Leveling/mob changes TOO HARSH

It wouldn’t be WoW if they didn’t nerf fun!

4 Likes

Yep, they should have left OPEN WORLD alone. Maybe they should have just rolled back all those new lvl 80 alts that people exploited to lvl 80 doing dungeons instead?

8 Likes

the funny thing is, all the awakened gear and raids are done and removed. so the best you will get is season 3 gear which is nowhere near as powerful.

2 Likes

I haven’t logged in since the change but if it’s tougher out there, then that’s that.

The game since Dragohflight has been kinda tame and too easy. There’s hardly any sense of danger now. My chars just jump in and fight everything. No sense of wariness or caution. WoW used to be dangerous out there. Well, my realm was pure PvP so leveling was hard between mobs and other players, haha.

We got stoopid easy Remix and the prepatch so did we get used to easymode? I leveled all my lowbies to 70 in the prepatch and geared them to 480. Now they’ll have to suffer the leveling process. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

1 Like

Since no one knew it was coming til yesterday, yea sure. K

12 Likes

hate to break it to you the game has never had a sense of danger.

5 Likes

What ilevel were you? Each tier is designed for a certain ilevel range.

I was having a lot of fun, and now I find myself self-healing a lot more, getting trucked and taking 2-3x longer to kill things. Even the smaller mobs are more than annoying now with 300k health at 72 (I’m not even that geared, I’m like 440 iLvl).

5 Likes

I thought the difficulty was just fine in my 480ish ilvl LFR hero character.

Not all of us complained about difficulty and in all honesty. Rank 3 delves should be easy. That’s like normal dungeon, or even follower dungeon level difficulty.

Now rank 7 or 10 (when S1 starts) should definitely be difficulty. But not rank 1,2 or 3.

6 Likes

So not only should I not bother leveling an alt. I should also avoid doing any dungeons.

Good job, Blizz.

12 Likes

I agree with you that the nerf sucks. I think it will be a problem in the future when non endgame geared toon start leveling.

But I have to ask, why are you doing delves at 72?

2 Likes

Meh. Of course there were some benefits. Why would anyone play more if that wasn’t the case? For me it was paying over the weekend without the masses.

There are no long term benefits though. By the time Season 1 starts we’ll al be on the same playing field.

which is the real issue, the people complaining that it was too easy will have forgotten about leveling in a couple weeks. the real problem will be people coming to level in the future with season 3 DF gear… I feel sorry for them.

4 Likes

Really? I’m surprised, I’ve tanked ~5-6 dungeons now and they all went great. It takes longer to kill stuff and you might need to be a bit more careful with the pull sizes. The worst leveling dungeon has to be Priory after first boss, those mobs are no joke.

It’s not as fun as before the fix, even if you were 76+.

1 Like

Like I said, hardcore PvP realm, lousy quest gear, hard to make gold - couldn’t just buy gear off the AH. This was vanilla, TBC days.

It was dangerous. We died a lot and it cost gobs of gold for repairs.

I remember trying to corpse run out of Ironforge naked (Elder event?) cuz my friends were like, never rez at the GY - you’ll go broke.

You young’un have No idea.

1 Like

lol why not? there are quests you get while leveling that tell you to go do them. i did 5 different delves on my way to 80.

1 Like

I haven’t played this character since season 3 and was BIS then but omg i can’t kill anything now and the starting quests give lower gear than that. In doing this, they should at least have gear increases in the opening quests better than s3 DF

1 Like

still blasting mine honestly, though they are slightly slower, but same big pulls

As usual there’s class imbalance too. Being a caster now is just instant death unfortunately.

1 Like

Yes because of the way scaling works levelling Brann while you are low level is much easier than doing it 80. I was doing a lot of delves on lower level alts to level Brann. Now the mob difficulty scaling has changed I am not sure how delves for lower levels will be.