Level Advantage Ruins Plunderstorm

Having a level advantage in plunderstorm completely ruins the game mode. It basically guarantees that anybody that gets forced into an early fight isn’t going to win.

17 Likes

what are you talking about they are reset to lvl1 every time it starts a new game

7 Likes

Not necessarily, but if you find yourself in an early fight that you can’t win, retreat.

Even before that, gauge to see where other players are landing and plan accordingly.

3 Likes

He is talking about in each individual game. there is NO reason for a battle royal to have a in match leveling system, that’s what the items are for. The difference in a lvl 5 and lvl 7 is staggering and will cost you a game.

17 Likes

More than that, it’s just an RNG fest. If you don’t get lucky with rng abilities then you end up on the losing end in a quick hurry.

I know blizzard loves rng for loot, but rng for abilities too? Get rekt.

5 Likes

More like if you don’t get faeform, fire tornado and stealth you can’t win. Everyone is just rolling around with that and whoever doesn’t have that combo just gets stomped.

11 Likes

RNG loot is kind of a staple battle royale thing so that I’m not too miffed about. My thing is that if you’re level 5, you’re just not going to beat a level 7 unless they’re REALLY bad. And running away only works if they don’t have a mobility option, which like every other item has some sort of enhanced mobility or CC functionality tied to it. To add increased health and damage per level on top of that ruins the game mode.

2 Likes

^----- This 100%. Rng IS the lvling system of battle royals. you get crap? salvage the scraps of a fight or keep opening boxes and hope for the best. RNG is fine in these. Losing a game because someone else farmed more raptors than you is a freaking joke…

Sure would’ve been useful for them to have a public test of this event to pick up on things like this…

3 Likes

Or to find out that if you get a firestorm at the start of the match you basically win the game. It deals so much damage you can’t do anything about it.

2 Likes

Idk. I constantly have level advantages and lose from being third partied. Meaning i am playing too aggressive.

I think the skill combos matter more than levels. If players are within about 3 levels of each other.

That’s being third partied though. I just took a fight with someone who was 2 levels ahead of me, but was on like 15% heath and I was full. He friggin’ smoked me in like 2 hits. It’s imbalanced AF and blizzard doesn’t know what they’re doing.

1 Like

and the ice arrow to stop healing from range

Duo mode is a joke too unless you have a friend to do it with. Yeah there’s matchmaking but most of the time you’ll not be assigned a teammate and having to deal with this crap design in a 1v2 is literally impossible.

1 Like

it is there so pve andys can feel happy before they die in first fight

This is facts.

I can’t come up with a good answer for levels either, seems out of place for a BR. Like maybe encourage people to focus on mobs rather than other players? idk.

If they’re going to make it pvp, there should be a level difference limit… a level 4 picking on a 1-2 isn’t quite fair.

I like the leveling system. Makes it unique. It’s important that the mode has flares that set it apart from other BR games. The leveling feature and PvE mobs help accomplish this.

Blizzard mignt have created something really brilliant while staying true to the feel of what makes WoW, WoW.

Also the leveling system and PvE mobs are a really great way to decentivize camping/cherry picking. If you hide out for the whole game, prepared to be behind on power.

1 Like

I think it’s there to make just hiding in a bush the entire match not an effective strategy.

2 Likes