Level "Crunch": No!

Doing any content is playing the game, but congratulations on your current progress.

6 Likes

Oh man. Not those hard earned levels…
:confused:

11 Likes

This right here.Agree 100 percent.:+1:

1 Like

You know they’re just going to to divide the same xp amount needed for 120+ into fewer levels right? And if not just simply that, everything that rewards xp will be changed so as to either take the same time or even longer to level. Instead of more frequent levels, you’ll be sitting in the same levels for longer. Outleveling a zone isn’t, and wasn’t actually a problem until they screwed with the xp requirements for leveling in the first place, scaling hasn’t actually fixed it either.

11 Likes

Oh yeah thats fair but I dont care how long it will take me to get to max level. Its just an aesthetic thing for me I think.

i dont like how you wrote this

And see that’s the problem the number itself isn’t bad…it’s blizz poor doing in making each and every level unique and rewarding. which is why I mention maplestory. They do just that and have 250 levels and it’s going up even higher soon. You get something for each level. That’s where blizz has failed. Especially with this current talent system. Which is why I say the problem lies elsewhere and not the levels themselves. Which is why I say again a level squish isn’t needed nor will it ever solve the levels meaning anything. All it will do is make the number smaller. So anyone who thinks otherwise is just blind to the idea that all will be fix,etc just by numbers being lowered. That’s is flat out false. With or without a level squish the problems will still be there.

8 Likes

Actually that’s not true. Unless you got evidence of that your just spouting what you think which is nothing more than an opinion.

1 Like

I’ve corrected your typo.

Guess you missed the /sarcasm tag.

I forgive you :grin:

Might have. If so I apologize. Trying to chat here and another game forums and cook. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh, nice. Yet another topic on this issue. We definitely needed more posts :slight_smile:

They’ve had to to two ilvl squishes. If they let the character levels get much higher, the next one will have us get even fewer and smaller gear upgrades while leveling. If they ever get to 150+ with another gear squish that brings endgame ilvls down to a reasonable place, you’ll go tens of levels without any upgrades. This is a solution to something people have been complaining about a lot for a long time, especially since they changed the leveling system in Legion.

Plus, this could lead to being able to level literally anywhere at any time instead of being stuck in Outland or Northrend from 60 to 80 and in Draenor from 90 to 100.

I know it’s a Rastlin thread, but people like OP need to get it figured out that the benefits of a squish are of the psychological variety.

Does it accomplish basically nothing, functionally? Yeah.

Does it feel better to be rewarded every ~3 levels instead of ~10 levels? Also Yeah.

Does 60 (or whatever) levels sound less imposing than 130+ to a new or returning player? Also Yeah.

8 Likes

You realize you’re speaking for a lot of people, yeah?

I started playing this game in Legion and liked the idea of a high level cap.

But I guess I don’t count and there’s nobody else out there like me.

So lonely…:disappointed_relieved:

16 Likes

/looks at who post the topic.

Yep it’s Sunday.

1 Like

A level squish will literally solve nothing. It’s a false perception to a minority, nothing more.

Had Blizzard not pruned classes multiple times making every spec so…mind numbingly boring. Had Blizzard not nerfed heirlooms and experience gains. Had WoD and Legion(and now BFA) not been designed around temporary gimmicks that are rendered obsolete afterwards…

This entire issue was caused by Blizzards lack of foresight. And now this potential squish is their bandaid to fix it.

Fix classes. Give us depth again. Give us meaningful choice via talents, hell revamp the talent system. Stop with the temporary gimmicks. WoW doesn’t need a level squish(especially considering how many issues have been caused by the stat squishes). Fix what needs to be fixed, opposed to breaking stuff that is a non issue.

16 Likes

It’s going to be weird if they squish us to 60 (or 50) with classic servers coming out (as they’ll have a cap of 60).

Do we have any ideas on how squished we’ll be?

It really makes me feel like they’re completely out of ideas and just throwing stuff at the wall hoping it sticks.

10 Likes

I welcome the idea of a squish. 1-120 is so unsatisfying. I mean they could add more content to each class along the way to make them feel good, but level squish works too.

4 Likes