Leveling Difficulty Changes Incoming

People complained that scaling was off. This was the result.

6 Likes

And it was off, Monstrously.

5 Likes

Yup. Whole bank full just waiting for my other alts to hit 70. Really glad I spent the majority of the currency on bags instead.

3 Likes

Fixed. And, yeah, it is.

2 Likes

I didn’t even make it to 71, my pally was only 515~, everything dies in 1 hit, the whole world is dead, I saw 3~ players in 2-3 hours…

and kinda just logged out bored with the story, will try again maybe tomorrow.

Why not just admit that all the scaling was a mistake?.

The backwards power progression added since BFA’s revamp hasn’t been well received since it was added, but you won’t even talk about it, let alone consider fixing it.

19 Likes

In alpha and beta everyone had scaled gear that they gave the testers for each test.

it’s literally only pre geared alts that are able to do this kind of damage… go run it in sub 400ilvl 70 you’ll be ish still dont worry…

11 Likes

aka people who played season 4 and happened to buy early access :rofl:

8 Likes

Time gate harder Blizz.

I have been having a blast leveling and for once I felt powerful during the process. Not looking forward to logging in tomorrow and having to whittle enemies down slowly.

Hopefully I’m wrong and you don’t nerf so hard but knowing you thats not a likely scenario.

48 Likes

Its mainly an issue with lvl80s taking 5 to 10 seconds to beat a mob, meanwhile a lvl70 comes along and 1 shots everything.

8 Likes

A bunch of us veterans were just speaking yesterday about how the this leveling experience has been the BEST in all the WoW expansions.

Option to slow down and read, or go fast, or even level via dungeons.

I think you should gather feedback outside of your echo chamber before making such a knee jerk reaction…

This is a bad one.

115 Likes

The horse has bolted… too late to do something now. Just release earthen so we have to get them from 10-80 instead of spamming the starter dungeons to 80 with a 70.

Part of the reason 70 tanks were great was speed sure, but it also kept us away from those shockingly bad high-level dungeons.

Why wouldn’t someone who had raided the highest tier of DF content get to smash leveling in the next xpac? It’s the reward for sticking it out to the end.

12 Likes

Amusing, I am just pissed off at Ion & the higher ups again now.

13 Likes

that’s because they came in at 500ish ilvl lol

This is a mistake. You shouldn’t nerf something that is fun and has absolutely no negative effect on the end game. Leveling faster is ONLY a good thing for the community and this is seen as very anti-community.

39 Likes

level 80s need to become mroe powerful, it’s awful

well that’s not true. level 70s demolished 80s in pvp lol

5 Likes

I saw 0 complaints about this. Maybe from the 78+ crowd that suddenly got one shot, but making the entire leveling process harder instead of adjusting later scaling is not the play.

I did see people complain that the MSQ only gets you to 76, but that won’t get looked at though.

12 Likes

Terrible decision, why would anyone want leveling to take longer? if players want a slower experience they can go play follower dungeons. Let us steamroll trivial leveling content.

20 Likes

Oh… just wait till M0 opens up. It’s gonna be a monumental forum fire.

4 Likes

Because people complained. There are threads around here of “it’s too easy” because they didn’t comprehend it’s tuned for around 380 ilevel.

6 Likes