Leveling on launch

Well try to get ahead of the group or level a character in less populated area starting zone.

Like exploration if you are one of those races, some people have videos of routes it may be private what not but it should be close if your human or dwarf/gnome or forsaken/orc.

Avoid quest like bring me 10 boar tails which boars don’t always drop tails unless your the only one or first one doing it. Grind those levels in the next mob area.

Doing dungeons and grinding certain mobs can help you level.

I hardly ever see people in ashenvale compared to other areas, probably the most dead zone in wow besides aszhara area.

I don’t really remember my leveling routes so sorry, I usually skipped certain quests.

It actually won’t be, the worst will be that initial starting area on launch day and from then the players disperse out pretty damned fast.

TBC probably had it the worst as pretty much everyone were bottlenecked through Hellfire Peninsula then Zangarmarsh etc, whereas in Vanilla there were 6 starting zones in total (counting both factions), and often there would be choices in zones from level 10 onwards (too crowded in Westfall / Barrens? Try head over to Darkshore / Silverpine etc).

This is why we didn’t need layering, but with layering unfortunately the opposite issue may arise, namely “ghost-town layers” like we saw on the latest stress test.

You do know profs dont give exp in classic right?

Human exploration is pretty easy.

This is a bit different than my route, but looks okay:

After that you can walk towards Stormwind, do the 3 delivery quests there, take the subway to Ironforge (don’t forget to get your flight path there) and explore the area around this small Dwarf village next to IF. You will find 2 or 3 delivery quests there and you can also enter the Dwarf / Gnome starting area and do a few more delivery quests.

Should be enough for level 5.
HS back to Goldshire and start questing.

By the way, this is probably the exploration route I will follow on launch:

i’ll probably grind on mobs till around lvl 5 then i plan on doing my death run to get all major starting flight paths,Since i’ll be playing a NE Rogue first i need to get to ironforge and stormwind asap to get my wep training

Most of the known sources explain that it s 50/50 with 2 caracters in a group.
sources:
_https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Formulas:Mob_XP#Group_Experience

So what is the source of the 60/60 xp shared?

as Nzete<Nox Oriens> said, Ironforge and Undercity are missing from the list. May be because it is/was impossible to fish in there normally.
I mean in IF, the water is not deep enough, and the glitch use to get access to Lava is … a glitch and none never tried to fish there.
In UC, there is only that green thing, and don’t remember seeing anyone fishing there.

Pretty much this!

1 Like

I cannot find where the 60/60 was shared, and in trying to find it I found the same as you:

1 person = 100xp
2 people = 50xp each.
3 people = ~39xp each.
4 people = ~33xp each.
5 people = ~28xp each.

Which supports 50/50… I could swear it was a streamer doing actual tests in Classic… but without having access myself atm… I cannot verify. Perhaps on the last stress test I will be able to test this.

Even at 50/50… there is no EXP loss, and the advantages that allow faster killing of mobs are more than just 200% damage… you have things like survivability, downtime for having to abort a pull if you accidentally pull to many, twice the chance for obtain the tags, etc.

One of the reasons hunters are so quick to level is the ability to send your pet to attack while you eat/drink… or even kill 2 mobs at once.

Did I ever say that they did?

May be worth traveling to a less popular lvling area I did a experiment on stress test and went to darnass and it was almost empty compared to humans area

If you roll a druid, fight mobs underwater. Others will be less likely to hunt in those areas because of the pace of underwater encounters, and the druid has an advantage here, both with underwater breathing and swim speed. The murlocs in the sea north of Auberdine come to mind.

As to the fishing question, I distinctly remember being able to fish in Darnassus, but not being able to catch anything at first (fish got away). There is a small lake southeast of town that I always used to get my NE characters from 1 to 50 fishing skill.

Make enough to train in fishing, and level it up as far as I can. Perhaps pick up my main professions and play “what can I gather without dying” while I explore for a bit of xp.

3 months is pretty fast. I only got to 58 after about a year

Each toon I took to 60 went faster than the first, due to experience.

Also, I just blew the dust off my Brian Knopp 1-70 Alliance leveling guide. It should mostly be correct, if loc is still the same.