 its absurd really. Even 25 is that much more bearable then spending 20-30 min on one boss mashing buttons.

To the new players thou LFR will be a thrill so … I think yes Cata should feature it despite what LFR is. But its such a long raid on 40 man so hopefully people get the experience they want, and or expect.

1 Like

You guys can watch the story on YouTube

You should have to beat the content to see it while playing the game ( I know this is a controversial opinion)

Also I think bad players are just allergic to YouTube because if you watch the “how to” and click a few videos you could just clear the raids on normal mode…

3 Likes

I love boomers. You’re so cute.

Oh yeah, that boss is hard. And I can still heal it. I do it every single day. Well, more like 9/10 days because 1/10 I get Edric or whatever his name is.

But because I can do it, doesn’t mean it’s well balanced. So yeah, I think it needs to be nerfed so that a wider ranger of healers and comps can do that boss without any struggles.

Not everyone has 7+ years of being main healer experience. Not everyone has the gear I have. I want others to be able to do it as well.

Unlike you, I’m a big advocate for accessibility. And you don’t seem to like i. You love exclusivity. And you don’t seem to play your game based off of your comments.

Off you go now.

1 Like

Please for the love of everyone, I ask everyone not to make 100K separate posts about this with rolling alts all pretending to be someone new.

When DS patch rolls out, get ready for “BRING LFR” spamz by zero post count level 31 warlocks and level 12 rogues.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t finish the quests that require doing something in a raid, though, like the various ones in Legion regarding Illidan.

You’re still beating it in LFR, just not in the way the gatekeepers want you to do it.

For one reason or another, I can’t focus on something that mentally-intense for hours at a time; during TBC I could barely get through a run of Kara, much less something with longer boss fights.

:point_up_2:

1 Like

Strongly disagree

We shouldn’t change the whole video game for a few individuals to have access to something.

Maybe there should be a mode for you guys who can’t focus but not LFR it’s a terrible idea

1 Like

For whom LFR designed for is, its good.

5 Likes

…The entire game isn’t being changed. One aspect of it gets toned down and simplified so players don’t need to make anywhere near as much of a time/effort investment to do one part of the game.

It’s essentially the inverse of Mythic Dungeons, but with more butthurt gatekeepers whinging about it.

2 Likes

Id delete lfr with a smile on my face :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like