LFG tool feedback

I tried it for a bit as a level 65 healer riding the DK wave in dungeons healing them and here is the results.

It was nearly impossible to get decent invites. I would post myself and get invited but the group would be trash… for instance there would be level 70’s in the group running ramps and I would have a prolonged discussion explaining that we wont get exp in ramps with a 70 in there… so I decided I needed to start forming groups…

WELL THAT SUCKED LOL

I put together groups but people would queue up for the wrong assignment. I had one group we got all the way out to the instance… summoned… and when we got in one guy randomly left because he queud for other dungeons and didn’t actually want to do that one.

Another one the tank left and the group fell apart.

The next one we get in and find out the other guy was a healer too and queud as dps by accident.

At that point I gave up and sat in Shatt queuing for BG’s to level. Got 2 levels last night sitting in the city not talking to anyone.

Thanks Blizz for the great social experience!

TLDR: Add RDF back in the game and stop punishing the majority.

29 Likes

Also, the “Role” thing on your talents KEEPS auto-defaulting to DPS when you log out.
So I keep putting “Healer” every single time I do LFG because it doesn’t save the role.
The actual LFG thing does the same thing, so putting the “Role” text twice is redundant.
Crap is so bad man lmao.

5 Likes

RDF provides a better social experience anyway imo, whenever I’ve grouped with randoms through /4 nobody talks regardless

6 Likes

Tool is hot garbage, if they refuse to add RDF at least give the retail lfg tool that works

10 Likes

You’d have had way more social interactions using RDF.

2 Likes

https://www.pcgamer.com/wrath-of-the-lich-king-classics-new-group-finder-tool-is-a-mess/

:rofl:

13 Likes

Fact of the matter is, RDF has a lot of the same bad behavior and other bad behavior.

I would love to have RDF, BUT its not here, so we really need to supply quality solutions to the LFG tool rather than gripe about our poop experience.

Man it sucks blizzard has 0 competition, because quite honestly they dont deserve to exist as a comapany anymore

2 Likes

Sorry but this is complete BS. I don’t need to provide the vendor with ideas to solve a problem that they created. I am a paying customer, they should be willing to hear their customers complaints and adjust what they are doing accordingly. Only people with very little business sense would even suggest something like that.

Well, your experience has been quite different from mine, but I’m on a fresh server, so there aren’t a bunch of level 70s queuing for low level dungeons.

One thing that I have noticed is a lot of people just toss out an invite, and don’t even mention which instance it is for. Personally, I whisper someone first with something like, “Want to DPS SM GY?”

That may be helpful in resolving some of your problems.

I would have already transitioned to a private server but my best friend is flying out and we are going to nerd out during the release… I am hoping that by the time that is over… the initial buzz has worn off… that RDF will be back.

I did although slightly abbreviated to “DPS SP?” or “Tank Ramps?”

1 Like

Yeah, that should be fine, unless there are language issues. Anyway, it’s too bad you had such bad luck with people in your groups.

That just shows how different two people’s experiences can be with the same things! Almost every group I’ve joined has stuck together and run multiple instances back to back.

I would have LOVED to join a fresh server and level new characters… but my dumb best friend refuses to… says he has put too much work to start over. I bet the Fresh servers have a sweet wave of good dudes running instances… as I am sure when Wrath launches we will similarly see a wave of people running the 70+ content for a few weeks.

I am concerned what happens after that.

2 Likes

Yeah, we don’t know what we don’t know at this point, but it’s a fun ride right now.

I’ve definitely questioned my decision to go from well over 10K gold, epic flying and maxed professions to barely scraping enough gold together to afford most of my skill upgrades as I level, but we’ve got a great guild community, and I’m still having fun so far!

ITT, OP doesn’t know how to form dungeons groups and then blames Blizzard.

1 Like

Someone didn’t read the op.

i have at least come to the understanding and accepted that RDF dream is dead man… You need to get over it.

Second, if you don’t provide practical feedback then you’re not contributing to the solution, and watering down the efforts of those who do.

1 Like

I actually don’t have to get over it… so no.

I am contributing to the solution, which obviously is RDF… sorry if I was not clear on that.

oh wait… looking back I was you just have to read to the bottom.

5 Likes

How long have you been playing Blizzard games that you have not figured out yet that they’re irrationally stubborn on dumb stuff like this.?

26 years… they are super stubborn/slow but they typically eventually reverse incredibly asinine decisions… so I am hopeful… but it might take awhile.