Leveling Difficulty Changes Incoming

Good news everyone, the data mining of the changes has been done and we can see mobs between LVL 70-75 have had their damage and health increased 50%-140%.

See, I bought EA and I thoroughly agree. We got the best experience by far.

IF the leveling now is longer by even a couple hours, this goes from being an ALT Friendly expansion (to which was one of the huge selling points) to a chore and sluggish feel again.

I honestly am not too happy with these “not working as intended” hotfixes unless they are being fixed in terms of gameplay such as enemies not spawning, to NPC’s not being available, etc. etc.

But messing around with the generalized leveling experience because people were “over powered”? Why did they not take this into account pre launch? They had beta testing no? If people spent all that time gearing up for the supreme end game of an expansion then they SHOULD feel overpowered at the start of the following expansion as a reward for all of their hard work.

I’m sorry but TWW launch (early and actual launch) is showing some true colors here.

IF people are complaining that they feel too “overpowered” well take that as a compliment, and blizzard should 100% respond as such instead of nerfing people enjoying the game.

2 Likes

Dear god man.

That takes those mobs from one global to one and a half or two.

Unprecedented change!

2 Likes

Never seen people whine so much about actually playing a game.

“ERMAGERD IT TAKES LONGER TO LEVEL NOW! IT SUCKS THAT WE HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME LONGER!”

… like, really?

4 Likes

Leveling was such a joke I am all for this change. I didn’t even really understand how my hero talents changed my rotation till I started doing heroics. That’s silly. Game is easy enough. Make more changes like this Blizz. Make leveling fun again!

The changes likely won’t even be that bad. People just love to cry here though.

3 Likes

Why?

As soon as you level, the epic 500+ gear will slowly not be so epic anymore, and it won’t take long to level out of it. You are going to make more lasting impactful problems attempting to address one that isn’t a big deal.

No it’s nothing of the sort. What I’m saying is, in so many words, why they would even nerf the leveling experience at all?

It doesn’t make any sense. The leveling in EA was probably the most enjoyable I’ve ever experienced in ANY expansion thus far. I’m a Wrath lover, and that was slow when it was released, but still loved it.

This expansion really had MANY people like myself feeling like we could finally level alts without the mentality of it being a chore and sluggish. But even adding 4 hours to the leveling makes quite a bit of a difference in terms of a casual player. Not everyone plays this games for 8 hours a day every day.

5 Likes

Yep. People keep saying “it’s selfish that you want to rob us of easy leveling” but the rest of us are saying “I shouldn’t have to wait until S1 opens to even play my character.”

2 Likes

I’d like to see people who make comments like this post their ilvl.

1 Like

The fact that you felt the need to respond simply to tell me how not bothered you were by what I said tells me that it did, in fact, bother you to some extent.
You present yourself as the protagonist of reality and people being dismissive of you gets under your skin, so wouldn’t it be better to just argue in good faith from the get go rather than try to look down your nose at people?

2 Likes

Did you take off your weapons and level harder? No? Then shut up. Hypocrite. Selfish.

3 Likes

I didn’t love leveling in Wrath that much, but my main was a rogue lol :joy:

Eating between quest mobs FTW

Reason #4278 why paid Early Access was a mistake.

4 Likes

100% this, I was looking forward to leveling alts the way the leveling was now I’m not wanting to level any alts.

1 Like

I am glad the community is raising their torches and pitchforks against this.

5 Likes

So apparently you people just wanna push one button and kill everything?

I can’t imagine the “fun” in that. Like, seriously.

You’re going to go from that, and … then what? Suddenly, you ding 80 and now you have to actually do whole rotations?

I mean, I don’t get it to be honest. You’re not even playing your class.

Why not just do pet battles if you’re that adverse to actually fighting stuff?

1 Like

No because I shouldn’t have to do that to experience actual gameplay. Sorry you can’t handle it anymore. Maybe you should try other games. Hello Kitty Island Adventure, Wizard 101. Maybe some simple point and click Old School Runescape might be more up your alley.

What does this have to do with EA?
It would have happened anyway.

Totally. After all I did just spend 10 minutes doing a quest that took 9 minutes and 50 seconds the last time!

Why does Blizzard make us suffer?

throws self on cross

2 Likes

Drumroll…

IN… TEN… TION… AL!!!

2 Likes