LF Alliance to re-roll as Horde

Once I get Nightborne unlocked I plan on being horde on MG. I really enjoy the nightborne and think they have a lot of awesome RP potential.
2 Likes
Awesome! Join up and we can connect you with other nightborne enthusiasts.
You have my support, Flywheel!
You have my support!
Iā€™d give it a try, but there is one obstacle in the way...

Leveling a new toon. The thought of leveling from 1-120 again hurts my bones.
Look at you all, coming out of the woodwork!

You can do it Elenstelle. One level a day. We're here to help and support you as you go!
09/25/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Elenstelle
Iā€™d give it a try, but there is one obstacle in the way...

Leveling a new toon. The thought of leveling from 1-120 again hurts my bones.

Not gonna lie toots, this is the most daunting prospect! That said, as a newcomer horde side MG and a relatively new member of Flashbang, I LOVE it here.

Great people, great community and a great group of goblins to party with. Only thing missing is some new faces.

Anyway one idea I did have a while ago (not super original I know) is to make a few teams that go out and level together at set times. Say assemble a team for Tuesday nights at 8PM - 10pm (just an idea). A set time like a weekly D&D group. If we can get 5 together or even just a tank a healer and a dps or two, we could skip a lot of the painful bits and dungeon our way up. I've been looking at making another goblin or Nightborne. We could get teams and all meet up at 20 even?

Anyway depending on interest level and commitment we can do some wonderful things I am sure!
We have lots of Horde helpers signing up! We still need more brave Alliance to tip their toes into Horde side. Remember you can ask us anything! We're happy to find you a guild, or to help you make your own. We're even giving away starting packages of gold and bags!

It looks like Zeroki is even keen to start a levelling team! The vibe in this project is just blowing me away. <3
As always, I'l help any new hordies coming along! I have several crafters with close to max crafting and can toss bags, crafted armor, and even some quick consumables to get started!

Hit me up on the Unified Horde Discord, and I'l do anything I can to help.

And Fly, keep on keepin' on.
Oh boy, the thread just for me. I've always wanted to roll a Tauren of some kind but I keep running into a lot of creative road blocks, I know a good deal of Horde and Tauren lore but the fact is, a lot of it well... Bores me, kind of sucks when I wanna play a Warrior or some kind of melee class but Tauren are dedicated to peace and nature and such.

I also struggle with just how many lore developments there were since WotLK. I really don't wanna play a character that wasn't impacted by Orgimmar being attacked when Garrosh got overthrown, or what happened to Theramore, or when Deathwing woke up, etc. Now there's a whole Legion invasion and two major cities sacked to consider.

Anyone have any advice on how to work around these two hang-ups?
09/25/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Elsbod
Oh boy, the thread just for me. I've always wanted to roll a Tauren of some kind but I keep running into a lot of creative road blocks, I know a good deal of Horde and Tauren lore but the fact is, a lot of it well... Bores me, kind of sucks when I wanna play a Warrior or some kind of melee class but Tauren are dedicated to peace and nature and such.

I also struggle with just how many lore developments there were since WotLK. I really don't wanna play a character that wasn't impacted by Orgimmar being attacked when Garrosh got overthrown, or what happened to Theramore, or when Deathwing woke up, etc. Now there's a whole Legion invasion and two major cities sacked to consider.

Anyone have any advice on how to work around these two hang-ups?

I used to have a tauren that I played with a stick up the butt about honor and all that, I'm pretty sure he was neutral, being a shaman and all; Playing a stick up the butt char was pretty fun tbh, if you wanna stay true to that cause, if not I mean there's always the more 'aggressive' tribes IE the Grimtotem that comes to mind offhand
What is your 70:30 ratio based off of? Not bashing your idea at all, but just a reminder that moonguard is well... we all know what it's known for whether we participate or not. I don't think Horde will ever balance out just because of the alliance ~main draw~ haha.

Good luck with your endeavor though. Personally, I played strictly horde until MoP when Garrosh was all ORCS GOOD EVERYONE ELSE BAD, and all the rp was either belf house guilds or orc politics. Switched to alliance to check it out and have never looked back. I assume the RP quality has improved since then at least.
While your offer is very much appreciated. I am at that point where playing Horde of any kind, just feels wrong. I have actually caught myself grinding my teeth more than once while actually making an attempt to reach max with my troll. And who knows, maybe I'll get there one day. Won't be today though.
09/26/2018 01:33 AMPosted by Shirodae
What is your 70:30 ratio based off of? Not bashing your idea at all, but just a reminder that moonguard is well... we all know what it's known for whether we participate or not. I don't think Horde will ever balance out just because of the alliance ~main draw~ haha.

1) The Darknest community that revolved around Goldshire left years ago. Those characters who remain, logged by multiple WoW realm stats websites, are genuinely uninvolved in the server one way or another, whether they are alts specifically made for discreet cyber or tourists (usually from other realms).

2) The 70:30ish ratio persists at max level. Max level characters who remain in Goldshire fall under the clause above.

Edit: Just went to check. https://realmpop.com/us-moon-guard.html The raw numbers say over 75% of characters at level 120 are Alliance. There are more Void Elves than Orcs at max level. Undead are only just barely ahead of Dark Iron Dwarves. This is not the work of some Goldshire Illuminati.
Thanks guys. Yep, I'm not disputing the fact that MG is Alliance dominated, and that most people are quite happy there. But there are others who would like to give Horde a try, but found it hard to make contacts, and therefore to get established or stick around. I'd like to keep those people and make it a better experience for them.

On that note, welcome to our new recruits today! I hope that we can help to get some new guilds going so all this fresh blood can level together and forge a new home.

Here's that discord link again in case anyone missed it:

https://discord.gg/SmRpCfS
While I play mainly Alliance these days, I've mained long stretches on either side to see both angles. Kez here is part of an effort at both "Anyone But Sylvanas" and investigating the potential for cross-faction cooperation. Kezelthas#1796 if anyone wants to make contact.
About 6 months back, I rolled a Horde character with a friend to check out the other side. My first character was Horde when I first started to play (in Europe). I've been pretty much Alliance since, but every now and then I miss my earliest days. We leveled our characters to around 80-90 and showed up on a few public events and interacted both between the two of us and also tried to reach out a bit.

I don't know if it was just bad luck on our end but I didn't find it too easy to make new connections so we just drifted back to Alliance. If this initiative turns into someone creating a new guild (or a newish guild already exists) I would be happy to give it another try. It might be easier to establish connections and relationships with other fresh roleplayers and in turn, support a new GM.
I would encourage those who are looking to join the Horde to play one of the lesser played races. Currently the majority of the Horde plays Blood Elves.
09/26/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Tavrasanga
There are more Void Elves than Orcs at max level.

All of my hate
If you re-roll horde, you get a 80% Off Coupon for all your Laundry needs*!

*By "needs" this party means "dirty clothing"