LFD kick abusers have made the WoW experience miserable for my friend

Long story short, I’m passably average at the game but my friend occasionally gets overwhelmed especially on new content which is resulting in him being votekicked from the dungeons we queue into more frequently than what would would consider average. Neither of us have played cataclysm until classic.

That is utterly unfair. It’s not like he isn’t trying, but it seems players as a whole have zero margin for error in leveling dungeons of all things and are quite ready to boot someone at the slightest offense.

When I was queueing with my friend yesterday, we got into a vortex pinnacle group and neither of us knew the mechanics for the first boss, however since he was playing as the healer role I got to see the votekick screen with the words “bad” written on it with my friend’s name next to it. He apologized and said he was new to this and was still learning, but apparently that wasn’t enough and he swiftly ejected from the LFD group.

How can my friend get better if players are just going to soil their pants after one wipe and evict the healer? It makes zero sense, people need time to adjust to the new cata classes, especially cata reworked discipline priest like my friend is playing. It’s not like he’s new either, we’ve both been playing since burning crusade classic off and on so he knows the game, but evidently that just isn’t enough to these toxic MDI wannabes these days.

35 Likes

Leveling is super serious and important business. Do not waste the critical time that people had to…checks notes…run wailing caverns on a level 15 character?

17 Likes

If we asked the other three people in the group, would they say your friend’s mistake was “slight?”

Your OP is dripping with bias and I wonder how many people died before they got fed up.

36 Likes

I don’t know why players insist on kicking in lfd.

Thesedays there seems to be alot of very angry players getting around.

13 Likes

I sympathize. While it’s important to be able to remove troublemakers, there’s many who think their run is such serious business that they won’t tolerate anyone who isn’t able to conform to the “Go! Go! Go!” mentality.

Your friend needs to find a laid back guild that’s active enough that finding groups is easier. You don’t need full guild groups, but three of you using the dungeon finder makes you unkickable.

Best of luck. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

because they don’t want to wipe in trivial content :woman_shrugging:

this is what your friend needs to do. maybe if they find the right guild, they can also find people who will mentor.

check out wow made easy. they’re more geared towards m+ than leveling dungeons, but they do have channels for forming norm and heroic dungeons

https://www.wowmadeeasy.com/

9 Likes

I’ve never seen someone get kicked from LFD/leveling for anything other than being toxic or longterm afk/disconnect.

That said if your friend is the “special dietary requirements needed” of MMORPG type of person then they should just make friends and/or join a guild that is their pace.

Too often do people blame everyone else for how their social interactions go when you literally are the master of your own destiny here.

8 Likes

While I do think that some people are too quick to vote kick and could stand to calm down a bit, if you are getting booted regularly then there is an issue on your end. Maybe your friend should do some research on how to heal with the new class they are trying.

Its also unfair to expect other players to have a miserable time because your friend isn’t able to properly perform the role they are signing up for.

20 Likes

He can try follower dungeons and practice there.

Here are some links that may help as well.

2 Likes

Join

A

Guild

4 Likes

YouTube or any online guide.

classic players are cringe thats why

4 Likes

Some people don’t understand this is a game and nothing more.
Who knows why?

3 Likes

those can only go so far. at some point you need to get boots on the ground experience which is kind of a moot point when people will kick you for messing up mechanics

3 Likes

as tank i just tell them to stop typing and stop trying to kick or ill leave and theyll get sent into another 30 min que as dps for being a dick they always shut up or get kicked themselves and the run goes smoothish from there sometimes i deal with horrible teams who cant stand not going as fast as possible or not taking the fastest route so im really against RDF without monitoring like it should have a team of GMs per realm reading chats, reports, and player behavior to see if people are mass kicking, reporting, flaming etc and they dont so RDF sucks if you arent premade and everyones response is get friends most of us have friends but not everyone plays at the same time so most times you might have to que alone if you want to do anything with your time

3 Likes

why is your first instinct to harass the player as well or at very least continue putting them down?

“OH WELL YOU MUST HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING HORRIBLY WRONG”

like? what? what is wrong with just assuming OP is not lying, which i assume he is not.

people are more “hardcore” now than ever, forcing ppl to be invited only if they have high parses, high m+ scores, high gearscores, doing dungeons insanely fast (regardless if new players are in the party), and if you can’t keep up you’re harassed flamed or removed or declined. seeing a ton of groups on classic requiring high parse #'s just for CLASSIC content. it takes 0 braincells to do and ppl still are elitist about it.

you are the part of the problem

7 Likes

I don’t think you know what “harass” means.

I didn’t say that and I don’t type in all caps.

What problem? Do you have any proof the OP is even telling the truth?

The boss he’s talking about? Nobody does the mechanics in leveling dungeons, not even back in Cata. He also never said what his friend did to upset the group. He purposely kept it vague to put his friend in the best light. People usually put up with tons of mistakes as long as they’re not dying repeatedly. That’s usually when tempers start flaring.

But whatevs. You keep believing every story you read on the internet.

13 Likes

Can you PUG follower dungeons in a party? I do not know as i have never tried one, but it could be a solution. Assuming you arent in Mythic pug with a beginner healer?

How many wipes did y’all cause? Even leveling, there’s a limited amount of patience given to pugs.

Have you looked up the fights to see what you were doing wrong? Be better prepared, fulfill your role, avoid the avoidable, cc when asked.

1 Like

They don’t want a thirty minute dungeon to turn into 2 hours.

5 Likes