Leveling Difficulty Changes Incoming

Maybe, but since this company is ran by t@rds, it’s just going to lead to mass unsubs before the first patch …AGAIN.

Seriously, these idiots can’t get out of their own f-ing way.

4 Likes

No it was way out of whack scaling wise this isn’t hard. You think Blizzard didn’t think “Hmm I wonder if it’s cause so many of these players are pushing 520-530+ ilevel.” They have the data and everything else to see where things are out of whack for any ilevel range and player level.

1 Like

Could be, but also those mobs need adjusting too. They were one-shottable.

This is a frankly shocking decision to make after you let this stand through all of Early Access. Its really hard to argue that early access wasn’t in fact pay to win now.

As someone who did have early access, you should revert this change.

14 Likes

There’s an “also” in there. After talking about open world.

1 Like

I wish I could DOWNVOTE this. I LOVED how leveling was. I hate questing/leveling. Being quick and easy made it fun and tolerable. Why ruin it for those of us who LIKED this?

Now I lost my desire to level alts…and no alts = I lose my desire to play

WHYYYYY

10 Likes

In Midnight, can we just get rid of levels? Force us to do the MSQ if you want us doing quests, but levels are irrelevant for 99% of an expansions life cycle. I’ve not met a player who enjoys leveling, they may enjoy doing quests, but not specifically doing things for the number next to their name to go up. It would also stop this weird scaling issue that you cannot seem to fix despite it being a thing for 4+ expansions now.

7 Likes

Yes, Quick Mob Dying or (QMD) has been a thing for a while. Bliz denies, yet secretly fuels.

1 Like

Making world content difficult aint it chief. Nobody likes to get their hp pumped down to 10% after killing one mob.

5 Likes

Welcome, To Shadowlands 2.0. Where the Developers nerf every last bit of fun out of this game, and Time gate everything to drag out your subscription.

18 Likes

Now you’re seeing behind the curtain.

7 Likes

Yeah I gotta admit I thought all the Early Access people were total rubes based on previous expansions and Early Access being meaningless because S1 didn’t start for weeks later, but looks like Blizzard are keen to make it so you guys actually get a real P2W advantage this time!

3 Likes

I’m not understanding…you WANT things to take longer for you? You want to spend more time sitting there hitting trivial mobs?

9 Likes

It’s an honor to be the first person you meet that enjoys leveling. The number going up is important to me.

I mean at least we got flying I suppose. but yea it’s a little sus right now.

2 Likes

That blizzard telling you should have bought the EA if you wanted 6 days of being OP vs 2 days.

4 Likes

I’m primarily a classic player at the moment. In the past 5 years I’ve experienced this 3 times already with the launch of TBC Classic, Wrath Classic, and Cata classic, that my main which is near-bis raid gear from the previous expansion wallops the leveling content and doesn’t really replace gear much until the new max level where things even out.

This is how this game has played for DECADES because of how much more powerful end-game content gear is than random leveling greens that a lot of alts and new characters are going to roll in with.

So you waited just long enough for the really geared characters to predictably steamroll leveling content then buff it and make it just that much harder for the much less powerful characters to come.

Already the other day I met someone on Early Access who was leveling a character in Dragonflight leveling gear and said they were having a rough time of it comparatively.

This is reactionary and inappropriate Blizzard.

Edit to add-still thinking:

The old joke is to wait until the day after launch to post on the forums “Is it too late to start The War Within?” Yes grasshopper, you’re completely behind now you’ll never catch up.

But I think what also bother me about this is not just alts now missing their saved up 480 warband bank items. But just how hard Blizzard marketed this expansion to the returning player, only now to slap them in the face for not coming back in a bunch of pre-patch gear that was a boring to grind or raid gear from raids they didn’t play.

This change does not meet that marketing message all that well. What you can do Blizzard, is make sure that any character that hits 70 under the new tuning is granted a free set of 480 gear since apparently now the game is to keep up or simply get left behind.

13 Likes

Reminder that EA players were also gifted comp stomp to help with farming honor.

4 Likes

this is world content you shouldn’t have to do a normal rotation of hitting 8 abilities.

And seriously - the power falls off at lvl 75. You increase the power up to 80 you will make it extremely hard to do any solo content. My druid is 77 and it takes forever to kill things now.

10 Likes

Could you explain why? What does your character level going up do that ilvl going up doesn’t? Genuinely curious, not flaming.