Level "Crunch": No!

I read that Blizzard is planning to cut our levels at some point in the near future.

That’s right. Our levels will go down.

Blizzard, what are you thinking?

First off, it is taking something away that we earned. I am furious that you are even thinking about this and I will tell you right now that the players will not stand for this slap in the face!

Second, this is of no value. The level reduction does not give you anything-other than breaking the game through countless bugs triggered by crunching our hard earned levels!

Third, you should spend your efforts on something useful. Fix classes, Fix tuning, Fix something.

Blizzard, you must back off right now on this ill thought out level “crunch”. We the players will not stand for it and demand as your paying customers that you not reduce our levels!!

Thank you for your consideration.

81 Likes

I really do not want to level to 150 in the future.

The levels are getting out of hand in my opinion. Thats just my opinion though.

Id love to see the levels cut back and specifically to 70 or 80 max.

90 Likes

I am okay with them doing a level squish if it makes for a better leveling experience.

It was never the numbers man, it was the journey.

61 Likes

They’re forced to roll levels back, unless you want to level an alt 1-130 next expansion. Doesn’t sound too appealing does it?

16 Likes

Or even worse what if the game last long enough to where it’s level an alt from 1-200+

Maybe an option would be instead of a squish they just do a cap and we then go about learning new active and passive skills via class quest chains . Maybe have the new form of leveling numbers wise just be ilvl.

7 Likes

You never played maplestory have you? Wow max level is child’s play compared to that mmorpg.

12 Likes

My issue with the level squish is that it may ruin my ability to solo older mythic raids. Taking this away will surely cause me to cancel my subscription.

36 Likes

How could you possibly know that?

Really Rastlin? No bolding? I’m disappointed.

5 Likes

Technically, if they lower the cap on a character, you would not have anything “taken away”. Lets say they cut the cap in half, then add 5 levels in the next expansion, you would start a level 120 character at say level 60, then work towards end cap, so you would not have anything taken away, while

Then being able to focus on gear, stats, talents and abilities. Everything right now is out of wack because of two stat squishes, and one item level squish and an ability squish, but not lowering the level caps.

So if they lower the power progression to a more manageable level, then they can focus on all the other stuff you would see as important.

But you really don’t speak for the entire player group, I’ve seen feedback going back to level 100 where players were not looking forward to going beyond that. Perhaps if there were no concept of levels from the start, and only focus on gear and gaining abilities, this would have been better from the get go, but here we are no pondering on where to go in the future, when everyone insists that going back in time is the only way to save the game.

28 Likes

It’s widely known that no “new players” will play a MMO that has a 3 digit level cap.

/s

5 Likes

Three digit numbers are scary to five year olds, we gotta cut it down.

20 Likes

Nope and I do not intend to play Maplestory. WoW is not that game.

I like levels to mean something and I kinda get a bit OCD with numbers. 70 to me satisfied that weird anxiety with numbers. 80… at a push.

Hard to explain what I mean there but I hope you can kinda see what I mean haha.

2 Likes

Hopefully soon there will be a squish on the number of new posts in regards to squishes.

29 Likes

Provided I retain the same power level I had at the moment before and the world continues to feel as it did before, I don’t care if they cut the levels in half. I just worry that they have not yet done an ilvl squish nor level scaling without some kind of issues. Now we are talking about rebalancing the entire world?

13 Likes

Hey, Green text, maybe if they didn’t have such stupid ideas, there wouldn’t be a ton of people who thought their idea was stupid?

35 Likes

This has never worked, so stop using it as an argument.

All that your sub entitles you to, is access to Blizzard servers. That’s it. You don’t even own your character(s). Got read the TOS.

OT, i’m with you. Level squishing and paragon levels won’t actually solve anything if the leveling experience is the same and/or takes the same amount of time to get from rolling a new character to endgame.

1 Like

Except players were thinking it well before they even stated this in a Q&A, so if players are thinking and posting about how out of control levels were getting, Development would eventually have to consider it.

12 Likes

Players think LFR is raiding, and Legion was the best expansion, that doesn’t make them right, plus it’s far from a majority view.

7 Likes

If it happens, you’d just be scaled down, you wouldn’t actually lose anything, Chicken Little.

6 Likes