LFR in 9.0

Nope. Screw off. If you don’t like LFR…don’t do it. Don’t take things from people.

11 Likes

No it doesn’t. It’s fine. If you don’t like LFR don’t do LFR.

8 Likes

So let me get this straight. One of the biggest complaints of the anti-lfr community is: its not social (25 random people).

So your solution, instead of clicking a button and auto queueing with 25 strangers to do a raid. Is to click a button and queue with 10-25 strangers to do a raid.

How exactly is that any different?

Also let me as you this: if i have no intention of being part of a raiding guild, im not taking your raid slots, and im in general not doing anything beyone LFR. How foes LFR existing effect you in anyway shape or form?

Is it because i have purple gear too? Is it because i got experience the raid for my self not througj a video and that some how makes your experience lessened?

Im sorry me having cleared lfr at my leasure hurts your ego. But that is not reason to remove it. LFF is here to stay and working just fine. Deal with it.

19 Likes

Story content is not a reward.

If seeing the story was the only purpose for LFR, then it would have been created as a story mode with NPC’s playing the other roles.

3 Likes

My LFR hero gear, REEEEEE!

But isn’t that exactly why Blizzard made it in the first place?

1 Like

LFR is ez mode raiding for people who want to do the raid in ez mode.

If they intended people to do LFR only once to see the story, it would not be repeatable.

6 Likes

In normal difficulty some mechanics need to be adheared to. Thus leads to conversion and people actually having to read what is written.
Lfr is a 25 man zerg with no leadership, tactics, brain power or communication required.

I want there to be more normal level raiders. This exposes more people to what raids are actually like and some (probably not many but some) are likely to want more of it. That makes more heroic level raiders which makes more mythic raiders for me to group with. A raising tide raises all ships.

Couldn’t care less what gear you have unless you are going to be in my raid team and then we need to get you gear in every slot so that loot is tradeable to where it have the biggest impact on the raid.

Again I couldn’t care less unless we are going to be raiding together. I just want there to be more people to raid with. I want more competition for raid spots not less.

2 Likes

That…doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes

LFR was originally intended to be a raid difficulty. Then I think once Blizzard saw that LFR players refused to do mechanics in fights like LFR Nazgrim, they just turned the fights in to target dummies with boss models.

4 Likes

The idea that people who do LFR never wipe is a curious one that suggests you have never done LFR but are merely repeating what you have read here.

If LFR was always a one shot they would not have created determination.

LFR has to be easier because although a leader is needed to do a raid, there is no provision for assuring that each group has one.

People who wish to do normal raiding already have the opportunity to do it. People who don’t want to do normal raiding can’t be forced to do it against their will.

LFR was never meant to be a learning tool.

LOL. No you wouldn’t. You’d look at that undergeared player who doesn’t even have access to LFR, and refuse to take them into your raid.

Removing LFR or making it impossible for randoms to complete would mean fewer people to raid with in the long run.

The fact is that a lot of people who do LFR are slow learners who don’t belong in your higher level raiding. Many need many tries to get it down. Mistaking being a slow learner with “refusing to do it right the first time” merely shows your attitude toward those you view as lesser mortals.

8 Likes

I agree, but I also kind of want a story mode, to be honest. Especially if they’re going to continue doing things like locking the Wrathion quest chain behind completing the raid. I would like to continue the storyline, but my raiding alt hasn’t finished the war campaign and I don’t raid on the character who’s been doing the world content, so no quest chain for me. I would much rather run this guy through story mode than through LFR.

1 Like

That was literally the reason they implemented LFR. lol

2 Likes

Idk if I said never wipe. I would agree with Seldom wipe without a mechanic like insta dying at 10 stacks on orgazoa or not received no healing because you didn’t get the puffer buff. Ya know. The things that determination stacks won’t make a difference for. All they do is increase the dps of the people who do the mechanics anyway.

The opportunity but very few incentives.

Dam right I would. Why should I take them into mythic?
I’d you mean a normal level raid then yea I would take them if they were appropriately geared. Eg not a fresh 120 but had put in the minuscule amount of work it takes to gear in this game. Couple of keys. May e an emmessary or two along with base benthic gear.

I think it would do the opposite now that we have the lfg tool. Signing up to groups is incredibly easy

If seeing the story once was the only reason for implementing LFR, it would be non-repeatable.

1 Like

I disagree, I think the average player in LFR is not a bad player at all, they just don’t care and they don’t try. LFR has taught people that the boss will eventually die no matter how much effort you put in. So people go in and they don’t try. You get the “go it’s just LFR” all the time even if the group has less than 25 people. This did not happen in the original LFR in DS.

2 Likes

I’m going to go ahead and believe what the developers said verses what some random off the forum said.

1 Like

Some of the most satisfying moments of mop is trying to guide a raid through those bosses.

To top it off, any time they actually do have to do something people claim it needs to be nerfed. This happened with G’huun, KJ, and Uu’nat in the recent years. We’ve had fights in LFR where the boss wasn’t even present and people were fine with it.

That would work well. They get 400 gear. I’m sure the rest of can live with that.