Leveling on launch

So leveling is going to be near impossible 1-30 on the first few weeks of launch. Any suggestions? What do you guys think?

thanks to layering should be fine.

11 Likes

If questing becomes too difficult due to congestion, try to find a group and run a few dungeons.

Don’t book your time off work until week two.

1 Like

Itll help but even 20 people around you doing the same quest will make it take 3x as long.

Leveling up early through exploration and grinding. Don’t camp quest mobs with everyone else.

Layering doesn’t do anything to address overpopulation, if that’s the concern.

Each layer will have the same population cap as vanilla realms.

2 Likes

I’m going to slow roll on the leveling side of things. Keeping my professions updated, RPing, and exploring will pad the time and let the groups pass by without issue.

4 Likes

It’ll be slow and you’ll have to compete with a lot of people for spawns, but thats only an issue if you intend to powerlevel as fast as possible.

I’m going to be spending a lot of time fishing and leveling professions, so the actual rate of XP gain wont be a super huge issue for me.

1 Like

Funny you say that, I decided to book a week off mid September rather than August 27th and on. At first I put my vacation on release day, but had second thoughts.

2 Likes

That’s what layering is for… although I would of preferred the chaos in just the first couple weeks, that’s the whole point of a new game launch, its suppose to be an event. Sad Blizzard has to take that away from us…

3 Likes

Each layer is going to be maxed server population size. The starting area will easily have a few hundred people perzone based off popularity. Doubling or tripling that mumber is dumb.

1 Like

Even under ideal conditions its gonna be a slow slog through the starting zones on the first few days.
Id rather my first 16hr session to not include 10 hours of waiting for mob tags in Durotar

Hopefully there is a server not full. Otherwise i probably wont even log on for the first week. I hope they have a lot of servers

1 Like

I’m going to try and skip the start area and grind mobs to 5-6 personally. I also took a week off work at the launch. I want to see the congestion myself. For the horde!!

2 Likes

I support this proposal and will be heading immediately from the dwarf start zone to the elf one for this and rep reasons

2 Likes

Due to layering, it won’t be as bad as you believe. But you could always do dungeon runs. The bigger the pileups, the more players you’re going to see huddled around the dungeon doors. This is 1 of the few areas where horde is nicer, since we get a dungeon much earlier at 14. This means we won’t be bogged down as much as the alliance by over population.

Btw, you did not need 2 threads for practically the same topic.

Could also get a group of you together in the same layering to do starter quests, mob hunts, etc, that way an easy tag for 1 is a tag for everyone in the group.

This seems to be a common issue though, as I always see a bunch of solos trying to compete for special mobs in zones, and instead of grouping up together so you all get it done once, they fight over the tag and then someone new comes along to add to the “competition”.

Humans dont spontaneously coalesce into effective egalitarian groups? It’s almost like we could use an easily perceptible incentive for the slower members…

Maybe it’s an alliance thing? I mean I am sure horde players experience it as well, but from the limited time I played on horde years ago, I found they were more willing to group up and get things done over competing for kills like I saw the vast majority of time in the starting zones.

Yeah I’ll be going for explo xp and a few flight paths at launch

3 Likes

You can always wait until the initial rush has passed to begin playing.

2 Likes