Leylocked Chests Solutions / Advice

I see so many threads lately mentioning or complaining about Leylocked chests, and saying they’re difficult. It’s fine if you find them that way. Some people struggle with puzzles. But that’s why I’m making this thread. Leylocked chests aren’t difficult, and are easy to solve once you realize how to come to the solution. I’ll provide screenshots. In essence, the most important thing is following the lines (hence the idea behind leylines) and always work outward.

Here’s the puzzle in its original format. I shuffled for the sake of finding one that’s easy to illustrate my point.
https://imgur.com/Tjh6upW

Now here’s the first move. We’re gonna add a touch of voidy purple for the sake of thematic purposes.
https://imgur.com/TfKWLbH

Immediately we can see the largest stretch of leyline, and know where it’s supposed to go by following the two lines toward the proper joined lines. Moving that one up (outward in the most landscaping sense from one side of the map to the other) immediately isolates that image. That’s done.

Next, we isolate our next target.
https://imgur.com/2mv3Nce

It’s easy to spot, right? That one’s connected to the two bottom-most points, so we move that one down, resulting in that triangle being completed quite simply. Again, moving outward. This time from the middle of the constellations in a more literal sense, heading to one of the most outward southern points.

https://imgur.com/Bq7o8XW
And that’s it. Really easy, really simple. All leylocked chests follow similar formats. Follow the lines outward, and isolate the shapes. Once they’re done, they’re done, and don’t worry about that aspect of the map any longer.

12 Likes

Instructions unclear, fingers caught in arcane energy

9 Likes

I find it’s best to pick a starting point, regardless of whether or not it’s got any “good” links right now, and then move all of its connections to adjacent points. Then move the connections to those points until you have the whole shape disconnected from the rest of the puzzle. Then continue.

You may need to disentangle a specific shape if it’s twisted, like a square that got turned into an hourglass, or to shift the shapes around a little bit to get them to fit next to each other, but when you’re looking at adjusting a very few pieces next to a problem area, it’s a lot easier to see the possibilities.

Do not touch arcane energy.
Do not ingest arcane energy.
Do not stare longingly into the abyss of arcane energy.
Do not taunt happy fun arcane energy.

1 Like

This is really one of the easiest kinds of puzzle in the game, I don’t understand why some people have trouble with it.

4 Likes

Probably the same reason a lot of people struggle with puzzles in other games. They try to brute force it. A good example is a game series like Resident Evil, which has wonderful puzzles. There’s a puzzle in Resident Evil 2 (the remake) in the second main area involving one of those “here’s some information, solve the puzzle using it and what you don’t know” types.

Some people will try to brute force it, and just go down a long, long list of possible combinations rather than look at it and take their time navigating each piece as its own separate piece of information. People try to do that with this too. They think they can brute force it, which takes forever, instead of just actually digesting each piece of information separately, and letting the picture fix itself. These puzzles like any other type of puzzle are about information. What do you know, and what can you understand immediately. Things like that.

1 Like

Its pbbly my most favourite questing game theyve introduced. I love solving those. I also laugh at ppl that say they are too hard :rofl:

2 Likes

Just in case someone who’s struggling reads these: I initially thought it was all one line we had to straighten out, not untangle numerous lines. So that’s the first thing to understand. Then, just pick the outermost dot, follow that line to its end, and then click it and the nearest dot to swap them. Repeat until the first line is untangled. Then, repeat for the next line. Just work from the outside in, clicking the furthest dots to the nearest and they’ll all untangle.

I prefer the leylines to the bejeweled. The leylines is all about your personal skill while the bejeweled has a large amount of luck involved.

3 Likes

Nice guide! Although I find the leylines really easy and boggles my mind that some people have such a hard time with it. I guess trying the brute forcing approach does that.

1 Like

Literally takes me like 10-30 seconds per, although I’ve always been good with puzzles but I wouldn’t exactly say this is one, you’re just trying to make every single point not intersect with the others. and not cross over themselves, it’s pretty straightforward after doing it a few times.

I think these are my favorite of the non traditional kill/collect type world quest. Waaaayyyyyy better than Kirin Tor or Turtles. I try to get one set to the top left, one to the bottom right and isolate one at a time. Seems to work well enough. Ty for the guide!

1 Like

At least it was a finger for you…

It’s possible that a lot of the people are like me, and suffer from some degree of color blindness which can make some of these puzzles harder. In this case the important thing to know that hasn’t be discussed here is that the orbs that have two energetic lines are the ones that are connected correctly! The ones that have plane static lines are the ones that are not. Once I figured that out it was still hard, but with patience I could work it out.

the reason this is confusing for man yis because there’s no directions provided. “dont cross the lines”

which lines? what happens when I click? there’s no explanation of the interaction or mechanics. Imagine playing chess (or even just checkers) without any explanation of how you can only move on X squares or do Y moves.

Not all of us play bejeweled or have even heard of it. We need better clarification on what the rules are and how the basic game works.

Another issue is there’s one with an arcane pylon - but it has no directions, or even a stated goal. How can I beat a puzzle when I don’t even know what the desired end state is?