šŸ”“ Level Squish Questionnaire going out

A level squish will just be a huge cluster ^$@* at this point.

7 Likes

I have been thinking that a level squish might be one of the reasons for temporarily retiring Recruit-A-Friend.

They already denied that the hiatus for Recruit-A-Friend is connected with the release of Classic, and Iā€™m predicting that we arenā€™t going to hear any details about the new Recruit-A-Friend system until Blizzcon as it sounds like the new system isnā€™t anywhere near finished yet or is otherwise being held off due to massive changes being made to the game (like a level squish, for instance).

3 Likes

I believe you OP. Ion has talked about level squish last three QA. Doesnā€™t surprise me that they would move forward. In a survey no less is a bit odd.

TBH I donā€™t trust them doing a squish. After three failed attempts after XP problems and stats. This would be a nightmare scenario.

10 Likes

I received it too. It was a long survey. Much of it revolved around the differences between Classic and BFA, too.

1 Like

Itā€™s a legit survey, I got it too. It was in my native language (pt-br) and with the currency values in Real about the same questions (if I would be willing to pay to skip 90+ hours of leveling - big no, btw). Iā€™m thrilled, since the level squish was just an idea so far, and this survey makes it look like itā€™s actually happening.

Now thatā€™s an interesting difference; I got very little about Classic, probably because I didnā€™t indicate a strong interest in it in earlier questions.

1 Like

It was definitely a ā€œsmartā€ survey. It gave me questions that were prompted from previous answers. I also got a bunch of questions about streamers, and reporting systems in the game, too, aswell as what other Activision-Blizzard games Iā€™d played/heard of (Destiny 2, HotS Etc).

The email was definitely from Blizzard. I always quadruple check these sort of things. I compared it to the recent hearthstone promo email and wow classic announcement emails Iā€™d received.

1 Like

I never got one just checked. If its true sounds like they have allready made up their mind. Sounds like another disaster waiting to happen. Also I donā€™t see it making leveling any more fun or faster. Suspect it will still take the same amount of time to reach max level.

I really donā€™t understand why they are so scared of big numbers. There are plenty of MMOā€™s that are just as old (or older) than wow that have never taken away an ability, completely reworked a class, or ilvl, stat, or level squished at any point.

I have said it before its not how many levels you have to earn its how long it takes from 1 to max that matters. I really donā€™t see why they didnā€™t stick with 5 levels at a time if they are so worried about it. I didnā€™t see the problem with it.

14 Likes

Yeahā€¦ if they couldnā€™t even get zone scaling right. I donā€™t trust them with a level squish. Itā€™s just gonna break even more things

14 Likes

Definitely real. I just got a confirmation from a GM about it.

I received it too and I had Classic questions as well.

It sounds like the survey was designed to key in on your answers to questions and follow up with more questions dependent upon the answers given to specific topics.

That would explain the slight differences that people are describing.

1 Like

I hope I receive this survey so I can tell them how much I hate the idea of level squish.

17 Likes

We are doing that here and now. Have you lost faith in gd?

1 Like

Along time ago, my male human Paladin friend.

There would be no neeed to level squish if they hadnt done the scaling crap nor nerfed the exp gains and lower of looms. This is just another effort to cover their bad game ideas rather than admit they were wrong and reverse the bad elements from the game such as scaling and the nerfs

9 Likes

Did gmail put it in your normal inbox, or one of the other ones like social or promotions?

Unfortunately my script-blocker killed the form and when I tried to reload it I got an ā€œalready completedā€ message :frowning:

Havenā€™t received the email, but I welcome the idea of a level squish.

My ideal outcome would be if the level cap were squished back to 60 including the newest xpac, making leveling something look like:

• 1-30 Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
  • 30-50 your choice of xpac continents
  • 50-60 newest xpac

This makes things nicer for both vets and newcomers: newbs wonā€™t have to face a labyrinthine leveling path and vets get to totally ignore their most disliked xpac continents.

6 Likes

i like this as well, but what happens to the allied races since they didnt get a starting zone. do they start at 5 or whatever

This isnā€™t the first survey thatā€™s been sent out, weā€™ve already had 1-2 others since BFA hit, IRC one in 8.0 predominantly asking about eSports and Classic, and was sent to the people who unsubbed en-masse in the weeks following release and anotherā€¦which I canā€™t really remember. Could have been in Legion.

Either way, this isnā€™t new behavior by any means and they try to keep their poled numbers small.

1 Like