Level Anew with Threads of Fate

I tried it at 59 on an alt just for grins. Not going to lie some of those bonus objectives are awful.

One of them in Revandreth was giving 1% per mob kill all the way up to 100, with no other interactable objects to make it go faster.

I don’t know… I didn’t find it particularly effective, but then 1 level is hard to measure. It didn’t seem any faster though. At least in the open world. Those side quests are pretty far apart w/o the campaign to weave you in between them.

It was also unclear as to what “end game progression” folks are talking about. I still had a quest to do to finalize the campaign at 60 and wasn’t able to start my order hall until then anyways. There was only 1 daily on the map, but could be a byproduct of the zone I was in.

All the Torghast and Maw intro stuff required the final campaign quest at 60 so…

Maybe I’m just dense, but it didn’t feel like I was doing anything towards “end-game” aside from just leveling.

Given the nature of the permanence … I will try again on a less useful alt and see if there is a difference when you are in that mode for longer than I was (i.e. 51-60).

Lastly … please let us skip the maw. Oof, how annoying. How’d we go backwards from BFA on this?

12 Likes

I assume alt doesn’t matter if it’s horde alt with an ally main?

Opened my fat trap that I’d make my Wyrmie horde paladin available and have to deliver :crazy_face:

If the density of those bonus objectives is decent, just get a tank to grab like 10 mob at a time or something. I’m always leveling as a tank and let dps around finish what I’m gathering.

So you took away the nonlinear questing ability we already had in Legion and BFA, and are now giving it back as a “new” feature? Hmm…

6 Likes

Although I already miss the zone scaling from the previous expansion this is nice too. Two levels on my Shaman took probably about as long as they did questing on my Monk.

The overall objective though (that asks you to do tasks like quests/dungeons/rares) fills up pretty slowly unfortunately but it pays off after eventually completing it.

1 Like

Were you getting Anima? Covenant chapter progress?

No. I guess that’s my point.

“Note that War Mode won’t offer more bonuses…” … yet another nail in the coffin of Alliance world PvP then? This makes no sense, why remove the War Mode bonus?

1 Like

Player derived xp gains could probably be abused via alt accounts or just cooperative friends near a graveyard.

Edit: not saying I agree with them, just saying it would be an easy system to game if it awarded anything good in terms of xp.

I do agree though. Wpvp is a unique experience that deserves far more effort and dev time than it gets.

I’d be more impressed if you guys added a “Skip” button for the Maw scenario on alts like previous expansions.

I’ve done it once and once was definitely enough. I’m happy to do the normal leveling but damn was that a terrible scenario gameplay-wise.

2 Likes

Does this system also unlock all of the transmog looks from items the story questline would’ve given? It’s important for me to know because if it doesn’t, I see no reason to ever use it. And yes, I know there are “alternative items” with all the appearances, that does not change how I feel about missing the ones from the campaign quests.

4 Likes

Can we get an intro scenario skip please?

2 Likes

Sounds good to me. I just hate that we have to throw in another system on top of the system system leveling we have now.

Nothing like complicating things.

Strange question. Say if I’m leveling character A for the first time and get half way through the campaign, decide I want to play something else so, I level character B all the way to 60 and unlock threads of fate. Will character A then have the option to “skip” or will he have to finish what he started?

Threads of Fate is really slow! Main story (using AAP) is the fastest way to 60.

7 Likes

So, not sure if this is due to the campaign being flagged as complete or some other oversight in the threads of fate, but I am noticing that some mobs that were properly scaled during my main levelling experience are level 60 when levelling in threads of fate. For example over half the entire zone of Bastion had level 60 mobs, when my alt was 51. None of these mobs were in the bonus objective areas (which only comprised about 1/3 zone), but they certainly prevented me from farming ore. If this was intended there should have been some indication in-game as I certainly would have levelled through the main campaign if I had known.

2 Likes

It would help if it gave enough xp to get to 60, Currently only enough xp to get to 59.

1 Like

defeating enemy or random creatures will not grant credit toward the progression bar

Wait what? Since when does killing stuff not grant XP? That’s going to make every extra mob I have to kill running between quest objectives feel like a punishment and not a bonus.

2 Likes

Warning, DO NO DO THREADS OF FATE.

IT IS SLOWER THAN STORY MODE WITH AAP ON.

3 Likes

Why do you need AAP in story mode? It already leads you by the nose ring.

3 Likes