LFG Addon - an extensive look (it’s very bad!)

That does not answer my question. It broadcasts this information for the person using the addon, or it somehow grabs it from anyone they group with, with that person no having the addon?

That I don’t know Narya.

i hope your right but i lost faith on blizzard , and to be honest i dont really believe blizzard want classic to succeed on the long run , because this will expose so many wrong design decision for retail and after so much trouble to redesign retail , so i believe classic is there shut down the classic request , and the game will be sabotage , the best prove blizzard can not come here and take 5 min to post this type of mob is not allow and will be ban

1 Like

yep, I fully expect to probably let down. But until we know I have to fight I guess. If they break Classic with stuff like this I ain’t hanging around.

1 Like

Ok so its worse…

They finally got enough people to silence our nearly 3k post thread.

keep up the good work

and keep these threads at the top!

2 Likes

Hypothetically - why aren’t you in a guild?

Oh wait, we know why.

I think the Devs have noticed. IMO they will be forced to break this add on due to a total divide in the community and the backlash yet to come when the masses that do not follow the add ons log into game. These classic players that have not played in years, quit because of the LFG and other add ons years ago, log in and see a looking for group add on. If not visible, they will know soon. It will be bad for blizzard and for subs.

1 Like

woot twitter is on fire hating this add on lol

1 Like

It isn’t just the top post that gets flagged to lock a thread, it’s every post. So if people flag dissenting opinions just because they don’t like them it’s going to get the thread locked. Happens to the High Elf thread all the time.

Would prefer they break all addons rather than allow the optimal pugger attitude. The reason it is good that it takes forever to form groups is so that you actually think it’s less of a hassle to teach a person how to play than just kicking them and picking up someone else. It’s supposed to be painful to kick people. We’re supposed to be bringing everyone up. It’s selfish otherwise. It’s like for you zoomers getting out of college and no one wants to hire you because you don’t already have 10 years of work experience. We used to train on the job, now companies just want people to come in and do the job immediately and invest nothing in making sure that workforce exists. Short sighted and it needs to stay in retail. Break all addons if this one can’t be broken.

2 Likes

I had been trying to stay out of the other thread until right before it was locked. From what I had gathered it looked like it was getting a little too personal.

I admit that it has already happened to me over the issue, but I did apologize for it.

Just because I disagree with someone doesn’t mean either of us need to take it personally.

Amen brother. Totally agree.

2 Likes

People are playing classic to get away from things like LFG.

Why would someone think it’s a smart idea to bring that to classic?

Ban this.

3 Likes

+1 totally agree

3 Likes

A lotta good your guild did for you. You never accomplished anything (and yes I focused on wrath content). Might as well been unguilded like the other person.

lol wut. I led a raiding guild all through TBC. We are reforming and playing again in 3 days.

It happens to everyone. I don’t mind jabs back and forth but I try to only report in extreme circumstances. All mass flagging does is silence any discussion.

I think I’m going to find a new controversy to entertain me though. Omar and Brian have already outlined their philosophy for addons so there’s not much more to discuss.

We’ve been closely following the community discussion around this add-on for WoW Classic, as well as analyzing it to make sure we understand how it works. After careful examination, we believe the nature of ClassicLFG is incompatible with our social design for Classic. Thus, in an upcoming patch (in the weeks following launch), we will be adding restrictions to the Classic add-on API that will significantly limit this add-on and others like it.

In line with what we shared at BlizzCon last year, we intend to be very careful about allowing add-on functionality that might undermine aspects of the social dynamics that are core to the Classic experience, even in cases like this where it’s clear that the addon author had no ill intent and was simply trying to provide a service to the Classic community. Ultimately, if a streamlined group-finding system was something we considered compatible with Classic, we would have kept the modern Premade Group Finder tool rather than choosing to remove it from the Classic client.

It’s difficult to articulate a clear-cut rule for exactly when an add-on crosses the line. However, when an add-on goes beyond presenting information or providing aesthetic customization, and attempts to create an interconnected social network that relies on other players also using that same add-on, we are likely to scrutinize it particularly closely.