Leveling on launch

Correct. Basically, fishing is a spell. Lures/buffs are spell hit.

Fish have a level compared to your fishing level when you surpass that with your “spell hit” the spell lands and you catch it.

Whenever I run into an overpopulation issue with lvling / questing I do the following:

• Find a section of the map that is not heavily occupied. Preferably with mobs a couple lvls lower so I can just grind out the experience I need and skip these quests that are bottle necking me.

• Level main/secondary professions during the day. Grind / quest late night / early mornings when most are sleeping.

• Form a group for dungeons and spend all day farming dungeons for experience / loot. (Great way to meet new people / build relationships with current members of the guild, and attain gear that making lvling much easier.)

• Explore all the zones and attain their FP’s. This will save you a bunch of time in the long run.

• Log off and clean the house.

• Log off make food and watch a movie.

• Log off and read a book.

• Log off and dominate the fiancé because shes submissive and always down.

There’s an old adage “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Just because you can’t level your character through questing and grinding. Doesn’t mean you can’t progress your character in other meaningful and arguably just as important areas (professions, gear, guild relations).

Or you know, take a break, head out into the real world. Better yourself IRL as you wait for WoW to settle down a little.

There are always options to capitalize on. Thinking that leveling as fast as possible is the only thing you can or should do from 1-60 is foolish and you wont last long in Classic.

Classic is an endurance not a sprint.

Only if you think waiting for a quest mob is the only way to level up.

The “<1 (-20?)” line includes Darnasus, Orgimmar, Stormwind City, and Thunder Bluff. The table is minimum skill, adding 95 to the presumed -20 (which was calculated from the 75 “no get away skill”) gets you back to the “no get away skill”. (All of the tables had to be calculated from game data, obviously the negative number for skill can’t be observed, as it doesn’t exist. The methodology is explained clearly with multiple characters doing the fishing.)

Yes, Ironforge and Undercity appear to be missing from the list. However, as I have used El’s Extreme Anglin’ from BC to the time that it went offline and never found a single error, I will be trusting the archival pages with regard to Classic.

I’m going to reserve names and maybe start playing it 3 weeks later. It’s going to be a mess. I’m in no rush

1 Like

Because BC was part of vanilla.

Right.

I find your “We’ll just use -20 as the minimum skill so I can look correct with my ‘95 skill difference’ claim” funny. It seems that admitting you were incorrect about even that minor matter is too much for you.

As I said, if testing during the next stress test or after release indicates that I am incorrect, I will apologize. I do not expect that same from you.

Make sure to wake up early to start your leveling day. Three am sounds like a good time.

1 Like

Ill be at work lol. Ill be on during peak time unfortunately.

1 Like

Sounds ruff. I would try to form a leveling due and group. Level in a due if congestion isn’t to bad but if tagging becomes an issue a group of five becomes much faster. This will also let you farm dungeons if waiting for mob spawns and tags becomes too cumbersome.

Honestly I’m going to spend a lot of time begging for gold on big cities, going on exploration parties and getting one shot by mobs, visiting the opposing faction cities and getting corpse camped. I expect that after I get bored of all of that and get back to leveling, things should be more tolerable.

Put some ambient music on, get into a groove and before you know it, you’ll be level 15.

Group up for certain quests that involve killing X mobs, quests that require looting items go solo. Park your toon in rest zone after playing. Kill extra mobs for fun. Do your dungeon quests. Have fun :grinning:

On the Stress test I leveled from 11 to 15 very quickly grinding crabs on the north shore of Westfall. No one else is hitting them, and they spawn relatively rapidly. They are yellow, not red, so no accidental problems aggroing more than one at a time. They drop great cooking mats and lots of greens- I had like 15-20 greens drop in four levels on the stress test.

1 Like

Well 1-22 took me roughly 24 hours when i did a test but i wasnt competing for much. And that included some duo and professions.

just buy instant 60 on launch for 70$ best money you will ever spend. Then run around low lvl areas an kill everyone

Once mobs go grey you no longer get any XP for them.

Yes but there are boars which are killable from 1 to 60 which are not grey…

I haven’t played since TBC, except a couple hours this week and last. I don’t much like this new game.

I figure it’ll take me about … 3 months to hit 60. So see you all at the end. Don’t wait on me.

1 Like

This is exactly why sharding will be needed.

Yeah but not in Elwynn, which is where they had to stay and grind the boars the whole time in the episode. Every boar there will be grey by like level 14