Level Characters with Timewalking Campaigns!

They need to explain that for some, part of the way to unlock Chromie time involves 1) Finishing up Exile’s Reach and 2) completing BfA content though “A Nation Divided” (for Alliance and the equivalent for Horde, whatever that is).

Also, it’s not at all made clear in the game. I have a bunch of new and returning players wandering around getting lost or wondering why they aren’t getting any XP on their lvl 34 toon in Northrend or why they can’t access most of the dungeons through group finder. In fact a lot of guides don’t understand this. If Blizzard wants first toons to go through Exiles and BfA content, they need to make it clear why.

Being locked into BfA dungeons must be horrible on a brand new player.

2 Likes

make it to level 60 now please

3 Likes

Why would it be horrible?

Have you done Atal’Dazar on a low level in a group where no one had an interrupt and nobody understood the mechanics of the first boss?

2 Likes

6 MONTHS LATER.

I admit that it would be impossible for me to do any dungeon where nobody understands the mechanics, because I understand them. And if no one else understood them I would explain them.

Technically 11 months later, with a short bout of someone talking to themselves.

2 Likes

Now if only Chromie Time let us access features and things from that expac that were removed for fomo crap

LOL. Good luck with that.

Or maybe they know the mechanics but don’t have the time to let the tank pull the boss over to a safe place to fight him.

I don’t generally have an issue with new players. Maybe try being decent to them?

That’s not the issue. The problem with BfA dungeons is that they’re tuned for classes at level 45, having all of our abilities and talents.

Some fights require interrupts, better AoE heals, better tanking mitigation, etc in order to down them. When people don’t have those, you come to a standstill— not because people don’t know the fights, but because there’s no way to properly counter the mechanics as a level 10.

1 Like

Same thing happened with Jade Palace for MoP, final boss does a ‘dispell or die’ effect and most healers don’t get magic dispell till around level 20 now

1 Like

I would like to be able to stay in Chromie time so that if there is a particular expansion I enjoy I can complete everything in it. It isn’t a loss for the latest expansion because I already paid for it. The alternative for me is to just create yet another alt and stay in Chromie time. It would also be nice to see improvements around phasing in CT with parties in the event someone in CT wants to join a group of 50+ players prior to entering a dungeon.

No, you’ll level from 1-50 through timewalking and that’s all. We know what’s fun!
-Blizzard

1 Like

“Chromie time” AKA how to totally disjunct any story narrative.

chromie time sucks. completely destroyed the get more powerful as you level. bad as blizz with that snuck in world scaling. they cant scale for crap give it up dungeons are dumb low levels blowing 20 to 30 higher level players is just flat dumb.

I had an anyurism trying to make any sense of what you were saying, about all I understood was ‘scaling was done badly’ which, I agree, it was.

Many dungeons from old content have very long stuns or spell locks which the game has moved away from being able to deal with effectively (mages feel this one the worst)

Newer dungeons expect you to have all your kit so there are things like ‘dispell or whipe’ (see the Sha from Jade Palace before it was ‘fixed’) or ‘you will die to this stupid mechanic so you have to burn a b-res’ (see the Helya fight in that boat dungeon).

Then, there is also the fact that lower level characters do insanely disproportionate damage to their level cause of scaling causing tanks to not really be able to hold agro while leveling making tanking or healing a much more tedious/unfun/thankless task than it already was and well…as nice as it is to get to ‘pick a pack’ it really was better before chromie time just because people were always in a reasonable level range with each other.

this is ridiculous. FFXIV has a much better system for queuing for dungeons. I’m so tired of missing out on quest chains to complete because I can’t get a group to do a dungeon with me because I’m not the right level.