Level Advantage Ruins Plunderstorm

So then either don’t fight the level 7 or be that level 7. If you are truly PvEing and avoiding combat like this forum suggests they prefer to do, being outleveled should never be an issue.

unless that level 7 comes after you while you farm plunder

2 Likes

These are strong builds yes, but they fall a little flat when it comes to dueling towards lategame. If you go the duelist route you can counter this build easily.

Also Fire Whirl is incredibly overrated. Epic quality Faeform is probably a must pick in most rounds and could be toned down a bit.

2 Likes

That’s just the nature of any PvP game bud. Big fish eat little fish. Be the big fish.

so this is impossible then

what was the point of this part

My favorite combo so far is the root trap + void bomb.

Bonus points if someone is charging me with fire whirl and I use that on them and it nearly 1 shots them.

You have tools to disengage. Use them wisely or be one of the first 10 people to be eliminated. I’m assuming the latter happens often for you. I can’t say the same for myself because I don’t just give up when I’m challenged with something

1 Like

The problem is getting the chance to become the big fish. You’d think you get 10x the rewards for killing other players the way some folks act.

1 Like

i dont play plunderstorm

i just want the 5 ability loadout in normal wow

pvp is an afterthought after all

Keep at it and you’ll get there! I played last night and finished first 3 times in a row. Got 2500 to 3k rep for each round it felt great

1 Like

Not a fan of the bomb but when i get it early game it’s so good for speed leveling. Just tag a bunch of mobs and blow em up! Risky though because usually there’s some pesky gnome hiding in the shadows waiting to gank me while i plow through the mobs :dracthyr_crylaugh:

1 Like

Not sure if that will ever happen at this point now that plunderstorm has been launched. That 5 ability loadout has manifested as Plunderstorm and it is without a doubt coming to consoles.

But in the near future i think it’s clear they will incorporate Battle Royale-esque moves into retail. In the War Within preview for warrior spells, there is a Hero Talent/Spell that reeks of the Plunderstorm combat mechanics. Excited to see how they incorporate it into retail.

HOLD UP, the Battle Royale has levels that impact your performance?

That’s staggering in its stupidity. The entire point of BR is that you make the best of what you find in the field. Having an inherent advantage over someone else before a weapon is even a factor is criminally stupid.

5 Likes

Yes and some people really take the fun out of the whole thing.

Agreed. Its like going to a Teamfight with a level 1 Ashe and you get one shot by a Smite from a level 20 Tristana or something (I hevent played LoL in a long time).

That doesnt make any sense lol. I found that xp in the field… everyone has the same time to farm.

1 Like

No, you didn’t. You found the abilities and RNG in the field. You just ‘got better’ because of magic XP points. Another person’s abilities count for less because they don’t have your numbers.

Fortnite doesn’t do this, PUBG doesn’t do this, no BR does it because it is a stupid idea. In BR, having top-shelf gear doesn’t guarantee you’ll see top 10 because you still die to a sniper rifle about as well as anyone else after you get clinked and lose the helm. In this, there IS no ‘headshot potential’ so a level difference massively skews and snowballs.

3 Likes

Not when you get blasted right off the bat. Some people don’t care about farming plunder, etc, to level, they just wanna kill everyone they see and come out #1. When someone has made it to 7 and they come up and slaughter a 2, well, that kinda makes you not even wanna fool with it. And getting to 7 is from RNG, not skill.

1 Like

A person who missed the bird landing on an elite is by definition at a disadvantage to those who hit an elite. That is a fact.

2 Likes

It kinda reminds me of the days when level 60 pvpers would camp and gank level 10s.