LF Alliance to re-roll as Horde

I think I know the feeling, Aeirayvia. When you’re new to a faction or server, and you don’t know anyone, you can feel very vulnerable. Approaching anyone is extremely scary, because you just don’t know how they’ll react, and when you’re already nervous, any comment, be it good or bad, forms that all-important first impression.

Let’s face it, there are good and bad eggs on every server. But if you’re unlucky and strike a bad egg first, it can hurt so much that you might never want to try again. Or even leave the server completely.

But, that’s why I created the discord. So that new people could meet other new people, and find out what guilds are around. A softer entry, as it were.

RP on MG Horde is good, but it’s something that we all have to keep working at. You may have to spend a week wandering around before you find a bosom buddy. It’s like a rural town compared to the bustling city of Alliance side. Once you’re in, and established, it’s very close knit and supportive.

I think that we, the Horde veterans, need to stay receptive and observant. If you see someone alone, try and include them. Even if your character isn’t the friendly sort, don’t be rude IC or OOC to someone you just met. Emotes are just as good if your character isn’t talkative.

As Darville mentioned, public events are another great way to make new friends. Our walk-up still needs improvement.

2 Likes

I tried with a Horde toon of mine on this server, mid-60s. Honestly, I just found many Horde players on MG extremely toxic that I faction swapped the character. But, bad experience is really a minor reason for my not playing Horde on MG.

The major reason is that I simply don’t agree with the current actions and course of the Horde by it’s current leadership. Should that change, or Blizzard firmly commits to the concept of Horde being the ‘villains’, then I’ll reapproach this topic.

1 Like

I just changed over a few days ago. While I’m not the best at RP, I do want to help the Horde get more RP going, and be more active.

3 Likes

Welcome to the horde Thissandria. If you need help finding rp just let us know!

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen and heard, people are having a hard time finding Horde RP on MG when they do go over to Horde side. Might I suggest one day a week, the Horde do some kind of welcoming RP event some where in the main city. Kind of get people gathered together to find a group/guild/friends. I don’t know if you do that yet but it may be an idea to try!

1 Like

Oh hello. What’s this?

[H] Horde Tavern Night
Every Wednesday at 8:00 PM.
Wyvern’s Tail, Orgrimmar
Host - Belorinah
Come and join the horde in some fun at a tavern! What could go wrong? Drink away and talk away and make some new friends with this awesome social event!
Link - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765178094

From the Moon Guard Event Calendar:

Thanks, Kaceys, for keeping this current for the entire server!

2 Likes

There’s a tavern event every Wednesday in Orgrimmar at Wyvern’s Tail starting at 8pm server!

But, overall, I definitely agree. I’m finding it hard to locate natural walk-up RP. Usually I just check the Horde server RP calendar and find events to go to through that.

EDIT: Kwixit beat me to it!

2 Likes

Oh it’s all good.
The calendar is a great tool.
Also: there’s the Horde Guild Expo once a month! Pays to check the forum too for new threads announcing other less frequent/one off events. That goes for both the Red and Blue teams.

1 Like

Guild expo is third Friday of each month. 8p server time. Like the others said, Wrynns Tail in Orgrimmar every Wednesday 8pm for tavern time.

1 Like

First time seeing this. This will actually help me out in my storyline for Igundi. Igundi was originally with the Horde when he was with the Houjin, and he’s been planning to come back home to Orgrimar for some time now. I’m most likely going to have go home after the Pandaren New Year . Seeing how this server will have a great Horde side now, I don’t have to do the server ttransfer now.

2 Likes

Thank you Igundi! There are a lot of people trying really hard to rebuild MG Horde, and as long as we don’t give up, things will continue to improve over time.

You’ll find a lot of new friends and helpful people in the discord associated with this thread.

We look forward to meeting you!

3 Likes

Hey there Flywheel! I actually tried to contact you a couple of days ago but we’re not friends on Discord so I don’t believe you got it. Some of the members of my RP/PvP guild and I have formed a Hordside equivalent in order to work with the Horde and hopefully balance out future RP/pvp events for Moonguard. We are the Grimhammer Warband and my character there is Azruk, the second in command. If you’d like, I’d love to set up a meeting so we can talk about ways to motivate more rp and gameplay in the MG Horde community.

This is awesome. I cant wait to meet you all at some events. Maybe pop in for the weekly Tavern night at Wrynn’s Tail in Org on Wednesday’s at 8p server time. I’ll let Flywheel speak for our guild and your question. Welcome to red side, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!

1 Like

Well, swapped to an Orc Warrior and so far loving the gameplay. Also seeing a lot of potential for rp. I think one of the strengths of MG Horde is the number of people who aren’t Blood Elves. Not a dig BE roleplayers, but there is just a massive amount of that on Wyrmrest. MG seems to offer more options for Orcs, Tuaren and the other more savage races. This is just what I’ve seen and could be wrong about, but I think it’s something to push when talking about a more active Horde Community.

1 Like

I have noticed the same when it comes to horde rp. Theres still a fair amount of Sin’dorei role players, but it feels like they just dont come to Org in the numbers here like they do on WRA. I would love to see them be a bit more out and about, but having role played a Sin’dorei myself I can see why those trips to Org are sparse.

There are quite a bit of Orcs, Tuaren, and Forsaken but trolls seem to be in short supply. MG could really use something to revitalize and emphasize troll rp similar to what Flashbang has done for goblin.

I agree, and as any good goblin knows, “if you want to sell a product, ya gotta have a good marketing strategy!” Promoting Moon Guard Horde as a server that encourages more diversity, particularly among the more ‘savage’ races (I like that) would be an excellent selling feature. We need to show people what makes us different to all the rest.

Maybe I can put together some kind of Moon Guard Horde advertizement in a place like the World’s End Tavern forum.

In regards to your other ideas, Jarltor, I’m with you. Balancing the factions for world PvP events was one of the main reasons I listed for doing this in my original post. In fact, only yesterday Maxen approached me and asked if I could help him gather some Horde for the 150+ Alliance people they are expecting for the Conquest of Zandalar d20 campaign starting in February.

Now, if a good chunk of those Alliance people were able to roll up a Horde alt and play that instead, it would definitely help to even things out. It’s not a lack of population problem we’re having, it’s a lack of faction balance.

I know that the shortage of walk up RP is one of the main turnoffs for people rolling Horde. Dissatisfaction with the Horde storyline is the other. But if all those people on WrA Horde can live with it, why can’t we? In my view, you don’t have to make the Blizzard storyline the central focal point of your character. It’s just somewhere to begin. Leave it as a background, and choose something else about Horde that you like. There’s plenty of old content rich in ideas.

Forming a MG Horde RP-PvP group is a good step I think. Rather than make a whole new discord, how about you join the AHRSG one associated with this forum thread? I can create a channel for discussing PvP events, even assign a role to interested people if that helps.

AHRSG: Alliance to Horde Re-roll Support Group discord info
https://discord.gg/SmRpCfS

1 Like

I was doing a general forum search and I came across these forum posts which kind of made me raise my eyebrows.

Apparently on non-RP servers, people are struggling with a faction imbalance the other way around. That’s there’s too much Horde and not enough Alliance!

Apparently most of the “elite” PvEers and PvPers are Horde. They’re also saying that Alliance loses most BGs. I generally find the reverse, but okay!

I don’t know what any of it means, but just throwing it out there for discussion.

1 Like

It means matchmaking is broken, that’s pretty much it.

At any level, roleplayers around 10% of the playerbase. That does not mean we don’t suffer from the failed experiments Blizzard is addicted to performing on us, but it also doesn’t mean the game’s overall population balance (which favours Horde a bit) reflects the population imbalance on RP servers, particularly Moon Guard.

Regardless, numbers just don’t matter in roleplay. Some of the communities with the best roleplay around are 50 players or less. Anyone who has a genuine interest in roleplaying on the Horde faction is already doing it. I’ll repeat what I said before: there is plenty of prestige in joining a less populous community and helping it to grow or at least being there to support those who are. It has already grown into something much larger and much more connected than it was a few months ago.

And anyone assessing the “roleplayer” population of the Alliance to be anywhere near the majority of our 75% hold is just delusional. You guys are doing a lot better over here than you may realize. I just hope your hubs aren’t full of people without TRPs (or with red light profiles) in non-RP guilds like ours frequently are.

2 Likes

I’ve been red side for awhile and have not read any red light profiles, but I have only rp’d in In SMC a handful of times. I mention SMC because when I was WRA that was the place. Yeah, there was a lot of good rp happening there, but their were usually 2 brothels open at any time. I’m also not saying that doesnt happen here on MG. I have no doubt it does, but if so it’s not as pronounced. That’s most likely due to Goldshire and it being the largest hub for erp on any server.

If you’re looking for less of that in your face erp crowd then horde on Moonguard may be your best bet.

So close to that Highmountain Tauren…

I’ll be there soon guys!

1 Like