LF Destro DPS Tips

So I guess Simucraft is kinda not correct with that part. I used whichever head/chest/shoulder gave best potential DPS per bloodmallet and simucraft. Going to try that tonight. Right now I sit at 27% I believe with haste, then I have gloves that give an extra 1400 i think (buff is up seemingly 90% of the time), and only one flashpoint. Want to really give three a try. Oh I have that whip trinket too that gives haste… Gonna try this afternoon when I get home from work.

1 Like

bloodmallet is an okay starting point however i would recommend the discord as that is where all the big brains are. I mean im still asking questions in there nonstop. but yeah, 3 flashpoint 2RH 1CC, all comes from raid azerite, thats our bread and butter. the reason for that, and why it might not match what bloodmallet or simcraft says, is because you play destro to optimize your 2T target. destro is the best cleave class in the game (i dont count firemage cuz ignite cleave is free and mage is stupid.). so sim your destro setup as something like 2T patchwerk, 2T add cleave, etc. depending on the fight. destro on pure single target isnt anything special, aff and demo can outclass it there until kill times become really short.

Im running triple Flash point on mythic azerite and im sitting 80-100+% haste most fights.

Crazy fast chaos bolt stacking during infernal

sweet thanks! Also, stupid me, I never used titan forge to disassemble my old purple azerite armor. Ugh such an idiot… So hopefully I will have upgrades in that respect soon.

1 Like

that tank and spank boss in uldir was up this week. got 50k+ dps with 445 gear and unbuffed. Hopefully I will get higher with 3 flashpoints.

Have to ask… got the trinket u suggested. Almost at 3.5k haste. Have a racing pulse which gives 1275 haste, the trinket gives 1917 and my staff can give up to 2000. Then triple flashpoint. I should stop, right? Maybe will replace one of the expedients with a gushing wound when it pops up.

TLDR At what point should we stop hasting? Personally after 3k I didn’t note too much difference.

Dope, grats on the trinket!!

uhhh i think its a sim yourself style answer unfortunately, you can use the corruption choices in raidbots to get a better idea, im probably gonna shoot for 5-6 T3 expedients and then look for maybe severe.

PS - is Synergy still around on Ysera?

1 Like

Looks like it… though frankly had to look it up on IO :slight_smile: Plenty of very good players on their roster & 3/12 M. Harder to keep track with Ysera - Durotan merged.

damn, that was my first ever raiding guild, played with them in Highmaul for a good while

Do you guys can tell me at which point should i switch my tier 15 and 30 talents to Erradication and Internal Combustion?

I am currently using Flashover and Reverse Entropy, but i see many warlocks that at some point of their gear, dont use these talents anymore.

Is there some haste or gear cap that makes Erradication + Internal Combustion build more worth than Flashover + Reverse entropy build?

I’m pretty sure the answer to the tier 15 question would be a firm never (at least not in bfa). That extra charge of backdraft is just too important.

Internal combustion does sound interesting for lower level dungeons where stuff dies quickly, but otherwise I don’t see any use since your overall output doesn’t change and you’ll have to refresh your immolate more frequently. Never seen anyone suggest it, but would be fun if someone says otherwise.

Edit: I’m a noob and disregard what I’ve written :slight_smile: gonna try Eradication-IC in raid tomorrow, looking forward to it. Better players have replied below.

Well, i saw on warcraftlogs that in heroic/mythic nya’lotha the majority of the warlocks (470 ilvl) were actually using Erradication + internal combustion, so i thought that these talents may be worth at high ilvl gear

It is a new build that becomes more viable with large amounts of haste. So if you have a bunch of expedient and flashpoint pieces then the build is viable. But it is more difficult to play compared to the standard build.

There is a small write-up on it in the warlock discord under the destruction faq section.

there is no “breakpoint” to run the Erad/IC build.

typically people swapped once they felt they had enough haste to not miss the second charge of backdraft. it is a playstyle that takes a bit of getting used to, so i would recommend practicing on a dummy and seeing how it feels both with and without flashpoint active for you.

Demo is alright. Its not preferred because Destro wins out on the majority of fights and is at least viable on the fights it doesn’t beat the other specs on.

Your gear is fine. Stars isn’t the greatest but not the worst either.

General problems with destro include: Not using Havoc on every opportunity to get use (think of creative things like using havoc on a mob immune to damage to still generate rolling havoc stacks/resources)

Not popping darksoul correctly. should be popped to line up with the last 20 seconds of infernal.

Having proper immolate uptime. should be 100% or extremely close

Spending shards: if you’re at 4 shards you should be dumping into chaos bolts, preferably with backdraft stacks active

movement: move as little as possible. set up gateway/circle pre-pull in anticipation of having to move to locations and stutter step in between what little instant casts you have (conflag/havoc)

and basically just use all your abilities on cooldown, letting conflag overcap or cataclysm sit off cd is usually a bad choice.

1 Like

At super high haste (like after you stack Expedient 3) you will want to change talents to Eradication and Internal combustion and use Lucid Dreams Major instead of VoP. Making those few changes literally increased my simmed dps by 20k

Nice! MY Haste is now at the point where it feels like I am always on the “heroism” talent. Was going to get one more 12% haste tonight so I will have 3 of them along with +1275 haste for 4 seconds on gloves (it is up 85% of the time because of refresh) so who knows. I saw a guy doing bleed on three pieces of armor+rings. Like 4 of them with the haste. Should I go after a gimmick corruption like that or just keep it at stats? At that tank in spank weekly mob in Uldum I hit 75k dps with only mostly 245-250 gear with is very nice. Oh and my purification protocol is not what I use for DPS. I just use it when doing visions because I gather all the mobs and just instakill half of them with PP.

Yeh nice.

My base haste is now 66% with 7 exp 3’s.

Feels butter smooth.

I haven’t changed talents yet, but is internal combustion better than reverse entropy, or does that extra haste even matter because of everything else you have… I have to wait until next haste to get #4 and #5 12% haste items. I can do 3 this time around, because I am runnin gout of keys to the visions.

yeah its better as long as you play it decently.

also you can farm arena 3s for really good echoes, its between like 80-120 a win