LF Alliance to re-roll as Horde

preach it ma’am

While I will specifically name sharding as the death of RP-PvP, relying on two or three large Horde guilds to stand a chance against 7 or 8 Alliance guilds (who ALWAYS had more healers, btw) definitely contributed to the death of a wholly unique form of WoW storytelling.

3 Likes

Ok.

Not sure what I expected from someone that claims they’re Alliance, hears Alliance roleplayers get belittled and their first reaction is “Is she wrong doe?”

As if that thread wouldn’t get torn to shreds?

I’ve only pointed out how hypocritical it is to insult the tastes and creativity of other people while simultaneously asking them to switch over. And all (most) of you have done is keep moving to goal posts and making it personal. (Edit: You and Telrenoir specifically as the exceptions)

While I’m genuinely tired of posting here, as I’m sure you all are of seeing me, I appreciate you for your tact, at least for saying I’m entitled to a response, which is more than I’ve heard from anyone else here. As a player to another player, I thank you, since arguing has always been stressful for me. For what it’s worth, I won’t keep posting here, since my only intent was to dispute what was said. People can read and decide for themselves one day when they read these comments long after they’ve been buried under level 12 alts posting about how much cooler Horde is.

It’s honestly not worth it, this initiative will always garner support, nobody would be in my corner. Alliance has a pretty self-hating player base, and I say this from personal experience of being Alliance for 12 out of 14 years. But I’ll never switch Horde, even if I have to be the last Alliance player when the servers shut down.

See you on Azeroth.

Phew, I lie down for a nap and this thread EXPLODES. Instead of counting sheep, I was still doing Ace Ventura pet detective quotes…

But that aside, I don’t mind Athranar coming here to vent his frustrations. I wonder how many characters in this thread also belong to him?

Did you know that every time you bump this thread trying to stop us from resuscitating life back into MG Horde, a few more people read it? Many of them come over to MG Horde and join our various discords. Some don’t, but that’s okay. Like Telrenoir said - can’t win 'em all!

I remember being in a meeting with my fellow Hordies and discussing the mighty exodus that a heap of players to MG Horde and disperse to other servers and to MG Alliance. It all happened long before my time, so I wasn’t there to witness the gruesome details. I remember asking, “How do we fix this problem? Where do we get more players from?” One of my friends (I won’t name them, in case that upsets anyone) said, “We need to get them to come back from Alliance”. I thought about it for a while, and figured that seemed reasonable. That’s when I made this thread.

Two years later, and things have changed quite a bit. MG Horde is in a much better place. People are willing to give it a go now, rather than dismissing us outright. But I’ve changed too. The game has changed. The Alliance vs Horde thing across all WoW servers has gotten much worse. I can see where Athranar is coming from, even if I don’t agree with his perspective.

But I’ve also realised that encouraging MG Alliance players to try Horde isn’t the only way to improve our numbers. We can also bring people here from other servers. How do we do that? By being awesome. Show them that Moon Guard rocks.

Create something great, and people will flock to us! This is the whole truth that I swear by.

1 Like

Because I am not disillusioned enough to think I have to simp hard for one entire faction and know when someone may have said something correct, even if it was in the wrong way to a few people.

Also hah, you got me. I forgot the PvP in RP-PvP. The RP doesn’t exist, nope. And all guilds are PvE guilds apparently if you bring a whole guild over. Not a single one would be RP, nope never.

Okay everyone, you heard him. You’re part of the PvP and PvE problem. Pack it in, this initiative is problematic and harmful. This initiative alone will be the tipping in the scale for the Horde domination of PvE and PvP that has had Blizzard favoritism since the days of Alterac Valley.

Yikes dude. That’s a terrible thing to say.
I really like the server and want to see more Horde players to have cross faction events and battles that are fun, challenging and interesting for everyone on both sides. Role play! RP-PVP is awesome and I would love for it to be homegrown - by MG for MG.

Hey. If I guess your main will you tell me if I’m right?
Are you Graict?

3 Likes

Not who I thought but I am not going to be as brave as to name them cause of ToS cause I have a person in mind too based on the frequence of forums, and paranoia of needing to hide.

1 Like

If this is Graict, my brain is about to be transported to 2015.

Keep going - it’s further back than that.
I’d say 2011 -2013.
The Golden Age.

that hurt to type

I loved 2013! Can we just all jump in a time machine and re-live it…just for a little while?

1 Like

This forum in 2013?
oh my
There are not many left that can handle that kind of foruming.

1 Like

My MGing STARTED in 2013, so I must be remembering a later neo-Graict era.

It’s all good.
And it was just a guess based on writing style and the self-loathing (okay he actually said self-hating) comment is what made me ask.

I’m sad that he did not respond to the Gilbert and Sullivan reference so that actually ruled out a few possibilities for me.

Had to change characters to get myself in the right year.

2 Likes

ROFL
And I’d have to find my actual physical authenticator to get myself back.
Lost it and the old account in a move.

Going forward, all of this has raised some interesting questions that should be considered and not just simply forgotten about.

How can we work towards stamping out toxicity in our communities? How can we ensure that we are more welcoming to new players? I think these are important questions regardless of faction and I -for one- would love to see this server work together to create a better environment for everyone.

2 Likes

For those that had a less than fun experience with a new/returned Horde character the common issue (looking back in this thread and others) seemed to be they felt excluded when attempting to break into established circles. In the past people stated that guilds were insular and cliquish.

There are ongoing events like tavern nights or the guild fair to welcome new faces. Some people aren’t necessarily fond of the bar scene or the guild they heard about isn’t at the fair. It has been suggested that guilds try to have a greater presence in hubs like Orgrimmar or Silvermoon. I always feel bad as that seems to be asking them to shoulder a larger responsibility than individuals like myself. We can all try to idle and spend more time in our main outposts. Many Horde players have done this but we still lack the greater presence and options for interactions available to the Alliance players. Some of the folks that tried Horde said they were lonely. That’s crushing. It’s hard for me to understand but I’ve been here for a while and though I’m not currently in a guild, I have no problem walking up or throwing myself into events I’m able to attend. For someone that might not have resources or at least a wingman, I get that it can be daunting.

I’m not big on discord simply because I’m a doofus and feel like it takes me out of the game or distracts me. HOWEVER - the reroll support discord is amazing but might be underused. Not sure how to change that though as it’s been touted here in this thread and in game. I have personally steered people to it and heard later about getting a lot of help with questions or provided information they needed. There could be resistance to using it because people have WEIRD IDEAS like me and aren’t comfortable. Not sure how to change that or get the details/help to people without having a convenient clearinghouse like it.

2 Likes

I think there is a particularly difficult group to get involved: People who refuse to approach.

By approach, I mean anything from messaging someone in a Discord, responding to a “LF RP” ad on the forums, or simply having their character initiating contact with another person. And by refuse I do not mean this in a snobbish, elitist, “I’m better than you peasants” way, although it can certainly encompass that. This also includes people who are too shy to approach other RPer or are afraid of rejection to the point that they do not make the effort. Let’s not pretend that many people, especially who RP, struggle with social anxiety that is alleviated by having someone else do the heavy lifting in terms of social interaction.

It is easier to exist as this type of person on MG-A because RPers are largely concentrated into a single area which is conducive to RP (everyone should know that Stormwind is an objectively better RP location that Orgrimmar), and even if we assume that Alliance and Horde have similar Approach to Non Approach ratios, Non Approach players on Alliance will have a greater variety of characters available to them.

I think the solution to this requires cooperation on Horde. Those who are comfortable contacting people for RP should double their efforts and reach out to anyone who indicates that they do not approach others for RP.

Those who fall into the more difficult category should realize that you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. If you come across an ad, or a character, or a particular player with which you are even slightly interested in playing, there is no real harm in contacting that player privately and having a normal conversation. You may end up not wanting to RP with that player, but that player might be still an interesting person and you might even wind up making a friend every now and again.

2 Likes

I now consider the information in the initial posts of this thread to be outdated. If you would like an insight to my reasoning, I have included a quote from a post I made yesterday:

I will be moving my efforts to a new thread which is located here:

I hope to see you there. For Moon Guard!

1 Like

I wholly agree with you here. Flywheel’s response was pretty condescending and rather rude, honestly.
They have no idea how ‘human like’ my chars are, or are not, nor do they know how I rp or tell my stories. Making that assumption is a huge turn off and definitely not the type of response I was expecting.

1 Like