Leveling on launch

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to form organic groups and meet some folks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scrape your way to 15 and group up to grind instances starting with rage fire chasm.

Pro tip: there is no hurry in reaching level cap.

6 Likes

I am going to kill boarsā€¦

Do you know how many boars it will take to get up 30 lvls?!

So what do you say guys?? You can hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball aroundā€¦ ORā€¦ you can sit at your computer and do something that matters!!!

3 Likes

You will still see 300+ people in each starting zone one day 1. You will still be spending too much time trying to tag a mob, while hunters and rogues get the first hits.

1 Like

If you really want to min/max, choose a tauren, less efficient questing but less people choose them.

Group up with 4 other players and tag everything you can. If they are perma buddies stick with them through thick and thin, if they are fairweather temps drop quest once you get your collection quests done and move onto the next hub (finding lazy peons to club will be the bottleneck in valley of trials imo).

It will be. Near impossible. Cannot be done. Not by mortal men.

Best you just give up now and do something else. How about try Hello Kitty Adventure Island? Or maybe read a Boxcar Children Mystery? Or how about volunteer at a puppy shelter? There are nearly an endless amount of possiblities of things that can be done. Just not level from 1-30. Impossible.

3 Likes

Form a group.

In every stress test Iā€™ve been in to date Iā€™ve gotten to Goldshire in reasonable time by just inviting people to the group, helping them, they help me, we get on the sam page. blam done.

Individualists are screwed /thread

Layering in the stress test was brutal. But I loved it. Iā€™m ok with it. Iā€™m not in a hurry to get to 60

If I make 5 and it is too hard to get tags in a group (and people will want to make friends with meā€¦ Iā€™m a healer), Iā€™ll be getting rested experience while leveling my fishingā€¦ fishing in town.

Best Sunday thread we got? Launch tags? Seriously? Where is Saqe? We need a spicy classic Sunday threadā€¦

1 Like

IIRC, you could not even drop a line in an area if your fishing skill was not high enough.

IIRC, during vanilla fishing in the capitol cities required 75 skill.

AAAAAND thatā€™s /thread ladies and gentlemen

Some of the people rushing in my guild are just grouping to grind lv 3/4mobs and get ahead of the pack.

Donā€™t follow the heard like a sheep, thatā€™s how youā€™ll level.

They were playing on a hacked server. Didnā€™t you see the creepy dude? He left one way for someone to beat him because if it is impossible to lose, the action loses all meaning and gets boring. On an official server Those boars would have gone grey long before they could complete their quest. Lucky jerks, they got to live the grinderā€™s dream. Also, Manbearpig, meet Owlfacedbearchicken.

1 Like

I will be leveling in the wee hours of the morning. Long after the initial rush to log in. I am in no rush. I will probably create several characters to start, then work on getting them to 10 first, then pick my spec and get professions going. I will bounce from one to another as they gain rested and slowly make my way around the areas I am working on. I will not get server first in anything.

I do hope I can find a couple of friends to level with me and maybe join an rp guild, if I can find one.

4 Likes

One thing we can count on for certain is that the greatest rush of players in the starting zones will be immediately after the game goes live. I donā€™t expect the starting zones to be unplayable for weeks like some are saying. More likely they will be manageable but busy a few hours after launch, surely still requiring grouping to complete quests quickly.

I donā€™t think it will be bad. There were so many friendly ad hoc groupers that i didnā€™t have an issue questing even though my stress test server had a lot of players running around.

Iā€™ll be on my lvl 1 spamming chuck Norris jokes in /1 for the first 2 weeks.

2 Likes