LF Destro DPS Tips

Hey fellow locks. Recently came back to the game, and Im trying to figure out why Im not topping meters. :slight_smile:

If possible, take a look at my gear and lmk what you would change. Thanks!

Off Topic: Everyone seems to think Demo is a meme spec, but Ive seen a few locks wreck with it. Is it meme?

Stack Haste 12% corruption… and your Gucci

With demo, 3 stack implosion and Baleful invocation and world vein major.

Edit: with corruption now and lucky procs all specs are ok, Destro is still most viable in all content, demo is decent in raiding…

Essences aren’t rank 3.

Corruptions are not that good. Stack as much expedient as you can. Infinite stars is never good.

Not running x3 Flashpoint, x1 Crashing Chaos, x2 Rolling havoc.

That’s just gear.

Not topping meters could also be down to rotation and cooldown usage. All the gear in the world can’t fix that. Highly recommend reading through the warlock discord.

No spec is a meme spec. Every spec is viable unless you’re pushing the absolute bleeding edge of content. That being said, demo is very much viable for m+ but the lack of an interrupt would be the only reason it’s not as good.

Very helpful tips from both of you, thanks. So Infinite Stars, I should just replace both with expedient?

And unfortunately, the traits on my gear just isnt good.

1 Like

Expedient rank 3 works out better, and is only 20 corruptions per rank 3, you can stack that like a beast!, compared to stars which is 75 per rank 3.

If you have a look at all top raiders and m+, they stacking 7-9 expedient.

Destro and demo are both viable in their own way, not one more than the other.

@Op,

Haste corruption (expedient) is your best friend. Make sure to get your essences to rank 3 use vision major. I think you might get more consistency out of it. Get 3 flashpoints, 1 crashing chaos, and at least 1 rolling havoc.

As for demo. It’s great. That’s my main spec in keys and raid. Definitely not a meme spec. The lack of interrupt in keys shouldn’t be the biggest of issues if you stack an optimal group composition. How well you perform highly depends on how well your tank (or group as a whole) coordinates pulls with you and vice versa

They both do well in raids, although Destro with flash points and rolling havoc, takes a big advantage the only boss within mythic nylotha where demo pulls ahead is Shadhar. This is mythic raiding ofcourse, heroic yeah anyone can can smash it.

Even Currently look at logs, Destro takes it by a huge margin, expedient with flash point with nearly 80% uptime on all fights, even on mythic Shadhar, you can immolate and fear the “thing from beyond” to gain flashpoint to have it up nearly 100%.

But I agree Demo is definitely not a meme spec, heck I’m a demo main just Destro is way easier and doesn’t have its skill attached to bad pet ai. I hate how tyrant can’t switch to priority targets.

But yeah big tip, immolate thing from beyond and fear or mortal coil it and bam, flashpoint can be up nearly 100%.

Edit: Im Destro, and can maintain 90k dps - 100k with only 3 expedients, when infernal is off cooldown, I’m pushing 150k - 200k dps easy, give me Hivemind and it’s even higher and if vision procs even higher!! and Destro has the worlds easiest rotation haha I’ve already saved 15k echoes and waiting 2 weeks for expedient 3 to come back, can’t imagine my dps with 6-9 expedient 3s :grin:

1 Like

I appreciate all the tips. So, I should focus on azerite traits instead of ilvl?

I can farm more echoes, I do arena and its pretty easy. I’ll save up for Rank 3 expedient.

468 ilvl… almost there :slight_smile: But too much mastery. Crit-Haste is better on gear. That gem slot also needs a haste gem.
Don’t worry about what the Sims say. After you get to at least 2600 haste (start saving up for expedients) & get 3 flashpoint traits, destro becomes a completely different beast. 0.8-0.9 second chaos bolts during your initial burst feels awesome. So try to get that. The shoulders from carapace have flashpoint + rolling havoc. Aim for that since you have aotc. Your helm is already good. Start playing the lottery for your chest :slight_smile:
Would suggest VoP major till you really get the hang of the spec. Lucid dreams is good but only if you can really juice it out. VoP gives comparable, passive and more spread out damage. Specially in dungeons.
The wrathion trinket doesn’t do much for us. Prophet Skitra has the one we want. So your weekly rolls go to carapace & Skitra.
Also, time to start hitting those horrific visions. Good source of 470 gear per week and sockets.

Also… if you read this within the next hour… go buy Infinite stars rank 1 NOW & put it on another slot. Maybe one of your 460 rings. The effect stacks so together they become rank 3. Will help for your raid progression. I use the same for raids, but I take them off for a full haste setup in dungeons.

2 Likes

2 & a half more weeks to go before we get expedient 3 again… So if you can afford it buy a couple of rank 2’s. Don’t worry about waiting for rank 3. Rank 2 gives 9% haste for 15 corruption & rank 3 gives 12% haste for 20. So unless you’re running out of pieces to put corruption on, can go ahead and buy rank 2’s now & replace them later. I myself am hoping for a rank 1 this week for my gloves.

ilevel literally means nothing this patch.

You can get the traits pretty reliably clearing the raid, most of the pieces drop the bis combination.

Please do not do this. You will be wasting echoes and your time.

There’s a lot of time til rank 3 expedient is on the vendor so save your echoes for that, as tempting as it is to buy lower ranked expedient now.

Expedient 1 costs 3k echos
Expedient 3 costs 5k echos

Rank 3 gives you by far the most bang for your echoes. By the time we cap our cloak corruption resitance you can easily wear 6-7 expedient 3 pieces. With only 9 pieces of gear to put corruptions on.

Some quick math:

Assuming you have zero expedient 3 pieces, and you’re aiming for 6 expedient 3 pieces. You only need 30,000 echoes in 2 weeks by the time it rolls around again (hopefully you have been saving) and you can get your bis corruptions and be done with this ridiculous grind.

1 Like

no. psyche shredder is not good. destro wants font+vita ideally. if OP pvp’s a badge is not bad by any means it just has slightly less coverage in the infernal window.

Agreed when u do the math… but what will you do with all that currency? It’s quite easy to get. I’m not saying be frivolous but if for 6k Echoes if you can buy 2 rank 1 expedient today, I don’t see the point in waiting 2 weeks to buy a rank 3 to save one thousand Echoes. Both will give 12% haste.
Every 2 weeks as my resistance increases by 6, I’ll replace my rank 2’s with 3’s & 1’s with 2’s. That’s my plan. And I’ll need only like 5k every 2 weeks instead of 30k at a go.

Fair enough. Never looked at Vita! Mo haste!! Back to the grind I guess!!

yup, Vita also provides a DPS increase to your group, not just you, which is not reflected in sims

1 Like

3 flashpoints? Even when it says the DPS is lower on items where I can get 3 flashpoints? I only have one, but I have good haste hands wit hthe exception of it being Vers and Crit instead of Haste and mastery on there which I would have preferred. I had tested those since it was 4 second uptime only, and damn… Those things always proc. It’s almost like having the added haste at all times. Crazy stuff.

I have a 3% crit buff… It was either that on my boots or +50 mastery since the corruption didn’t bug me I figured it’s better than my non corruption same boots that has a gem in it. My 9% haste bracers put me from 23% to 27% but they are 420 so I need to replace those asap. I have a 445 pair with a gem in it and mastery and haste or crit and haste. Can’t remember.

Cant thank yall enough. Very very good info. Im gonna get more more crit and aim for 2600 haste. I’ll start saving bonus rolls for azerite drops.

And yea, I finally had the balls to attempt a mask last week, and slaughtered 3 mask. So this week I’ll get the last 2 mask, and attempt a 5mask.

VOP? Got it. Ill get that to rank 3, hopefully its not that time gated.

@Swolebob - Well, I already bought 3 exped Rank 2s a few days ago. Before then, the only corruption i had, was inifinte stars. But im not stressed, echoes seem pretty easy to come across, but I do arena so maybe thats just the best way to farm them.

I didnt think about pvp trinket, I had a 450 or 460 that I sold…Oops. I’ll get another one soon.

Gonna save for exped rank 3. And ignore ilvl for correct traits! Got it!

1 Like

you will LOVE that added haste. When I put mine at 27 with the buffs coming from azerite talent and gloves it almost felt like I was using Heroism. I have crazy burst speed and I am casual only right now, but with those tank and spank bosses we get once a week in pandaria or uldum I am usually top 5. I LOVE Destro.

You answered your own question about 3 flashpoints there :slight_smile: imagine 2400 more haste during heroism. Have to credit Cheezedot for getting me addicted to that. Get 3 flashpoints and keep trying to put immolate on anything that pops up & is >80% health. I did awesome on Maut yesterday (by my standards) because the adds just stay at 100% health if you’re focussing the boss.

1 Like